Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

<p><p>Hi folks</p> <p>Just figuring out how to use the site so bear with me! Am having a consultation at ACS on Saturday with Dr Manuceau. Bit concerned to hear some people's experiences of not feeling as restricted as they'd thought. Its a whole lot of cash for it not to feel like its working isn't it? Anyway, I think this is it for me, have done all the diets in the world and can't exercise easily anymore cos of the pain in my back. Hope this works! Am scared but also determined. Not telling too many people cos some of the reactions I've got are unsupportive to say the least!</p></p>

Hello ladies, just though I'd better check in with you all as it has been a while since I made the time to come on here. Falling back in to the looking after everyone else mode and forgetting about myself so I thought this would be the perfect place to start as it is always a very supportive place with loads of practical advice when things aren't going as you would like them to!!!

The great news is that I finally made it to the 2 & half stone mark this weekend. This however, has been acheived through hard work exercising and not through restrictive eating with the band. The question I'm putting out there is there anyone else out there with 5ml in their band and not feeling any restriction or anything that tells you to stop eating????!!!! At the moment the thought of spending €10k and the fella in my ear is helping me use self restraint but other than this I can eat anything I like - steak, roast beef, burgers and all the trimmings without any indication to say stop or "you've eaten enough"!. I'd love tp hear from anyone who is or has gone through this experience?

hi Allure

I am banded 10 days now and I was very restricted for the first six or seven....but now I don't have the 'full' signal on the same amount of food. I am worried because I had lost 8lbs in the first week but this has slowed and I am 2 lbs up again! I can eat two weetabix with milk for brekkie now no problem whereas in the first few days it was half a weetabix and I felt the warning high up in my chest that enough was enough. It sounds from other posts that this is normal until the fills start.

It does sound, though, as if your band isn't doing the job for you at the moment. You must be thrilled at losing the 2.5 stone - great work! And I say that because it has been hellish, hard work off your own back - not the band. :whoo:

Is 5ml the limit or can you ask for more? Good luck and well done again!

Hi Debb and welcome to the site. I remember waiting to meet Jerome myself and feeling very nervous. It is difficult to hand over ten thousand big ones but for me it was the last alternative. I hope you find the very best path for yourself and that all goes well. Good Luck!

Kermit, do not worry about the 2 pounds up. I know of quite a few people who put back on up to 5 pounds in the weeks 2 to 3 after being banded but then they went on to continued weight loss. I myself had restriction for a full 4 weeks after being banded and managed to lose 2 stone during this time. The last half stone has been very well earned through exercise. I am however a huge believer in the band and know that it might just take me another 1ml to feel the restriction or indication to say that I have had enough food. I'll keep you posted as to how I get on after a visit to Jerome hopefully this week. FYI: The band can take 7ml in total but I haven't spoken to anyone with more than 5mls.

Thanks Allure - feel a bit better that others have been in the same boat.

It is great to hear that you can get another 2 mls in the band if you need it - maybe half a ml is all it will take to hit the jackpot restriction you need. Now that I think on it - Jerome did mention to me that it is possible to lose weight on the stomach itself so maybe you have lost loads inside and out! It is fabulous the way you are positive and upbeat about the band - I will remember your example when I am losing faith in it every now and again. Good luck with it, Girl, and hope you get to pump her up this week ! :biggrin1:

Hey Kermit!! How are you?? This thread moves so fast i cant keep up with it.

How are you getting on? Do you have any pain around your port? I have a bit, its a bit tender to touch.

Regarding weight loss im afraid to jump on the scales. I had restriction in the first 3-4 days but now im feeling hungrier on the same amount of food. :help:

I also feel very bloated, my trousers that i wore before being banded are very tight. Im off on me holliers in 12 days and I hope the bloatedness goes soon. Im seeing Jerome on Satruday as my 1 month check up falls when I am away. When is your check up?

Hi Alesha - yes my restriction is going too - I did feel a little bit bloated but I found that stuff with gluten makes me soak up the Water big time so my belly bloats. Have a great time on holidays and don't worry about the bloat - think to yourself that this is the last holiday to ever feel that way! I went to Spain in June and swore that this was the last holiday I would go on with the airplane belt digging in and using my husband's tray because mine wouldn't go down! I'm another pound up today but reading other posts makes me feel ok because I have obviously not hit the sweet spot yet. My appt with Jerome is the 22 Aug. Can't wait to get back to feeling full on half cup of soup! It is my own fault because I have broken the rules and am eating sweets.....but I hope to be back on the wagon asap. Enjoy the hols!

Hi Guys

Just back from having my check with Dr Manaceu. I have lost 4 kgs, which is 8.8 lbs. thats in 14 days, not too bad although i was expecting more. I was a bold girl alot of the time, eating choccie:hungry:. I didnt get a fill as im only over the op two weeks. I wanted one but I will go by his advice as he does know best. Im off on holliers next Sun so that why i seen him so early post op.

HOw are you Kermit??Hope your feeling good

hi allure, i got ur e~mail 2nyte thanks!! i gathered this was you from reading ur post and the fact u where banded the same day as me May 7th. best of luck 2moro and make sure u see himself!!, im still the same, getting sick, not being able to eat much, but im still not loosing the pounds!!! talk 2you soon xXx siobhanxXx

hi Alesha - that is GREAT news about the weight loss! You have started the journey and it is going to be so cool to watch the ticker move in the right direction! good luck and keep it up Girl - you are obviously on the right road!

Hi Skinnyirishbabe

Don't worry! I was in a state of major panic because not only did I stop losing - I started putting on weight and it has been only two weeks for me too! I have been reading a lot of posts though and apparently this can happen to loads of people - a lot of long term banded people reckon that the real weight loss only begins after a fill (or some people have only started noticing the weight loss after their second fill). So I have taken a big chill pill and I'm going to relax about it. (By the way I can eat a whale without the slightest feeling of restriction at the moment!). When did you get banded?

Hi Skinnyirishbabe

Don't worry! I was in a state of major panic because not only did I stop losing - I started putting on weight and it has been only two weeks for me too! I have been reading a lot of posts though and apparently this can happen to loads of people - a lot of long term banded people reckon that the real weight loss only begins after a fill (or some people have only started noticing the weight loss after their second fill). So I have taken a big chill pill and I'm going to relax about it. (By the way I can eat a whale without the slightest feeling of restriction at the moment!). When did you get banded?

23rd of june... i think! Having such an emotional and stressful time at the moment all i want to do is eat! This time last year i broke up with by bf father of my three year old. since then we sold our house, i bought a new car, got promoted in work, got the band in and bought a new house. my final loan approval came through today. doing snag next week and hopefully sign the week after. Hopefully by xmas i'll be in my new house and skinny! just wish it was all over, can't take much more.

God you are strong! Any one of things is stressful but the whole lot together is scary! Good luck with the house move and congratulations on the finance. Hope that in a couple of months in your life will be bliss!