Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hi All,

Well, my heartburn came back with a vengeance after my fill on Thursday so I phoned ACS on Sat. morning to see if I could have a defill. I was told that Lu was fully booked and that Jan was available on Monday, I explained that I was in pain and really needed to see someone immediately. She took my number and said she would ring back. She didn't, and so I drove in and said I'd wait to see if Lu would see me. Lu was very busy and trying to catch a flight so I was delighted when she made time for me. JUST AS WELL! I explained to Lu what was going on and told her that I had 2mls in my band according to Jan but that I felt there was maybe 1/4 to 1/2 ml more than that. So Lu got to work and aspirated all the Fluid to check how much was in there and to my absolute amazement and shock there was almost 5mls in ;). Lu put 4.5ml back and so far I've no heart burn, but I can't believe that Dr Jan has written up my chart saying that I've 2mls in and there I was with 5. Its not unbelievable its bloody downright disgraceful that this sort of thing can be going on. I'm the third person that I know of that has been overfilled this past week. I tell you now, Lu is the only person I trust with my band now. I shall be speaking to Debbie about this as its just not good enough. Ok rant over.

Hey Coco,

That just clarifies that my maths is'nt all that bad!

Hi All,

Well, my heartburn came back with a vengeance after my fill on Thursday so I phoned ACS on Sat. morning to see if I could have a defill. I was told that Lu was fully booked and that Jan was available on Monday, I explained that I was in pain and really needed to see someone immediately. She took my number and said she would ring back. She didn't, and so I drove in and said I'd wait to see if Lu would see me. Lu was very busy and trying to catch a flight so I was delighted when she made time for me. JUST AS WELL! I explained to Lu what was going on and told her that I had 2mls in my band according to Jan but that I felt there was maybe 1/4 to 1/2 ml more than that. So Lu got to work and aspirated all the Fluid to check how much was in there and to my absolute amazement and shock there was almost 5mls in :). Lu put 4.5ml back and so far I've no heart burn, but I can't believe that Dr Jan has written up my chart saying that I've 2mls in and there I was with 5. Its not unbelievable its bloody downright disgraceful that this sort of thing can be going on. I'm the third person that I know of that has been overfilled this past week. I tell you now, Lu is the only person I trust with my band now. I shall be speaking to Debbie about this as its just not good enough. Ok rant over.

Coco I can not believe that! 5mm and you taught you have 2.1/4 your totally right it is disgraceful. I hope your heartburn has eased. oh my lord i totally in shock!! Is Lu slim blond lady?

I stepped on the scales today and nearly cried. i had lost nothing! not even an ounce. i think i'm going to have to weight myself every second day now. i just wanted to cry even 1lb would have been nice last week i lost only .5lb and this week nothing i know i;m restricted enough if not i'm over restricted. i just wanna cry :)

oh on saturday i was having this pain exactly were my port was. it was like a very tender feeling and just around the port was tender too alsoit felt like it was sticking out more than usual. i delt with it all day and them at ten i called Owenstown. of course there was no-one to help me. the male 'new' nurse like he told me said to call back in 5 mins how rude but i said no i will not get me someone now. he got a woman who did not have a clue what she was talking about to come to the phone and told me to take a anti inflamtry (sp) like i carry them in my purse just for fun and that she could not do anything for me and she also gave out to me for not calling before a certain hour. i was trying to see if the pain would go instead of bothering them. anyways she said she'd get them to call me in the morning i expected this call at 8am. 5.30 yesterday evening i get a call and all they siad was that i had to call ACS and make an app with Dr Jan nothing else i was so veery annoyed any ways the pain is not as bad at all but i feel slightly discomfortable anyways will i leave it another while and see what happens or will i go in? dont know what to do??? help please

hope you get sorted Coco i can hear the baby tearing the place apart i'd best run!!!

xx

Hi Dini,

First of all, Lu is the tall thin nurse and I think she has blond hair. She is only there every second Friday and every Saturday morning.

As for your port pain, I would make an appointment pretty sharpish, I mean you shouldn't have just started to get pain there now, so long after your surgery. Definitely worth having it checked out. My heartburn is gone and its due to Lu taking out the half ml. Considering the amounts I can eat at the mo though I will have to go back in next Sat for a 1/4ml. Hope you get yourself sorted soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Emerald,

Obviously in Poland 1ml means 2ml.:angry Very busy today and didn't get a chance to phone ACS but first thing tomorrow.

