Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone,

I know everyone's experience changes from time to time as far as their experience with their surgeon and dietitian, etc.… My name unfortunately hasn't been the best. My surgery was in September and I've honestly lost a good amount of weight but I do think it would be more if I was doing a lot better diet wise and exercising as well.

I thought I would reach out there and maybe we can have a discussion as far as diet is concerned and what works for one another. I suffer with chronic pain and other disability issues, so convenience is extremely important to me. I am not really spoiling or eating the things that I'm not supposed to but there are many times where I'm not hungry. And also times where I know that I'm getting little to no Protein which is not good obviously...

I recently received some samples of a product called powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. They sent me their flavorless Protein powder that can be added to a variety of things… I was thinking or hoping I could add it to a Breakfast or lunch item and kick off my day with getting Protein I need.

How is everyone else doing with their diet? I would love to hear others' ideas and/or suggestions as to what works for them.

Have a good day,

Natalie

I have been wanting to get some unjury Protein as well, but haven't done it yet. I have been having the same issue. I am not hungry and I crave nothing. So, whenever it is time to eat I spend a ton of time trying to figure out what to put in my tank. I decided to go ahead and start premaking things so that I will have something ready instead of wasting time searching. I have been eating tons of canned chicken, canned tuna, and the alreay cooked grilled chicken fajita strips. I just pop them in the microwave and go to town. I also like turkey sausage. I found some turkey sausage links in the refrigerator section in Walmart where some of the Breakfast food is. They are $1.14 for 8 links. They don't even taste like turkey. I put two in the microwave for 30 - 35 seconds and I eat either one and a half or two. eggs were well for me in all forms as well. Basically I am eating things that don't take long to make, are good sources of Protein, and still taste good. I also like to cook grilled tilapia, grilled shrimp, baked chicken, and a variety of cooked veggies when I am in the mood for cooking. Whenever I want something sweet I do treat myself to a Special K chocolate Protein Drink. I can only drink half if even that much. It is a little on the higher side sugar wise, but it does provide protein and it helps with any sort of chocolate cravings I may have. I do have days where I have to force myself to eat because I am not hungry and I don't crave food, but it helps a lot to remember that when I don't eat enough it affects my weight loss. Good luck to you! :D Oh, also...I get on pinterest when I want to try something new and want a meal and I look up WLS recipes and things like that. Tons and tons of good ideas for healthy foods for wls patients on there!!!

If you undereat your body will fight the losing weight and want to store food easier. You really have to get that Protein in to satisfy your bodies need.,,

Chris

I eat a plain non fat greek yogurt with a piece of fruit in the morning. Danon makes an 80 calorie and about 12 g of Protein. lunch is either turkey or chicken slices rolled with either sliced avocado, laughing cow cheese, dinner can be salmon, shrimp, chicken, beef (usually the Protein from whatever the family is eating). Snacks are 1 percent cottage cheese, lowfat cheese sticks, low fat Peanut Butter, a Morningstar veggie burger. Nightime I usually have a 100 cal. 17 g of protein EAS Protein Drink.< /p>

Not sure who the host is for this forum, but this thread should be moved under food and nutrition forum. I think there is a sub forum for postoperative eating. There are a lot of good tips there already.

I often buy a rotisserie chicken from costco. I can't eat the whole thing so I freeze two and three once portions for lunches and dinners. I also freeze ground beef the same way. Because the package is so small it thaws fast. Early out, I heated the Protein in a fry pan and tossed in a bite or two of frozen veggies. Top with some kind of sauce and it's an easy quick meal for one.

Lynda

I had the sleeve on December 20. I can barely eat anything without getting full, so I really have to rely at this time on Protein supplements. But I can't really find one I like that much, so I am without energy. I have lost 46 pounds since December 13. I would love to hear from anyone with ideas. I am open!

I had the sleeve on December 20. I can barely eat anything without getting full, so I really have to rely at this time on Protein supplements. But I can't really find one I like that much, so I am without energy. I have lost 46 pounds since December 13. I would love to hear from anyone with ideas. I am open!

