Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Good Luck Debb...... try make sure you get up and walk about as soon as you can after the op , this will help with the gas pains you get in your shoulder....... looking forward to hearing from you post op.....

:update::update::update::update:

Hi All,

Well had my appointment with the surgeon today AND :) HE'S EMPTIED MY BAND:faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint:

I don't know how I'm going to cope. I'll have to seriously watch what I'm eating and not be naughty at all.

I have to ring Fitzwilliam Place on Monday to arrange an appointment for an xray and then when we know what the problem is hopefully it can be fixed and I can get back on this journey. I intend to write down everything that passes my lips to try and keep some control. This afternoon I was out shopping with the kids and we stopped off in Debnahams Cafe. I ordered a veggie quiche and it came with salad and crisps I could only manage half the quiche and the salad was gross so I didn't eat that and I did of course polish off the crisps, I would have done that with the band anyway. For dinner I made Tomato and marscapone Pasta with quorn pieces for all of us and I ate a small portion and was full. So I'm hopeful that maybe with the band empty I will still have some restriction. I don't know what to be more scared of, having an empty band or finding out I need to have it repositioned again. :drama:

Well hope all of you are having a more productive week. Wishing you all comfortable restriction and loads of weight loss.

Heya Coco

Thanks for the advice re the yogurts, custard etc. I'm kinda having a bit of a meltdown at the moment as its 'only two more sleeps' til the op!!! And I've been reading lots of the problems people have been having with not feeling restricted enough so I s'pose I'm a bit nervous - what if I pay out all that money and still end up having to almost follow WW points in order to maintain a weight loss??!! Anyway, I rang ACS so am waiting for Debbie to get back to me tomorrow cos I just want to put all my concerns out there... the whole point of the op is so that you can't eat unlimited amounts of food and that you feel full on less so if that isn't happening on a regular basis for a lot of people I'm a bit concerned.

Hope you're feeling better and that your heartburn has eased up? That sounds awful for you.

Talk soon xx

Hey Debb,

By the time you read this your op will be over and done with, so welcome to the losing side.:clap2::clap2::clap2: I hope you're feeling well and don't have any of the wind pains that are sometimes associated with the op. I hope my woes didn't upset you and you must remember that not everyone has problems with the band. You will lose weight quite quickly in the first two weeks and then it will slow down till you have a fill or two it will be interesting to see how this new Dr does the aftercare and fills. Don't be over anxious about the weight and give yourself three months to start seeing regular weekly weight losses. Sounds like a long time but its not, it'll fly in. Enjoy what you can eat while you can.:):) Take care and keep us updated on your progress.

Coco - best of luck on Saturday and hope you can get the xray....maybe the repositioning has optimised the band and 2.25 will be plenty for good restriction! Fingers crossed for you!

Thanks for that Kermit, as you can see from my post above I'll be getting the xray. I'm just really worried how long I'll be left without any restriction.:help:

Well I will have to just be really careful untill I know whats what with my band and what needs to be done to fix it.

How is everyone?

sorry i've not been around i've been working 15 hour days not including looking after the little one. The only reason i am on now is cos i'm ill and have a cold.

anyways how is everyone doing? i'm looking forward to seeing the new docter, hope he's a hottie!!!

was great to meet Alesha and Twinkle-Toes and of course to see Laura (Terry). I went into ASC last week and Tara was there super friendly wondering where i had dispeared to. haha!!! them u got a text from her the other day saying she's leaving on friday. I wonder who the new nurse will be. Has anyone heard anything?

I'm off to New York on Nov 24th can't wait only booked the other day!!! yipee , i'm at 157 (11 stone 2) i'm love to be down to 10 stone by new york. i've noticed the weight is comming off 1.5lb to 2lbs a week rather than 2-3lbs a week but i;ll take it what ever way it comes once its off!!!

well let me know how you all are. lots of love

Dini xx

Hi Dini,

Hope you're feeling better by now. New Doctor seems quite nice and is a bit of eye candy, well if you compare him to Jerome. :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Lucky you, off to New York, you'll be doing some amount of shopping there I bet. :rockon: Congrats on the weight loss also, you'll be at goal in no time, you'll see.

[/size]

Hi Dini,

Hope you're feeling better by now. New Doctor seems quite nice and is a bit of eye candy, well if you compare him to Jerome. :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Lucky you, off to New York, you'll be doing some amount of shopping there I bet. :rockon: Congrats on the weight loss also, you'll be at goal in no time, you'll see.

Hello

I don't know how to use this site I'm just testing:help:

Hello

I've just joined this site and I'm trying to figure out how to send messages. I've been thinking of getting a band , fed up with trying to lose weight and constantly thinking about it. There are a few questions I'de like to ask if anyone can help.

When you get the band does it become just a part of day to day life or are you always aware of it being there?

Is the fill port visable or can you feel it under your skin

Marge

welcome on board marge ,this is a great site and the support is great while your thinking of getting banded........... it does become part of your day to day life and you learn very quickly what and how much you can eat . you need to learn how to eat slowly and chew, chew, and chew again, as if you try to swallow something thats too large it will get stuck and thats very uncomfortable.the port is not visible but you can feelit under the skin

Coco babe, SO sorry to hear about the total unfill! Fair play to you for being so positive and upbeat about it - I think I would be a grumpy old witch in your position - but then again you are very strong and encouraging all the way along.

