Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A few things.

1) we can only absorb 30-40 g of Protein at once.

2) Go to Vitamin Shoppe and gt a bottle of this or that to try before buying a big tub of something

you may not like. ( they also have sample pack sizes of Syntrax Nectar that you can mix with Water and its a very good juice type protein NOT like Isopure.< /p>

3) I personally have the best luck with Nectars ( fruity ones) and OhYeah! ready to drink ( they are lactose free) in strawberry and banana.< /p>

Thanks! I needed to know that about the protein grams absorption per feeding But what's your source?

It is correct for many. People do not usually tolerate dairy post-op. It is advised to take Protein powder with Water. You might as well try to take it with milk. But, do so only if you think you can tolerate it. All the best.

I mix my protein powder with almond milk. Love it.

Hi all

I am 1 week post op

I am not meeting my goal of 116g of Protein a day but I have found a great product.

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein. It is a whey product but it tastes amazing! chocolate or vanilla and I think they have unflavored

My go to shake is

Choc Unjury 21g

Milk 6g

PB2 5g

Two ice cubes to thin it out just a little

I add a third of a banana

It's so good u think your not drinking a Protein Shake and u get 32 grams of protein!!!

Good luck with finding what works for you all!!!!

I drink Oh yeah! ready to drinks.

YOu can get them at Vitamin Shoppe.

I can also get singles at my local gas station chain store. and apparently you can get them at GNC

http://www.gnc.com/ISS-Oh-Yeah-Nutritional-Shake-Vanilla-Creme/product.jsp?productId=3368337&cp=3593186.3593187.12950051.2108256

A few things.
1) we can only absorb 30-40 g of Protein at once.
2) Go to Vitamin Shoppe and gt a bottle of this or that to try before buying a big tub of something
you may not like. ( they also have sample pack sizes of Syntrax nectar that you can mix with Water and its a very good juice type Protein NOT like Isopure.< br />3) I personally have the best luck with Nectars ( fruity ones) and OhYeah! ready to drink ( they are lactose free) in strawberry and banana.

Thanks! I needed to know that about the protein grams absorption per feeding But what's your source?

I stocked up on powder Unjury.com I bought unflavored, broth, chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry sorbet that can be added to foods or milk or Water. The website has recipes so you don't get bored and also a money back guaranty. I haven't tried them yet. I previously had a date for 1/24 but the insurance wanted more documentations, I was approved on 1/28 and scheduled for 2/28. We are going on a family trip on the Feb 14th so I had to pass up on the 11th which they first available date. But it will go fast!

I used Bariatric Advantage Protein shakes before surgery mixed with milk, which is 35g Protein. But since my surgery these shakes make me gag and get thick over time and I cannot stand them now. I didn't have this problem before surgery. I went to sam's club and got the Premier Protein ready to drink (just chill 1st) shakes. I like both chocolate and vanilla and they are not making me gag, they just have to be really cold. my protein goal is 75. So I have been drinking 2 shakes daily and either putting protein in Water and putting it in my g tube or getting the last 15g protein from the pureed foods I have been eating. I bought the nectar drink mixes online and they make me gag too. I will have my g tube atleast for 8 weeks so I kind of get to cheat, because I can put shakes and Water in it to reach my daily goal.

Optimum nutrition brand is awesome. No Protein taste at all. They currently don't have a sample pack available but they have many flavors; I've tried coffee, Cappuccino mocha, and just ordered chocolate coconut. I buy from Amazon but it is available at GNC.< /p>

Regardless the brand of Protein you choose you should check out 'The World According to Eggface'. She has a lot of tasty recipes for Protein Shakes to keep you from getting bored w/one thing. You're going to love the creative variations! :-)

I've been using the Body Fortress whey Protein from Walmart, and I also eat one Quest bar a day. I'm so glad I got the sample pack of the Syntrax flavors because they were disgusting to me! Even the unflavored one has a gross flavor to me. I like the Body Fortress or Atkins pre made shakes. I usually add them to black iced coffee.< /p>

I've been using the Body Fortress whey Protein from Walmart, and I also eat one Quest bar a day. I'm so glad I got the sample pack of the Syntrax flavors because they were disgusting to me! Even the unflavored one has a gross flavor to me. I like the Body Fortress or Atkins pre made shakes. I usually add them to black iced coffee.< /p>

Just remember after surgery you can't have coffee anymore. You will get dehydrated and end up in the ER if you do. Max pro makes a great tasting coffee flavored protein.

Just remember after surgery you can't have coffee anymore. You will get dehydrated and end up in the ER if you do. Max pro makes a great tasting coffee flavored Protein.

My surgeon allows coffee. I'm 11 months out. I had to stick to Decaf for the first 3 months, because the acidity of caffeine will irritate the healing pouch. But after that regular was fine. I drink 1 or 2 cups daily.

Edited by pookybear

It's actually been proven that coffee does not dehydrate you, especially if you're getting in enough daily liquids. I'd stick to your own surgeons recommendations, though.

Just remember after surgery you can't have coffee anymore. You will get dehydrated and end up in the ER if you do. Max pro makes a great tasting coffee flavored Protein.< /p>

I drink 2 cups a day and do fine. Have never been dehydrated and am 9 months post op. My surgeon allows it in moderation.

I'm allowed all the coffee I want. Just remember to follow your docs diet.