Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hi Roe

it was great to finally chat to someone else who has been banded. You looked great made me realise how much i'd let myself go i've been very deppressed and negative towards the band because of the mixup with my fills and having no restriction and losing nothing for over a year. I have 5 mls in now and i have to say it really does make a difference I've lost five pounds since thursday that has never happened to me before. I feel more positive now. Hello to anyone else I met I'm not sure if you are on the forum or not. Could anyone tell me how you put that thing on the end of your thread that shows how much weight you've lost??

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows what is going on with ACS, I understand that ACS is being liquidated and that the Hospital Group has taken it over but when I ask how that effects my after care which I paid in good faith and getting more fills I can't get a straight answer. The receptionist was going to put me on to Kim but I have always found her unhelpful. I have been reading your posts and everyone seems to be going to Chirs De Bruin, he did my last fill with ACS, is he will ACS still or has he moved. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

candy

Hi everyone hope everyone is keeping well... Ok well my flights are booked and the nerves are kicking in big time!!! I was just wondering what to do about a pre op diet dr de bruyne never gave any info on it and its only from reading the forums i realised a pre op diet has to be done and poor me thinking id pig out for the next few weeks lol also is there anything i should take with me or have for when i come home any info would be great...

Flirtylass I was banded by Jerome Manuceau and we didn't have to do a pre-op diet. All surgeons are different. I'm sure if you needed to do one your surgeon would have given you the info.

Girls just to let you all know I heard today that 2 girls who were filled by the Belgian nurses last week are very badly overfilled. One girl ended up in Loughlinstown yesterday, all they did was put her on a drip, shes flying to Paris today to have a de-fill she's in a very bad way. Just to warn you to be careful how much of a fill you get because if your overfilled theres nowhere in this country to be defilled. Having been in the situation myself its horrific and I'd be very careful how much of a fill you let the nurses give. They give this girl a 2ml fill

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows what is going on with ACS, I understand that ACS is being liquidated and that the Hospital Group has taken it over but when I ask how that effects my after care which I paid in good faith and getting more fills I can't get a straight answer. The receptionist was going to put me on to Kim but I have always found her unhelpful. I have been reading your posts and everyone seems to be going to Chirs De Bruin, he did my last fill with ACS, is he will ACS still or has he moved. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

candy

As far as I know they've basically washed their hands of us. I haven't been in touch with them, don't really see the point. Last time I heard from them I had my appointment cancelled like many others and was told they'd be in touch in 2 weeks that was months ago. From what I hear anyway they're as bad as ACS so I will steering well clear of them. I personally am just cutting my losses

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I've not been around for a while, I'm currently in London and will be for the remainder of the month. I've decided to pop over to Paris to see Jerome to have a proper xray with him and find out what exactly is causing the acid reflux that I've had since my last fill. I don't think that the band is too tight, I know by how comfortable it is to eat right now that and the fact that I've not lost any weight for quite some time now. I know those of you who have seen me think I'm fine at the weight I'm at now but I would like to lose another 7 to 10lbs but I'm not in a huge hurry to do that. I am more concerned as to whats going on inside me. So I'm going to eurostar it to Paris one day next week and get the xray and the correct fill level. Jerome says he won't charge me for his consult, I'll just have to pay the radiologist for the xray. So that shouldn't be more that 150. Euro. Hope you're all doing well. Take Lil's advice about having conservative fills. Nothing worse than being overfilled, particularly in Ireland. :Banane37:

Hi all ,sorry i've not been on in months but i have been so pissed off that i could not even come on ,i was banded last October and have had only 1 fill in January and that has been it ,have had no appointment since ,no help at all from ACS ,is anyone else in the same position ?thanks a million ,any help or advice would be fantastic ,i thought by now i'd be a little way to where i wanted to be .

Hi

Regards

candy

Hi Again

Thanks Lil for letting me know about ACS, there must be alot of us who have dealt with ACS for this op and are unhappy with our treatment. Personally I don't want to let them get away with this, if enough of us got together and sought legal advice maybe we would be able to negotiate for better treatment. I would love to hear from anyone who would like to take this further, €10,000 is a lot of money for me as I am sure it is for the rest of you, I don't believe this is something we just let them get away with, like all of you I am sure you opted to have the operation in Dublin because you would receive aftercare, which wouldn't have been the case if we had gone to Belgium.

Apologies for the impassioned plea but even before ACS was liquidated I found them unhelpful and rude and I don't like being swizzed!!!

Thanks

candy

hey everyone,

godness its been ages since i posted, hope everyone is well,

i'm looking for some help , serious help....

my band is far too tight and i need t get it losen but i dont know of anyone to give me a de-fill apart from the hospital group but thats not till 18th sept and i wont make it that long. i havn't eaten any proper food in a month,

any help would be greatly apricated, thanks dini

Hi again ,i also keep getting told that they are waiting on the surgeon's to get their licence to practice here ??has anyone else been told that ?i feel like i'm up against a brick wall here ,thank's.

Hi Dini ,I'm sorry to be no help to you at all but as i've not been told anything about The Hospital Group taking over ACS i was wondering when you were told you had an appointment on the 18th Sept ?as i just posted below they keep telling me about surgeon's licence and can't tell me when i'll see anyone at all ,again i'm sorry to be no help and hope you feel better soon ,

hey everyone,

godness its been ages since i posted, hope everyone is well,

i'm looking for some help , serious help....

my band is far too tight and i need t get it losen but i dont know of anyone to give me a de-fill apart from the hospital group but thats not till 18th sept and i wont make it that long. i havn't eaten any proper food in a month,

any help would be greatly apricated, thanks dini

Hey again, I was told that I would have an appointment up in Belfast on 30th August, nobody has come back to me to confirm, I was also told that the Surgeons for the Hospital Group were waiting to get their licenses also.

Regards

candy

hey there bettyboop

i got the app, cos i've been trying and trying for ages and i begging for it. they said they had no app so they'd call me back if they had anything so i got a call back a week later with there new app date, ask for a girl called Robbie up in belfast. its not in dublin as they still dont have the paper work for dublin

candy with my expierence i would call belfast i was ment to have 2 other app and they weren't comfirmed and they wouldn't do thing for me cos they didn't have my file.

dont know if this helps my aftercare is with wlsgroup in the uk, they come to dublin once a mth, there over on 10th sept in fitzwilliam square. they do just after care alone. there mail WLS Group [enquiries@wlsgroup.co.uk]