Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vet pals, I need new snack ideas!

I am very big on Harvarti cheese. I am sure it's pretty fattening, but I have at least one slice a day , and my other go to snack is 100 calorie packs of cocoa dusted almonds. I love those.

I love havarti too! I found a light one at a market near me, so I've stuck to that.

As for other Snacks, I've been looking for ideas too, but I'm big on cheese lol. So when it's not havarti, it's a light babybel.

If you are not counting fat as much, 6 salted macadamias is a very satisfying snack.

Beef Jerky is good. Or turkey Jerky.

Baby bels or string cheese or laughing cow wedges. I like the laughing cow with carrot sticks or bell pepper slices or celery but some people say celery is a bad idea post-op.

lunch meat and cheese roll-ups.

You can make Protein balls. Eggface has recipes on her blog.

Those snack packs of applesauce and the individual packs of Peanut Butter.

Snack packs of cottage cheese.

A short skinny latte from starbucks. If you like milk, then a carton of skim milk.

I have actually cut out my morning snack because I was just eating it to eat it, not because I was hungry.

I find sometimes a snack like a baby bel satisfies more than, say, almonds or a Protein Shake. The fat from the cheese triggers satiety in the brain. I am not supposed to be eating cheese on my paleo diet, but I do appreciate actually turning off the need or desire to keep eating after already eating a Protein or low carb snack by eating just one baby bel. Quite strange.

Edited by Fiddleman

Hummus. Love the supremely spicy.

Part of a Quest bar.

Dill pickles. Plain or with a piece of lunch meat wrapped around it.

Turkey pepperoni "chips"

Mound a small handful of shredded cheese and bake at 350 until melted and brown. Renders some fat and tastes amazing.

Those are my favorites...

I love cheese chips. Microwave a slice of cheese until it's lacy and crisp. You got most of the fat off and a yummy satisfyingly crunchy treat that sticks with you.

I am very big on Harvarti cheese. I am sure it's pretty fattening, but I have at least one slice a day , and my other go to snack is 100 calorie packs of cocoa dusted almonds. I love those.

Okay, I've seen others mention this too. WHAT kind of cheese is this? Oh yes the almonds! I HAVE to buy in 100 cal pouches and refrain myself!!!!

I find sometimes a snack like a baby bel satisfies more than, say, almonds or a Protein Shake. The fat from the cheese triggers satiety in the brain. I am not supposed to be eating cheese on my paleo diet, but I do appreciate actually turning off the need or desire to keep eating after already eating a Protein or low carb snack by eating just one baby bel. Quite strange.

I TOTALLY agree with this. I've found in last few weeks that's mini babybel will stem hunger better than other things for me too

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches