Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Welcome skinnyirishbabe, just keep chippig in with your questions and experience & you'll get loads of support online here.

Welcome back Brenners, we missed you!

So today I broke the 17stone mark when I hopped up on the scales this morning. I haven't been here in a long while so it was a good feeling of success. However, this was short lived because when I went to get dressed just after I couldn't find anything in the wardrobe that I could wear! It took me 2 hours to get dressed through all the tears and the total despair. I just can't figure out what clothes I wore on the way up to this great weight! So subsequently I was 2 hours late for work which I can't let happen again over a wardrobe crisis! To add to it, I have an important presentation tommorow and I should be stressing over delivering that, instaed I have been going through the wardrobe trying to find anything to fit. Mind you it beats the binge eating I would usually have done in this situation. I didn't think I'd have problems like this but it just seems that the weight is coming off in different areas than when it went on. Is anyone else finging this?

I got my first fill yesterday and so now have 3ml in a 7ml band but at this stage I am feeling no different than I did yesterday before the fill. I eat 2 hearty cartons of Soup yesterday and I could have eaten a whole lot more only I restrained myself because I wanted to fell restriction so badly with just the Soup - well it never came so I kept the hunger distrected and at bay by having plenty of cups of tea.

Today I had yougurt for brekkie, soup for lunch and then was anxiously awaiting dinner, where I managed to get in a large stuffed mushroom and a whole salad and still I didn't feel full! I'll eat more solid foods tommorow and see if restriction comes - maybe I might be the same as Brenners and it will kick in a week later!

Hi Girls,

Just a quick post to say hi before I go off to Italy for a week.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I've had a great week this week and I've lost 3lbs in total, so I'm now down 3st 3lbs (45lbs) since the op. :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

I've been reading through the posts and honestly girls don't expect too much from the band in the begining. It takes most of us at least 3 fills to have proper long term restriction. As for the demon drink, I say enjoy it while you can because once you get proper restriction you will find that you have to sip your drinks as opposed to gulping them you will still be able to enjoy a drink just that you will drink a lot slower and become a very cheap date.:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

The food as well, you will spend the first few weeks worring about the amount you can eat, in most cases we feel we are eating too much. But again by your third fill you will be hoping you're eating enough. Its very tough in the begining because it takes a while before our head catches up with our band, and we test the band all the time, I wonder if I can eat this or that or I ate that and it went down ok so maybe the band doesn't work. Will we ever learn, well the answer is yes, we do learn the band does work but its a learning curve for all of us some people cope easier than others, but we get there in the end. :);):)

Love peace and strength to all.

Coco.

coco have a fab time! you never know you might see me there

(how crazy would that be!)

when u said where you were going I nearly jumped out of my skin, as well as having a heart attack inside too...

Anyways have a safe and fun trip x

hey everyone,

how you all doing? drop in and let us know how you are. x

hey everyone,

how you all doing? drop in and let us know how you are. x

Coco - you lucky thing heading off on your holidays, have a ball and enjoy that fact that after that huge weight loss you won't be all sweaty betty like you probably were on your last holiday and the fact that you can now wear nicer clothes!!! I know I'm really looking forward to my holidays in September and I hope to have worked hard enough at the proper eating & exercise to have lost as much as you. Thanks for the inspiration, you are looking fab!!!

So another weekend, and another struggle to keep away from all the nice food that everyone around is consuming! I defiantly am not eating 1 third of what I use to be able to eat, but I am still able to get as much food in as my slim boyf and I am not feeling any restriction at all. I am using amazing self control and keeping my motivation up by trying on clothes that haven't fit in a year!

The best thing over the weekend was that I was able to buy a pair of jeans in a normal shop - M&S. It felt so good to come out of the changing room with a smile on my face and go straight to the cash desk with something on the first try on!! Size 22 but hey I'm getting there! I know most of you who struggle to get nice, fashionable clothes know exactly what I mean. I have been living in the jeans all weekend since the purchase and keep going back to the wardrobe to find more things that will go with the new purchase!! The boyf thinks I'm a sex god too as he's never seen me in a proper pair of jeans!!

skinnyirishbabe - to answer your question I have a 7ml band from Dr. Manuceau in ACS

Hi all,

I was about to post a new thread on introductions and saw this one from Ireland so said I'd post here. I hope ye dont mind if i join?

Ive read through all the posts, congrats to te lot of yis. I've been thinking about getting the lap band for about 3months now and think that I have made my mind up that I want to have it done. Ive tryed many diets in the past, wasted a lot of money too. I did manage to lose nearly 2stone last year myself but then went on holidays and started gaining again and then quit! I am only 21, I am sahm and feel like I am wasting my life away. My partner says that he will support me but I get the feeling he is worried about me having surgery etc. And what if i have it done pay 10k and it doesnt work for me? I dont have any medical problems yet (that i know of). I have had gallstones in the past and had my gallbladder removed at 20! I just feel so depressed about my weight right now, I know its my own fault for getting this big, i have no barrier when it comes to food. And since I left college, had my daughter my weight has just crept up on me. Plus im at home all day and just nibble. Im not bad during the day, its just the evening and nighttime. I dont want my daughter to grow up like me, i dont want to be the fat mummy leaving/collecting her at school. Its so good that i can write all this here, my parter is not heavey at all. he is like 10stone and sometimes I think he doesnt actually get what im going through/feeling. I gushed my heart out to him several months ago and he said he would help, we'd change etc but nothing has happened. He's out there getting on with his life, he has a great job which he loves. I know he loves me and our daughter. He is the same age as me. We own our own home,both have nice cars etc. But deep down I am not happy, is it wrong that I want to do this? I can just feel myself dropping more and more into a state of depression.