Good luck with the xray and keep us posted.

Debb - congrats on the band and best wishes for a successful time ahead.

Hi Marge - welcome to the forum and if you read back through the posts here you will see all the ups and downs of band life - I would definitely go for it. for me it was the final straw - and it works. I am a very slow loser but in the same time frame in the past I would have lost and then gained back twice as much. I have lost about a stone in total since end of July but after my first fill I was more restricted. I am due another in two weeks when I hope to be droppin' them kilos as fast as I used to drop doughnuts down my cavernous gullet.

Hey there girls, I've been off the site for months now and I thought that I better get back in touch and update you with a wee bit of progress.

Up until yesterday I was up to 7ml in my band without ever having any feeling of restriction. I had a really bad night on Friday night whereby I couldn't even lie down in the bed because I had such a bad pain in my shouder and a squeezing sensation in my chest area. So off I took myself to Owenstown House at 9am Saturday morning in the hope that there would be somebody there to give me an unfill! (I never thought I'd be asking for one of those!!!) Luckily I was met by the nicest lady who told me that the surgeon was indeed there and that she would get him to come down to me as soon as he was out of surgery in about 20 minutes. The new surgeon is a pet, he has good English and took the time to listen to my symptoms and talk things tru with me and after a discussion he decided to take 2ml out of the band and then send me for an x-ray asap to establish what is going on with the band inside.

Talking to the surgeon was really very helpful. He explained that it could be one of 2 things, either the band was not in the correct place or that the band was in the correct position but I have a streatched pouch. This was really difficult to hear and I have to admit I cried like a baby. To think that after going through the surgery and working so hard to get the €10k together and also that I am loosing the weight so that I can try to get pregnant - all this motivation and I still might be able to out eat the band!!! Anyway, a big thank you to the the fello bander in the weighting room he gave me the big hug I needed after hearing that news - you know who you are!

So the pain and squeezing sensation has gone away since the unfill of 2ml and I got my first night's sleep in over a week last night. Today has been very hard and I am battling with myself not to turn to the comfort of food and this is how I have ended up on the site here hoping for some support and distraction!

Nuala's idea is very good to write down exactly what we are eating here and it might keep us on the straight and narrow. I'll start that tommorow though as I've just come back from a meal out and I don't want to make you all jealous of what I was eating as I know most of you are restricted now and unable to enjoy a 3 course slap up meal!!!! he he

On a serious note though, I have done so well with the weight loss over the last few months through diet and exercise and I am so hopeful that I do get things sorted out now and that I will enjoy the benfits of being banded and go on to loose the balance of the weight that I need to. I am getting married in the new year and would love to get another 3 stone off before then. To any of you new people I just wanted to say that the band is still a great solution and to not get disheartened by my experience. I know that just thinking about the band inside me keeps me on the straight and narrow more than I was ever able to before and I know that I will never be a big girl again as a result.

Would love to meet up with you all too some time soon as there are loads of new people I don't know yet. If any of you have any questions for me just post them here or send me a private message.

A BIG HELLO to everyone from a very tired and fed up mum who is seriously considering having LapBand surgery. Im 36 living in Co Waterford and i've been lurking on his site for the last month or so. Okay guys I really don't know where to start, i've about 6stone to lose (im 16stone/5ft 4in) tried absolutely everything over the years, no success - well lose a stone, gain two stone - know what I mean? So here I am, seriously thinking about surgery, so any advise on where to start? Financially I will probably have to go abroad, as i'm fairly sure I couldn't afford surgery here in Ireland. Any advise that anyone has to offer would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks Again,

Ger

Hi allure , good to see your back again. you probably dont remember me , we met in owenstown house one day and you gave me your number so i could get on this site. It has been a great support to me. I have been watching out for a post from you to see how your doing. Sorry to hear your having a tough time. Keep the chin up , you will get there . congrats on the weight loss. Good luck with xray.

Hey Allure,

Great to see you posting again. Keep it up it really helps. You know how I feel about your band, I'm convinced its not positioned correctly, as you said, you have lost over 3 stone and thats through healthy choices and exercise. The band has never worked for you and I could cry when I hear you beat yourself up about your eating habits when you have shown great restraint and managed to lose over 3 stone without the help of restriction. Put your right hand over your left shoulder and give yourself a big pat on the back. You've earned it. :biggrin1:

Speak soon. :eek:

Coco babe, SO sorry to hear about the total unfill! Fair play to you for being so positive and upbeat about it - I think I would be a grumpy old witch in your position - but then again you are very strong and encouraging all the way along.

Hey Kermit,

Thanks for the sympathy, I need it. I really feel like my band and I have split up and that an early reconciliation is in the offing. I can't think beyond the xray right now because if I think of all the things it might be I will be a basket case by the end of the week. I really, really, really don't want to gain any weight in the meantime. I have given away all my fat clothes I can't afford to go up a size and its the head hunger I'm battling with, because I know I can eat it. It doesn't matter that I'm not hungry.