My favs were Gold Standard whey Protein in French vanilla and unjury chicken. I mixed the vanilla with 1/2 soy milk and 1/2 Water. For variety, I added a packet of Starbucks Via in Italian Roast Decaf. No need to heat the Water with the Starbucks instant. Also, the blender made it too foamy, so I used a blender ball for all my drinks or just stirred them.

Lynda

Not sure who the host is for this forum, but this thread should be moved under food and nutrition forum. I think there is a sub forum for postoperative eating. There are a lot of good tips there already. I often buy a rotisserie chicken from costco. I can't eat the whole thing so I freeze two and three once portions for lunches and dinners. I also freeze ground beef the same way. Because the package is so small it thaws fast. Early out, I heated the Protein in a fry pan and tossed in a bite or two of frozen veggies. Top with some kind of sauce and it's an easy quick meal for one. Lynda

I started this thread… I'm not quite sure where the food and nutrition forum is – I looked for it before starting this and couldn't find one. That's why it put it under the best applicable forum..

Rotisserie chicken is a good idea – I'm getting ready to make a turkey with the rotisserie – first time LOL I plan on eating some of it of course and then probably making turkey salad out of it and things like that. I'm not sure what the rules are when refreezing items like that… I was worried about it because I wanted to do the same thing. Do you ever have any issues with it?

I haven't tried it yet but I am told that powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury has one of the best brands. The type of Protein the use is apparently on the highest level. They have non-flavored protein packets and then flavored ones as well- even a chicken Soup one. One of the things that my doctor said we could do was add extracts to Protein drinks. My doctor promotes chike – which wasn't that bad… I always added vanilla extract or strawberry extract or what have you. Make the shakes a lot better. There are so many extracts out there and very easy to add to errands either mix or even blend with ice. I was always helps – either as a smoothie or and drinking in a liquid form – ice always helps taste free.

Congratulations on your loss – that's a lot to lose in a month. I have is difficult to eat protein but you really have to. Even if you make it and sip on it for several hours…

I hope that helps. I am not an expert in any of this – this is just based on my own experience.

One of the problems that I have or have is the fact that the dietitian didn't help me at all – even after paying her for several visits… That's why I'm going out alone and talking about it here. This is a site that unjury variety and they also have an email address where you can actually ask their dietitian questions. It's totally free and I just thought it it's at least a resource…

https://www.baribest.com/store/baribest/

Askthedietitian@unjury.com

One of the problems that I have or have is the fact that the dietitian didn't help me at all – even after paying her for several visits… That's why I'm going out alone and talking about it here. This is a site that Unjury variety and they also have an email address where you can actually ask their dietitian questions. It's totally free and I just thought it it's at least a resource… https://www.baribest.com/store/baribest/ Askthedietitian@unjury.com

By the way – I'm not trying to promote that company or any thing like that it's just a resource that was given to me and I thought I would share. I just don't want it to seem like I'm promoting them or anything.

I started this thread… I'm not quite sure where the food and nutrition forum is – I looked for it before starting this and couldn't find one. That's why it put it under the best applicable forum.. Rotisserie chicken is a good idea – I'm getting ready to make a turkey with the rotisserie – first time LOL I plan on eating some of it of course and then probably making turkey salad out of it and things like that. I'm not sure what the rules are when refreezing items like that… I was worried about it because I wanted to do the same thing. Do you ever have any issues with it?

The food and Nutrition Forum is now under the General Weight Loss Surgery heading. There's a sub forum for post-op under that.

I don't refreeze foods much. I freeze it in the smaller portions and then eat it. There are some dishes that I use meats that have been frozen then freeze portions of those dishes. Chili and spaghetti sauce for instance. I haven't had any problem with those.

Lynda

By the way – I'm not trying to promote that company or any thing like that it's just a resource that was given to me and I thought I would share. I just don't want it to seem like I'm promoting them or anything.

Haha, no worries. I'm always mentioning unjury too and they aren't paying me :-) it's the only Protein powder I tolerated in the first week after surgery.

Lynda