Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op January 2014 Losers Club!

It's hard not to get on the scale. I have cut it down to once a week. As a slow loser I'm sure it would be so much better not to weigh for maybe every 2 or 3 weeks but even in weight watchers you weigh once a week. I don't have a scale I weigh at my friends so I am definitely not too obsessive about it. It's just when I finally do go on and see no change or very little change after hard work it is confusing. I know you lose the most in the first couple weeks so if that is the case I'm surely in trouble. On the flip side I can't do anything about it now. I just have to keep my head up and keep pressing on but I thank God I have a place to vent about it. A place were I may find others who can relate. I'm also wondering if there is anyone out there who has only lost 13 lbs 6 weeks out. Maybe I want to find others so I can assure myself I'm not all alone. That it's not so abnormal. It helps to vent but then I go back to the gym and I pick myself up by the boot straps and press on . . . Until I weight again the following week.

I have lost 36 lbs in 8 weeks. There are weeks that go by that I don't seem to lose a pound. I have lost 5 lbs in the past 3 weeks. But I don't worry about it to much now that I have some objectivity. I went to Walmart to try on clothes for the heck of it. I was able to fit into size 3X (22/24) JMS stretchy capris. I haven't fit into 22/24 clothes since before my first child was born almost 15 years ago. So even though the amount on my scale hasn't gone down much in the past month, my non-scale victories (NSVs) continue to increase. I can cross my legs, my bras that I bought back in September are way to big on me, and I can fit into clothing ranging from 22/24 stretchy to 26/28 comfortable. So even if the scale isn't budging use a tape measure to see how many inches have been shaved off once a month. Or Celebrate the small yet consequential NSVs that come along. Focus on the positive changes and it makes it all more worth while.

Surgery was january15 2014 I am right at seven weeks out and down 41 pounds and in a stall but I hear it every where it's my body catching up with all the weight I have lost. Any advise would be greatly helpful :)

I am on week 8 and have not lost any weight in the last week or two. what is going on? I go to the doctor tomorrow so maybe I will find out what is going on.

Vicki you have stalled almost everyone I know does. I have also stalled I heard our bodies have to catch up on the loss but be assured you will start losing again don't weight but once a week I know it's hard but it is a much better behavior to enlist you will be dropping again very soon :)

I am also joining gym Monday if nothing else to be able to go walk on treadmill three times a week and at 8 weeks out I have dropped 41 pounds so I know my body is trying to catch up :)

went to the doctor today and since I have been throwing up so much, I will be having an endoscopy. . didn't even bring up the fact that I haven't lost anything for a week or two. but with all the throwing up, you would think I would be losing weight. well she thinks I may have a stricture. so I go Tuesday for the endoscopy. I pretty much cannot keep anything down except Water. other than that I am doing great post operatively.

Are you diabetic Vicki ? And it could very we'll be that I have had a couple of friends have it done you will be great once it's done :)

Are you diabetic Vicki ? And it could very we'll be that I have had a couple of friends have it done you will be great once it's done :)

no, I am not diabetic,. I know its a simple procedure but I am nervous.

Don't be nervous Vicki, I had 2 in 2 weeks, you feel better than when u went in. Plus the medicine will make you sleep and rest after.

We must all be in the same boat, no pounds lost in 2 wks!! 8 wks out and the same weight is 6 wks out - still 34 down. I have lost some inches, but I'd love to see that scale move! Super frustrating since it's the last 2 wks I've been at the gym. Ugh. Stay positive ladies, we are bound to cross this plateau soon enough.

I'm right there with y'all & feel like I'm going to lose my mind. I feel like a failure again. I want to get in bed & pull the covers over me & disappear.

Hello all I haven't been on in a while I got a new phone & forgot my log in info..Lol well I had my one month checkup on last week.. Dr was pleased, dietician was pleased, endocrinologist was really pleased...things are going great I had bypass,hernia & gall bladder removal on jan 28th.. I've lost 79lbs total as of March 9th, Dr also took me off my cholesterol meds, & told me to stop taking my diabetes meds at my one month checkup. Im down from a 52 Jean size to 42 from a 6xl to 3xl shirt. Great progress for 30 days. Im ready to start exercising I'd really like to get to 250lbs I started out at 446lbs. Hope everyone is doing great with their post op, im really doing great eating small theres really nothing I haven't tried to eat except steak, although im really burnt out on Crystal light lol.

Hi all!

Surgery date was Jan 23 just had dr visit. I'm down 66 pounds since surgery! I feel ok but 3 weeks ago I had emergency surgery to remove my Appendix. Now I'm dealing with infection from that and pain! Can't wait to be pain free! I'm happy about weight just want to be able to be more active! Congrats to all on here! It's a great journey we have all started! 10 days till I can start trying solid food! I am excited. I have had no problems eating or drinking other than not feeling like eating when I had appendix removed.

Have a great weekend!

JP

Does anyone know what we can take for a cold? I was gonna call my doctor today but got side tracked and never got to call him.I know we have to avoid stuff that contains aspirin and sugar.

Does anyone know what we can take for a cold? I was gonna call my doctor today but got side tracked and never got to call him.I know we have to avoid stuff that contains aspirin and sugar.

sugar free children's cough&cold@walgreens