Sorry about the long post and rant if you like!! Hope to talk to some of ye soon.

Lipgloss :cheer2:

Hello Irish bandsters...

I may have posted on here a while back, seeing Irish, I would want to chime in, although I am not living in Ireland! I am all Irish nationallity, my family migrated to US in 1920's. Hope to visit there in 2 years, THIN!

I was banded June 7. coco thanks for the great advice of the stages. I am not near the same place as most of you, just on mushies, almost 2 wks out. It is hard to fit it in. Enjoy Italy, sounds great.

allure jeans, I know so much of what you are feeling. working and finding nice professional clothes that don't look like a curtain, is a success!!

lipgloss My dh is thin and can eat what ever he wants. He was a bit shy of support in the beginning, saying he loves me the way I am, but now that the surgery is over, he is very supportive, Hang in there!!

Well, great to pop in, hope you don't mind me hearing more about your experiences...

hi lipgloss!

i hate when people say they understand cos they usually dont! but here its different . people usually do understand. Hang in there.

now me on this hand totally understands! I've a daughter whos 15 months! my partner Adam is not as suportive as i would like but i think in his own mind he thinks he's doing all he can! I too like most people here have tried and tried and tried with diiets! this to me was the only step i felt was left to get my life back again. I'm also 23 not much older than you and i want my daughter to be proud of he mummy and if i dont loose some weight she's be very ashamed of her if i keep going as i am now i'll weight 20stone by the time she's 10!!!

i keep thinking to myself that Adam not as suportive as i'd like im to be cos maybe he's afraid of loosing me if i do became thin. (and if he doesn't start supporting me that will happen!!)

are you in dublin? have you had an app with the consultant? we have a good group of ladies here and they've help me so much i've sure you'l get all the advice you need.

oh also I tried PM (private message)you but theres not details

talk soon

ja9va, how are you getting on with your band? I get the same from himself that im fine the way im am but like eh hello..im not im soo overweight!! Keep in touch.

Allure, i know what you mean about clothes god ive had some times trying to find nice clothes. I got a lovely pair a jeans last weekend and i bought 2pairs in different colours. I will love it when im able to shop in penneys!!

&Dini, tanx so much for the reply, im ringing this afternoon to book my consultation. Thats it. done. I havent told himself, will tell him dis evening when home from work nd that i cant cancel it. Its great to hear from someone around the same age.My little girl is 2 and a half. will be 3 at christmas. I havent actually weighed myself in a long time, but the last time i was like 19stone. I always wear sorta baggy clothes that hide my weight very well. I must buy a decent weighing scales. Id say that is what is up with ur fella afraid that u'll turn into a supermodel and leave him!! I reckon thats what himself thinks aswell or that other guys will start looking at me..but in the end it you not im with not them..ah men!!

Can you explain what the pm thing is? do i have to activate it or something? I only joined the site to day so am still working on how to use it. I clicked ur name to see could i send you a message but nothing came up, but if i click another users name the following comes up send email/pm/view public profile etc. Sorry if Ive totally confused u now. Oh and Im in Co.Westmeath. My partner used to live in dublin. Talk to u soon. And i just realised ur getting banded next week, u must be really excited now.

Lipgloss :cheer2:

i am totally excited. jesus i can't wait. i want to scream it from the roof tops but no-one know except Adam and my mother i wish i hadn't told her. i'm not ashamed of getting the band but i dont want people always watching what i'm eating and if i dont loose as much as i want i dont want people saying it didn't work ect................

best of luck with ringing them for your consultation! your little girl is at a lovely age. cos she can understand and talk to you.

let us know how you get on ringing them. i also sent you a PM did you get it?

<p>haha lol i know how u feel. Im not going to tell anyone at all for the exact same reasons you mentioned. I got ur pm, and sent one back to u. I dont know why it wasnt working earlier. talk soon.</p>

lipgloss, thanks for asking. My dh has been supportive now that the surgery is over, however will ask if what I am eating is to much, etc?

I am not sure I am eating correctly. I ate to much brocolli and cheese Soup, pureed more, tonight, I can feel it from an hour ago. I age 8 - 10 oz but over a 60min period. Is that to much? My nurse sent me an email and mainly said to target 1000 calories a day and 60 grams of protien. this is hard to consume. I am on mushies and can have a lot of different foods, but 1/2 c of food at a time won't get me the above. Any help from you all who are more experienced, let me know!

I drank wine this past weekend after one week out, it tasted good, but drank it slow!!

Hi ja9va, i had a long chat with himself last night. He is just scared that something will go wrong and i'l end up worse than when i started. I have my consultation next friday, im really excited. He would come with me but has to work, im usually laid back about stuff and he's also worried that i wont ask them everything about the procedure etc. I told him id make a list and not to worry about me, ive had major surgery 3times!!

Im sorry I am not able to help you out with your food problem! Can anyone tell me how long you usually have to wait for the op after the consultation a week? month? 2/3months?

lipgloss :cheer2: