Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hi Girls,

Hey thanks for all your kind words and messages of support. I really appriciate them. I know this is just a kink in the road to a slim and healthy me, and today the date for the re op was confirmed for 13th July so just 8 days to go. I'm happier now that I know me and my band will be reunited so soon. As much as I'm enjoying having no restriction and eating anything and everything I want, I am missing my band and have slipped so easily back into the old ways of eating. Its confirmed what I already knew, that the way forward for me is the band and that it was the right thing for me to do.

Skinny, have you tried eating normal food or are you still on sloppys. If your still on sloppys start eating normal foods, just make sure you eat your Protein first, it will fill you up. Good luck.

Dini, you had such a hard time, it can only get better for you. Sending virtual hugs to you.

Hey Everyone,

Coco got your hug cheers!!

I'm having problems with my back, he bottom right side has been erally sore. is there anyone else suffering from this? if so do you know what its from?

also is there anything i can take for it. Its at a very bad stage.

Thanks

Hey Skinny,

You've lost 9.5lb in two weeks well done, as for the eating, I don't know what to say, I doubt you will get a fill before your monthly check-up but one thing I will tell you is to weigh yourself every week and record it so that when you go back to Jerome he won't average out you weight loss over the month. Make sure if you don't lose weight in the next two weeks to tell him that so that he will be more lightly to give you a fill. And also let him know that you are hungry. I know this doesn't help your prediciment right now, but on the other hand you should enjoy the food you can eat now because a few fills down the line and you won't be able to eat nearly as much as now.:):)

Hey Dini,

I've no idea what the back pain is all about, maybe you should see your GP. Try taking a couple of solpadine capsules and see if that helps.

HI,

Hows everyone doing?

Lou

Hi Lou,

Its very quiet here lately, I think people are on hols and stuff. I'm going back in to have my band redone on Friday and am not quite sure about how I feel about it. I do know I want my band back desperately, but I'm a little worried and concerned as I'v read about people's bands slipping more than once. I've not told my kids that I'm going back to hospital because the last time I said I was having tests done and when I came home I told them that everything was fine. So I don't know what to do this time. They are only 7 and 8yrs old. I might say I'm going out with my sister and I will be staying at her house on Friday. I don't know. I'm sure I'll figure it out.

How are things with you? Any success with the eating yet:)? Hope you're doing good.

Hi dini how are you doing I hope you are keeping well. Have you lost much weight, I have lost about 12pound and it is only 2 weeks I am so happy I got the band done talk soon

Laura

12lbs in two weeks thats fantastic. my weight loss has slowed down quite a bit but i can feel such a difference in clothes. I bought a red dress size 14 for a wedding in august. I bought it months ago and fell in love with it. It was the only size left. it was about two inches too tight across the bust but guess what it fits me now!

Best of Luck Coco

Thinking of you today and fingers crossed it will go ok

hi dini i had to go back to the hospital today. I was very sick all week pains every were, hot cold hot cold they said I had a bug.I have been sick all day yellow crap from the end of my bellyI feel like shit. I hope you are keeping well talk soon Terry sorry coco I forgot you were there today I would of went over Terry

It's been a long time since I've posted on here because I have had nothing positive to contribute and didn't think it was fair to you all to be so negative! However, I give up and I really need the support so here goes....

I have been banded now for 2 months and I have had 2 fills of 1cc each time on top of the 2cc that went in the band on the day of the operation and I still have no restriction at all. I can eat absoulatly everything and in vast amounts - pizza, Indian take away etc. I am still trying very hard and I am following the Weight Watchers points system at the moment to stay on track and not to return to my binge eating of past. I have been successful in that I haven't deviated from my points or eaten sweets but I do still eat the take outs when himself comes home with one!!

Has anyone got any advice or any experience of never feeling restriction. I know what it should feel like as I had it for the first 3 weeks after the operation and I talk to one of the gilrls who got banded the same day as me in Galway all the time and she is most definatly experiencing restriction.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated please.

Dying to meet up with you all too soon to see and hear how you are all getting on. If anyone is interested in meeting up on a Saturday morning over the next few weeks just post on here.

Allure

i'm so sorry that your not restricted, have you called then and told them?

I have no advice cos i'm not there yet.

i'd love to meet up. let me know where and when,

I have no restriction at all now. i haven't had any since about day 7! tring to eat low calorie foods and not much and not drinking with food etc but i'm so hungry its not funny. i've got 3cc in my band already. i'm going to beg for a more than 1 cc when i do back on the 25 th. Tara texts we often to make sure i'm ok . which is great!! mind you i was well ill for the 1st week.

my port sticks out. which i think is crazy!!! i've lost 11lb so far but i'm not feeling lighter or looking it. i'm hoping this isn't a waste of 10k!!

hope you start loosing weight again soon and get some good restriction.

Terry

sweety i hope your feeling better really soon. i can't picture the pain you must have been in! text me let me know how you are

Coco

how are you after the opp? i hope it all went well for you. let us know how you are.

talk soon

dini

Hi everyone.

A few people have mention meeting up! How about 11am Bewelys Hotel Sandyford.

Just off the M50 exit after Drundrum?

hope to see as many of you there as possible!!

Dini

pm me if you need directions or questions x

sorry Dini terry here I cant make sat 21, but I can make sat 28 if this meeting does not happen talk soon terry.