Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

need a talipia recipe

Terridoodle;

Also try Salmon Fillets... they are firmer and awesome with some FRESH Rosemary crushed up and crushed up garlic cloves....

Saute in a tad of olive oil.... or to keepp the fishy smell out of your house....get

one of those WIRE B.B.Q. baskets and GRILL your Salmon or tilapia....its awesome!!!

Also try Skewers on the BBQ of Fresh chucks of pineapple, SALMON Cubed, ONION, etc.... Baste with Italian FF salad Dressing and voila!!!

I am telling you ~ I did not get this heavy by NOT being a good cook!!! LOL

Hi,

I make my Talapia this way and it tastes great.

I spray a pan with PAM or whatever spray you have and I make a mixture of lite mayo and mustard and I spread it lightly on top of the fish. I sprinkle garlic powder and paprika on top and make or broil it.

After it is finished, I squeeze some lemon on it.

Try it and see if you like it.

Pat

I eat fish 5 times a week - I just made up this recipe 2 nights ago...

Catfish or Tilapia any fish you want

El Pato (mex Tomato sauce yellow can with a duck on it it think)

Garlic Powder

EV Oilve Oil

Put a little evoo (rachael ray fans) in bottom of pan - roll fish in it - season with garlic powder salt & pepper then pour a can of El Pato over it - back in oven (depending on type of fish) 15-20 min @ 350 .

I LOVED IT...

I love cornmeal encrusted fried fish - well those days are gone so here is my new healthy version of fried fish

Any Fish

Eggbeater

corn mea seasoned w/lGarlic powder - salt - pepper (sometimes add cayanee sp powder

Pam

Wash & pat dry fish - dip in eggbeaters - dredge in seasoned cornmeal mixture - lay on cookie sheet lined w/foil and sprayed with pam - then spray top of fish with some more pam. bake 15 - 20 minutes or until done.

I usually just bake my fish in oven with a little evoo - garlic powder salt and pepper - may add some cajun seasons one day - or a tad parmensee (sp) cheese on top.

Love all fish !!!! except orange roughy - it's a little dry for me - usually eat - dover sole - salmon - catfish - tilapia - trout - use to love chillien sea bass - use to be cheap (yrs ago) but i never see it unless it's frozen..

Try this quick Talapia recipe.

shake the talapia fillets in a bag with a little Italian bread crumbs and shredded parmesan cheese. Saute in a little butter for a couple minutes per side. It is delicious.

I am a newlywed and my husband is so supportive of me and my weight loss goals. I'm down over 90 lbs. Anyway, this is something he loves to cook for me, especially when I'm under the weather and need a Protein boost.

Lay tilapia in your favorite italian dressing. If you make the Good Seasoning's Italian dressing with evoo and red wine vinegar, I think you'd like it.

Anyway, marinate for 10 minutes on each side in the Italian dressing. Remove from the dressing and lay in a baking dish on top of foil (for easy clean up). Top with some Cajun seasoning like Tony Chachere's and a little lemon juice. Bake in oven on 375 degrees for 8 minutes. It won't be brown but it will be good. (Maybe a little longer if they are big pieces.)

Let me know if you like it.

I am a newlywed and my husband is so supportive of me and my weight loss goals. I'm down over 90 lbs. Anyway, this is something he loves to cook for me, especially when I'm under the weather and need a Protein boost.

Lay tilapia in your favorite italian dressing. If you make the Good Seasoning's Italian dressing with evoo and red wine vinegar, I think you'd like it.

Anyway, marinate for 10 minutes on each side in the Italian dressing. Remove from the dressing and lay in a baking dish on top of foil (for easy clean up). Top with some Cajun seasoning like Tony Chachere's and a little lemon juice. Bake in oven on 375 degrees for 8 minutes. It won't be brown but it will be good. (Maybe a little longer if they are big pieces.)

Let me know if you like it.

TA337 - Congrats on 90lbs thats great

I will have to try this since I am a big fish eater - but it's going to be a couple of weeks cuz i just got a fill yesterday and with my doc i have to go back the post op diet - liquids mushie soft then reg - 7 days for each..

TA337 - Congrats on 90lbs thats great

I will have to try this since I am a big fish eater - but it's going to be a couple of weeks cuz i just got a fill yesterday and with my doc i have to go back the post op diet - liquids mushie soft then reg - 7 days for each..

How sweet of you to write. Congratulations to you on your successes as well!

How sweet of you to write. Congratulations to you on your successes as well!

Well, we need all the props we can get for all this hard work we are doing.

It's not easy changing our old habits.. :rolleyes2:

I like to make Tilapia into ceviche.

You dice the fish into small cubes and soak it in lime juice and a little vinegar overnight. The lime juice and vinegar will cook the fish. The next day, chop tomatoes, a jalapeno pepper, a little onion, cilantro and add to the fish (leave in juice). Salt and pepper to taste.. delicious..

I like to eat over tostadas or with saltines..

I like to make Tilapia into ceviche.

You dice the fish into small cubes and soak it in lime juice and a little vinegar overnight. The lime juice and vinegar will cook the fish. The next day, chop tomatoes, a jalapeno pepper, a little onion, cilantro and add to the fish (leave in juice). Salt and pepper to taste.. delicious..

I like to eat over tostadas or with saltines..

I love ceviche and always made it with shrimp and/or scallops because I find catfish (the local fish) too fishy for lack of a better word. I bet the tilapia is delicious!

This is how I cook all my fish.

I sprinkle some salsa seasoning mix right from the packet on to the fish and cook it in a pan with 1 TLB of evoo. I like to serve it with home made salsa and wrap it in lettuce leaves....va la! A fish taco!

I like an Asian taste to the Talapia:

Brush the Fish on Both sides w/a combo Mixture of Black Bean Garlic Sauce & Chili Paste. I pan sear them in a Sesame Oil & serve over Brown Rice w/some Steamed Bok Choy.

Get some cornbread mix and dredge the fish in it, then fry it in a little extra virgin olive oil. Not very much of the cornbread mix actually sticks to the fish, so it's not very "bready", but it does give it a great flavor. One of my kiddos' favorites.

Hugs!

Donna

I made this up and I call it

Mexican fish florentine...

VERY tasty... hits all the taste buds...It is low fat and high Protein

Prepare the fish by putting a 1/4 tsp of lemon juice on each piece of fish and then sprinkle with salt free lemon pepper on both sides. Pan cook in non stick skillet with Pam untill still moist but done...

While the fish is cooking take fresh spinach and chopped it up coarsly... put in a microwave safe dish with a pinch of Water and heat for 45-60 seconds....

Put the cooked spinach on your plate and then put the fish on top of your bed of spinach... Top your fish with your favorite salsa(my fav is embasa mexican salsa it is in a can not jar..in the ethnic section of your grocery store) then add fresh cilantro on top...the cilantro is key to this dish

ENJOY!

YUMMO!