Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op January 2014 Losers Club!

How much longer before you get your gtube out! I get mine out on Tuesday. I was suppose to get it out last week but my Dr wanted to make sure I was getting all my Protein in without using it. He said he didn't want to take it out and I end up in the hospital.

I hope you feel better.

I have to keep my g tube at least until march 13. I do my blood work a week before and hopefully I can have it removed on March 13. My doc will determine whether or not I can get it out by my blood work. I'm so ready to have it out. Yesterday I had to get it restitched in place because the stitch came out and now it really hurts. My stomach hurts too. I thought I was done with my pain meds weeks ago but I have had to take them again for the last 2 days. I am calling the doc tomorrow.

I have to keep my g tube at least until march 13. I do my blood work a week before and hopefully I can have it removed on March 13. My doc will determine whether or not I can get it out by my blood work. I'm so ready to have it out. Yesterday I had to get it restitched in place because the stitch came out and now it really hurts. My stomach hurts too. I thought I was done with my pain meds weeks ago but I have had to take them again for the last 2 days. I am calling the doc tomorrow.

I'm sorry to hear you are having pain. Good luck with the Dr today. I hope the next 2 weeks go by fast for you.

. I got mine stuck on a kitchen drawer and it pulled a little over an inch and hurt like crazy. I feel for you. Is your skin sensitive where the bandage is? My stomach has broken out in a rash close to the bandage. I changed the bandage last night after my shower and my skin was burning under it. The only thing that gave it relief was blowing on it.

I had my surgery on the 27th of January. I have lost 33 pounds. No major complications but I feel very lonely. I feel like no one understand. Also I am finding it hard to find stuff to do instead of going out to eat.

I had my surgery on the 27th of January. I have lost 33 pounds. No major complications but I feel very lonely. I feel like no one understand. Also I am finding it hard to find stuff to do instead of going out to eat.

Congrats on the weight loss!

I need to find a new hobby to keep me busy too.

Congrats on the weight loss!

I need to find a new hobby to keep me busy too.

Working out is my new hobby. It helps me get my Water in! I drink 24 oz while there! And I'm cleared to do weights as well as run!

Sorry you feel lonely. It really is a life style change. I had surgery 1-28-14. I've lost 7.5 lbs total in 4 weeks. I thought it was 9. Not only do I feel like a bore as I don't eat or drink anymore. I don't even lose. I'm like a broken record here about this but I'm just so bummed! Oh well.

Edited by Meintraining

Hi everyone! I had the sleeve 1/10 and want to join this thread. My surgery went well except I had 2 sutures that were pulling very tight so I could hardly move for the first 4 wks. The sutures finally popped and since then I feel much better! I'm 6 wks and 3 days today. I got clearance to go back to the gym so I signed up today and took a class. I hit my first stall the past 2 wks. I keep fluctuating between 2-4 pounds. Very frustrating! I'm excited for this journey and glad I found this app! I can't wait to buy smaller clothes. As if today I'm down 20 pounds. How is everyone doing that had surgery early Jan?

Hi everyone! I had the sleeve 1/10 and want to join this thread. My surgery went well except I had 2 sutures that were pulling very tight so I could hardly move for the first 4 wks. The sutures finally popped and since then I feel much better! I'm 6 wks and 3 days today. I got clearance to go back to the gym so I signed up today and took a class. I hit my first stall the past 2 wks. I keep fluctuating between 2-4 pounds. Very frustrating! I'm excited for this journey and glad I found this app! I can't wait to buy smaller clothes. As if today I'm down 20 pounds. How is everyone doing that had surgery early Jan?

Welcome...I had surgery 1-13 and I am doing good. I have been eating soft soids and so far everything I have eaten has gone well. I am losing weight slower than I thought I would... but then again I know it won't come off in just a matter of weeks :). So much snow over the past few weeks that I don't go out walking and I hate the cold weather. But for excercise I have a Tony Little Gazelle edge that I do as often as I can, which is about three times a week for half an hour :).

Okay, I feel like all I'm doing is complaining, but.... I am having a terrible time with everything! At 5 weeks out, everything i eat and drink, like Protein, goes through me in 3 hours, then I have diarrhea for about 3 more hours. I've tried making my protein with Water, stayed away from lactose, tried not even using Protein Drinks. I've eaten eggs, Soup, mashed potatoes, string cheese, chicken. It all goes down great, then it keeps going. I've limited my amounts to 2oz, then 1.5, now today tried 1oz, out it came. After that, I just drink water. I'm down 35 lbs from surgery, but I think it's because I can't eat! Anyone else going through this?

I wish I could help KCamp but I have no idea what would work....I have not experienced anything like that.

Kcamp,

Have you contacted your nutritionist, or surgery nurse support?

I have the exact opposite, I eat the same things you listed, take colase 2-3 times a day and I have difficulty going. I get constipated, cramps and have to wait up to 2-3 days till I'm able to go. My surgeon's PA suggested the colase, but it hasn't helped yet. I have an appt next Tuesday.

Hope you find something that helps.

So sorry your having trouble. I don't have those symptoms but I would call the doc. Just to be sure all is ok.

Kcamp - Im sorry. I hope they find out what's going on. It sounds like you are having a awful time.

Hey Vicki, how did it go with your Dr when you called?

They removed my gtube tube yesterday. I'm glad it's gone but it was an experience having it removed. I suggest you take a pain pill before they remove it. I didn't, like a dummy, but I was driving myself. It was better after a few minutes, but it was intense when they did it. Kinda of a weird burning sensation. The hole has already started trying to close. I don't think it will take long before it heals.

I hope your stomach is feeling better. : )

Okay, I feel like all I'm doing is complaining, but.... I am having a terrible time with everything! At 5 weeks out, everything i eat and drink, like Protein, goes through me in 3 hours, then I have diarrhea for about 3 more hours. I've tried making my Protein with Water, stayed away from lactose, tried not even using protein drinks. I've eaten eggs, Soup, mashed potatoes, string cheese, chicken. It all goes down great, then it keeps going. I've limited my amounts to 2oz, then 1.5, now today tried 1oz, out it came. After that, I just drink Water. I'm down 35 lbs from surgery, but I think it's because I can't eat! Anyone else going through this?

KCamp, I am somewhere in the middle. I have days where my food and liquids seem to go straight through and then days of nothing moving. I don't know what's normal. But I can tell you that the Constipation seems to feel worse than free flowing as I had a real painful experience about 3 weeks ago. But I understand your concern about it. Don't hesitate to call your surgeon's office and ask them.

As of last Friday, I was down 30lbs since surgery (1-13-14)

Sunday, I enjoyed my first real "meal" (though very small) of tender roast beef, carrots and mashed potatoes, and was so relieved to have handled it well. Monday I went back to work...so far, so good.