Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My rant update (dh)

Misty good for you. Sort of in the same situation you are in but no special needs kids. My only issue w my kid have 3 only 1 severe asthmatic 1 severe ear problems. Nothing like what you go through thought. If you need a friend a ear etc look me up. My husband and I are aplit up after being together 22 years and married 18.5. Been w him longer than I have been without him. But he is also unwilling to work after getting laid off from his job 2 years ago, and when he does do odds and in things to make money spends it on things for himself. Good luck to you. Wish you the best. You deserve much more and if mamas happy the kids will for the most part be happy also.:)

I have two children and while they don't have special needs I too left my husband almost 3 years ago. I just couldn't have them living in a home where everyone walked on eggshells all the time. The blatant disrespect just got out of control. Our situations are different but oh so alike. I am so proud of you for making this incredibly hard decision. And while it will be far from easy your girls will grow up in a home with a mother they can look up to and respect. Hang in there, you're doing the right thing.

Thank you so much for understanding. I love my kids and I just cant allow them to grow up in a home where there is no respect, love, or fidelity thinking that this is the normal. I want my kids to know the REAL meaning of loving someone and with that comes respect, and fidelity. I dont want them to think that it is just "ok" for a man to cheat, lie, and treat them like crap.

There was no way I was going to accept any SOB treating my girls the way he was treating me. And if it wasnt ok for someone to treat them like that.... why was it ok for him to treat ME like that?! THAT was my ah hah moment!

Your story broke my heart. Prayers that it gets better for you and your angels. Glad you know you must do what best for you and your children with or without him.

Misty - you are so sweet! I was just letting you know that you aren't alone! Thank you for being so caring with my daughter - I will post a picture of her so you will know who I'm talking about :) At her last cardiologist appt her doctor found a significant leak in her valve. She had bicuspid aortic valve w/mod to severe regurgitation. I am just waiting for the surgeon to review her file with my cardiologist- they might wait 3 months and see how she is. I'm just not sure - but it is getting close and every time she goes to the cardiologist everything gets sent to the surgeon for him to review and see if she's ready - the waiting is the worst! I am on your side! And wish the best for you & your children

I am so glad you are on it and making sure things are getting done! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!! What a lucky lady you are to have such a pretty girl. I totally get everything having to go to the surgeon. Bella was born with an atriel septic defect. And everytime the drs would run tests, it went to the cardio, then to the surgeon. She was scheduled 3 times for open heart surgery to close the "hole in her heart" but I kept putting it off because I seen several reports that said that this could potentially close on its own. The drs kept telling me that it wasnt going to close due to the size of the hole.... but sure enough it did! She went thru so much at such a young age! I just couldnt see doing another surgery if it could at all be avoided.... and we dodged it. LOL .... She is doing great now... But that can all change in the blink of an eye with her..

But for sure keep me posted on how she is and whats going on! Im always here to chat. and it IS nice to have another person to talk to thats been thru the special needs our delicate babes need. :)

I just want to thank everyone for their continued support.

Friday was a VERY hard day. I was more relieved than anything! The kids are adjusting just fine and even seem to be happy with the separation. I have talked to the littlest one and she is the only one that didnt really understand what was going on. But in the end, she asked once when daddy was coming home. Once I explained that he wasnt going to be coming back, she appeared fine. She was the one that I was worried was going to have a hard time adjusting.... but seems fine.

I really appreciate knowing that I can come here and there are tons of people here that will let me just unload. Thank you all for being the amazing people that you are!

I came to see how you were doing. Thanks for the update! I'm happy to hear things are going smoothly. I know it can't be easy but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. You and your family are in my thoughts. Sending positive vibes your way!

Good for you Misty for wanting a better life for you and your children!! I left my first husband with 2 healthy babies (3 & 1). Nobody deserves to be walked on. I now have a wonderful husband of 13+ years. We have 1 bio child together and we are foster parents to 3 beautiful boys that have challenges including FASD. He treats me like a queen, everyone deserves that! I wish you a wonderful new life!

Brave and strong! What a great role model you are!

They are beautiful and those smiles on their faces say a lot!!! Good luck to you as you go through this life change. Divorce is hard but it does get better and gradually a new normal will develop. The sense of relief and being able to be myself again was awesome. You are taking great steps and I'm sure your children will always be thankful for you being such a wonderful mom!!

Hi Misty. Just wanted to say hello and see how you and your kids are doing. I hope all is going well. Thinking positive thoughts for you.

Hi Misty. Just wanted to say hello and see how you and your kids are doing. I hope all is going well. Thinking positive thoughts for you.

Ty for asking! The kiddos are adjusting really smoothly and seem happier. I for sure am a much calmer and much happier person as well. It's amazing how much nicer it is without all the tension, arguing, and being belittled. I just wish I had done it sooner!!

As for me, I'm facing a bump in the road on my weight loss journey. I'm still waiting for surgery, and ended up in ICU with a copd exacerbation. Just another thing that will be gone after surgery. I'm so glad this part of my life will soon be a thing of the past. I'm thrilled that these medical problems will soon be done!

How are u doing?

Misty - hope you feel better! Gosh you've had a time - glad your children are adjusting - glad you are keeping us updated:)

Hi Misty! Doing good. Halfway to my goal weight, but I know second half will take longer. Glad to hear the kids are doing well. Sorry to hear about the setback, but keep your head up and you will be there soon enough.

Hi Misty! Doing good. Halfway to my goal weight, but I know second half will take longer. Glad to hear the kids are doing well. Sorry to hear about the setback, but keep your head up and you will be there soon enough.

I took sometime and got myself back on track. I had all but given up on anything when I got sick this time. But now my head is back on track! My spirits are high and I'm doing really well. Ty for taking the time to check on me.

Congrats on being half way to goal! So glad u are doing so well. :) It's very insipirational to hear someone doing so well. :) Stay in touch! Hey by the way... We are both bicentennial babies! :)

So you were born in 76 as well. The nice thing about this site is talking to people in the same age range. Most of the people at my surgeons support groups are quite a bit older.

Sorry I've been offline for a bit. Work has been crazy (three people left) and my son had to have minor surgery (ear tubes). How are you doing? I hope you're doing well and moving along the path. Let me know how you're doing. :)