Dini

Don't worry about the weight loss at the moment, you are doing fantastically well. 51lbs in 5months. That's 10lbs a month. I was done 6 months before you and I've only lost 62lbs so relax a bit. Don't weigh yourself more than once a week there's no point. Are you eating enough, sometimes if your not getting enough calories your body goes into starvation mode and holds on to everything it gets. Check you cals and make sure you're eating enough.

Hi all. I'm a newbie. Have been considering surgery for the longest time. I put on 6 stone in 5 months while suffering from post natal depression and cannot shift it. My appetite is huge. I work my ass off in the gym and lose a stone max, or I eat like a bird and am starving all the time. The most I've managed to lose was 2 stone and that was by really trying. Going to the gym 5 times a week and weight watchers.

So as soon as I stopped losing the weight I gave it up and am now back to my original weight (just under 19 stone).

I've been this weight for 5 years and want to enjoy my 20s seeing as I missed the first half by being fat. I don't go out anymore and am generally not happy in myself.

On the other hand I have a partner who loves me and a daughter and I'm scared of something going wrong. I'm hoping to book the op after Christmas but I'm worried I'm going to regret it.

ailbhe

first welcome...i know exactly how you feel as i have four sons and on day of op i cried my heart out incase i didnt wake up and they would think i left them because of some vanity reason and of course a fat mum is better than no mum at all surely,but...i was miserable i felt old before my time and hated myself i couldnt understand why my hubby loved me and thought he would leave when he found a much better skinnier woman ,i thought i was a crap wife,crap housekeeper.crap mother.you get the gist !!!

but i wasnt i am still the same person i just like myself alot more now,i feel confident not wow im gorgeous but wow...look

how good i look in those jeans that last year wouldnt go over my thighs ,i go out now and i know i can turn heads ....probably not brad pitts but still some people would notice this young girl in the nice dress who smiles now and doesnt find the corner seat ,ive lost weight many ,many times before but never all the excess i got comfortable then would stop and then u-turn back up im still not at target and guess what im pregnant with number 5 (not planned) but im excited now as i know that i can deal with my weight its no longer this big thing in my life ,i was 19 stone 4lb day of the op 18th dec last year ...so week b4 xmas.

in answer to your question will you regret it ...yes lots of times because as with all things in life you have good and bad times and plenty of times ive given myself a hard time for getting to this place where i even needed it ,if i could have learnt to live my life the way i see it now as food being so low down in the importance of things in my life i would have never needed the band.... but i didnt know how and felt i was spiralling downward and even my very real fear it would all go wrong couldnt sway me from going through with it .

so here 11 months on 88lb lighter (im exactly 13 stone)i wear a size sixteen comfortably and im 19 weeks pregnant and although i sometimes have discomfort with the band i wouldnt trade it in for diamonds.

only you know whether its right for you ,i wouldnt recommend it for all people but for those who have hit rock bottom it is by far the best option to get back up and stay there ,i wish you luck in your decision and hope whatever you decide to do that it works out for you .

Hi all. I'm a newbie. Have been considering surgery for the longest time. I put on 6 stone in 5 months while suffering from post natal depression and cannot shift it. My appetite is huge. I work my ass off in the gym and lose a stone max, or I eat like a bird and am starving all the time. The most I've managed to lose was 2 stone and that was by really trying. Going to the gym 5 times a week and weight watchers.

So as soon as I stopped losing the weight I gave it up and am now back to my original weight (just under 19 stone).

I've been this weight for 5 years and want to enjoy my 20s seeing as I missed the first half by being fat. I don't go out anymore and am generally not happy in myself.

On the other hand I have a partner who loves me and a daughter and I'm scared of something going wrong. I'm hoping to book the op after Christmas but I'm worried I'm going to regret it.

Hi Ailbhe,

:welcomeB: this is a great site to research the band. Have a look at the pros and cons so that you can decide if its the right road for you. For me with all the ups and downs I've had with my band, I don't regret it for one moment. I would do it again in a heartbeat. The band is the first and only thing that has worked for me, I like many people have tried, weight watchers, slimming world, low carb, high carb, cabbage Soup, south beach etc. The only thing that has worked for me is the band because it physically stops me from over eating. Yes I was nervous about the op, who wouldn't be, the thought of not waking up afterwards had me having doubts whether the op was worth it or not. I had to weigh up the pros and cons and the pros won. Good luck with the research and keep us posted.:(

hi everyone. Coco- cannot believe the hassle you are having. Fingers crossed for you. Nikki - great work - you are an inspirational story for the rest of us. I can't wait to see a real difference like yours!

Welcome newbies and hope you all see loads of success (but don't worry if it slow going at the start)

Great news to report - I got my 2nd fill 10 days ago and the clinic told me I lost 21 lbs since the op! (July 27th):whoo: Funnily enough Jan told me to stop eating bread..despite the fact I never had a problem with it...he doesn't advocate it apparently. It seems to be working though as since my fill I have lost another 5lbs which is bringing me closer to the two stones mark!! Thought I would have more gone in nearly four months but half a stone a month isn't too bad I suppose- think the rate of loss might increase now though with restriction.

I also had my first slime and PB tonight after the lovely birthday dinner my hubby cooked for me. Never knew what it was before and don't recommend it but I was weirdly delighted that my band has 'woken up'.:heh:

Talk to ye soon

hi everyone. Coco- cannot believe the hassle you are having. Fingers crossed for you. Nikki - great work - you are an inspirational story for the rest of us. I can't wait to see a real difference like yours!

Welcome newbies and hope you all see loads of success (but don't worry if it slow going at the start)

Great news to report - I got my 2nd fill 10 days ago and the clinic told me I lost 21 lbs since the op! (July 27th):whoo: Funnily enough Jan told me to stop eating bread..despite the fact I never had a problem with it...he doesn't advocate it apparently. It seems to be working though as since my fill I have lost another 5lbs which is bringing me closer to the two stones mark!! Thought I would have more gone in nearly four months but half a stone a month isn't too bad I suppose- think the rate of loss might increase now though with restriction.

I also had my first slime and PB tonight after the lovely birthday dinner my hubby cooked for me. Never knew what it was before and don't recommend it but I was weirdly delighted that my band has 'woken up'.:heh:

Talk to ye soon

Hi Kermit,

Well done you, delighted to hear of your success. I'm getting there with my restriction, at the mo I have about 4.75mls in and am trying to stick with that at least until after Christmas if I can. I've started swimming lessons and am going twice a week so lets see how long I can keep that up for.:rolleyes:rolleyes I have restriction in that I am eating smaller portions but I've not had any pb's or sliming for which I'm truly grateful.:biggrin1::biggrin1: Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Anybody out there lurking........ sign in and have chat. We can feel your presence.

...I am so excited!!!!!! I am overflowing with enthusiasm!!! Why - well today for the very first time since being banded on the 5th May 2007, I experienced restriction! Yipee!!!!! I now know what you lot have been experiencing at long last.

This morning I had the same Breakfast that I usually have, s small bowl of Tesco Suger Free Museli with a small amount of skimmed milk - Low and behold when I was 3 spoonfulls in I felt this feeling that I have never experienced before - something that told me physically to stop eating. I was having breakfast with 2 colleagues in work and so I quickly excused my self and went to the bathroom and spit up some terrible slime. This soon subsided and I took great delighht in going back to the table and taking my bowl over to the bin and throwing out half a bowl of breakfast that yesterday I would have been horrified to waste and throw out - but then again I didn't need to as I have always been able to finish. The best thing that I felt was a feeling of fullness and satisfaction that acted as a deterant throughout the morning in work, even when clients arrived with Belgian chocolate and Tobelorone bars!

So then it was lunchtime and I had to take clients out for lunch. So I make my usual healthy choice of fish - cod on a bed of mushy peas today. Then it happens again, I am 2 bites in to the dinner and my body tells me again that it is time to stop eating! The sliming begins in earnest and at one point I nearly think I am going to PB all over the table in fronth of everyone and I only just make it to the bathrooms in the retaurant - so this is a slight drawback to the euphoric feelings that I am experiencing but only slight.

Anyway I just wanted to share this with you all as I hope it will motivate any of you who are not experiencing the feeling of restiriction at the moment or at all as was my experience up to now. I stayed away from contributing to this site in recent months as I was so disillusioned with my banding experience and did not want to influence anyone who was beginning their banding journey, but now I am happy to shout out all about this restriction I am experiencing. I really believe that if this restriction holds up that I will finally begin to loose the weight that I need to and become a healthy average weigh woman able to have children next year!!! I also have a huge motivation to fit in to a wedding dress early next year too so I'm off at the weekend to sign up again at the gym to help with the tone up I'll require with this great weight loss I'm anticipating!!! ha ha

I'd love to hear if there is anyone else out there who has experience this late felling of restriction, 7 months and 7ml in band later?

hi coco this is louise patricia here just trying to find my way around this site, dont know whats up with my band but i have restriction back tonight,it seems to have a personality disorder . still awaiting a reply to my e- mail , xxxxxxxxxx