Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op January 2014 Losers Club!

I am 14 days post op. I go on my treadmill 3X a day for 15 min.

I wish I felt that good. I'm only a week out but I have no energy. I'm struggling to get in the Protein I need and I just feel washed out. I still have that painful feeling when I eat or drink. Help. Please will this too pass? I hope so I hate feeling this way. Any help or comments would be great. Thanks

I just placed an order for a nectar sample pack. I am hoping it lives up to its hype. I have been using the Walmart version of crystal light but it would be awesome to have the great Water flavoring with the added bonus of Protein. It would be easier to drink my Protein in my Water when I am on the go then have to worry about packing a snack when running errands or when I got back to school next term. But good news is that I fit into 26/28 sweats. I haven't been able to do that in years. When I started my journey to a better me I was fitting into 38/40. Woot! And I can cross my legs (somewhat).

I just placed an order for a nectar sample pack. I am hoping it lives up to its hype. I have been using the Walmart version of crystal light but it would be awesome to have the great Water flavoring with the added bonus of Protein. It would be easier to drink my Protein in my Water when I am on the go then have to worry about packing a snack when running errands or when I got back to school next term. But good news is that I fit into 26/28 sweats. I haven't been able to do that in years. When I started my journey to a better me I was fitting into 38/40. Woot! And I can cross my legs (somewhat).

What's the website

I wish I felt that good. I'm only a week out but I have no energy. I'm struggling to get in the Protein I need and I just feel washed out. I still have that painful feeling when I eat or drink. Help. Please will this too pass? I hope so I hate feeling this way. Any help or comments would be great. Thanks

I am sorry to hear you are struggling. I am 5wks post op and definitely have days of exhaustion...for some reason I had an abundance of energy the first two weeks.

Early out it's extremely difficult to meet Protein requirements. My surgical team stressed the importance of just staying hydrated the first couple weeks which I did. The Vitamins started at two weeks out and I am just now finding a way to achieve my protein goals (most days). I usually start my day with a 12oz glass of 1% milk with whey protein isolate added (chocolate and tasty!) ...3 scoops gives 60g of protein not including the milk and sometimes I only add 2 scoops. That helps me knock it out early then any added protein from greek yogurt or other foods is just a bonus.

I bought a couple Isopure flavored Water which has 40g of protein per 20oz bottle but the flavor is ...difficult. Only tried one so far but will give the other flavors I have a chance.

As for feeling pain while eating or drinking, I have that sometimes but rarely with fluids. Ice Water is the only thing I actually crave right now.

Everyone is different so I urge you to just be patient with your healing body. Follow your surgeon's recommendations and if problems persist, mention it during your followup.

I hope it lives up to the hype, too. I have never been a huge fan of peach flavor but my tastes have changed so...hopefully my 2lb tub of it doesnt go to waste. There were alot of flavors but the fuzzy navel was the most popular.

Way to go on the 26/28 sweats and crossing your legs!! I am noticing my clothes fitting better. My favorite pair of jeans (size 30) fall off even with a belt.

I go back to work Monday and I wonder if my co-workers will notice my weight loss. The last time I weighed in was a week ago and was down 24lbs since surgery. The change in my energy and interest in doing things has been a true miracle!

Keep up the good work!

What's the website

BariatricPantry.com

I'm four weeks out, and I remember not being able to do anything the first couple weeks! I would for myself to walk around when I got up to go to the bathroom. Then I'd get really dizzy. My doctor said to give it time, and it did get better. He also told me not to worry so much about the protein, but to stay hydrated! It will get better. Some days I am exhausted by 3:00. It gets better with time. Good luck to you!

It definitely gets better. I had a rough time until the 4th week. I just started feeling better last Tuesday. I had trouble with dizzy spells and so tired all the time.

I'll be 5 weeks Friday. I went back to work today and oh my gosh it was a rough day! I hope tomorrow is better.

Hang in there!

Hi all,

I had my surgery on Dec 30, 2013, so I consider myself a January post op patient. I had no complications, and because I am a Registered Nurse, I know the importance of getting out of the bed and moving postoperatively. I started walking about 6 hours post op. I was so afraid of developing a blood clot that I willed myself to get out of bed as soon as my drugs wore off. I had no pain whatsoever. Just a mild soreness when I would bend. The only complication that I experienced was that the anesthesia was so good that it took hours for my bladder to awaken. I could not urinate on my own for hours. I finally was able to go before discharge 23 hours after my surgery. I have lost 37 lbs and am in my 7th week. I get on the threadmill quite frequently. We had snow here last week, so I didn't go to the gym at all last week. I've started over and will try and get there at least 3-4 days a week. I despise exercise, but I am willing to learn to love it! I feel as if I'm not losing enough. I would love to hear your thoughts on this matter.

Ladonna -- I'm a 12/31 -- so I also consider myself a Jan post op too. I got up right away and went back to teaching college two weeks later -- but I haven't begun to really exercise. I blame this winter (constant snow) but really it's more that bad habits die hard. I've lost 61 pounds from 12/17 to now -- 36 since surgery -- so we seem to be similar. I wish it were faster!!! I've been at a stall this week -- 5 days with nada. I have yet to eat more than 650 calories and meet my Protein goals. I'm thinking I need to get moving!!

Ladonna, I was up and about after the anesthesia wore off and I was able to stay wake for more than a few minutes. I haven't been able to get to a gym or even walk like I want to but I have been getting in exercise whenever I can. I usually get up and dance with my kids or even dance while doing dishes. I am at home right now but in April I go back to school to finish my last few terms before I get my degree. Even then the plan is to walk and walk and walk. I know that as a nurse you are on your feet pretty much the whole shift. So I would suggest that when you do get a change to sit down, such as charting, that you do some chair exercises to keep from locking up as well as give you an extra boot of energy. You can find a bunch of them online. It isn't more for burning the fat off but to tone as you go along. Once this blasted snow melts around me, I plan on taking my daily 5K walk and expanding it. Hopefully by the end of summer, I can run part of it. But right now I am happy with my weight loss. So far since my surgery on Jan 9th, I have lost 30 lbs. I am on a plateau but only because every woman's monthly enemy is visiting. But that will not discourage me. I am still dancing and once I get some things taken care of, getting my daily dose of Zumba.

I'm 21 days out of surgery and I'm pretty happy with my progress. I'm walking over a mile a day on the treadmill, don't have any problems with staying hydrated or getting all Protein. I was back to work 10 days after surgery.

My wife and daughter had the gastric sleeve and both said that I'm progressing a lot faster than either of them, so that makes me happy. Not trying to brag or anything but I'm so happy with the progress that I wanted to tell some folks.

Hi all. I have been doing great up to this point. I am four weeks out. The last two days I have been unable to have a bm. Well today, all I had was my Protein Shake at Breakfast, and Water, then right before lunch I got sooo sick I couldn't go, then finally started to, then I started to vomit foam. This all went on for over an hour! It was miserable! Has this happened to anyone else? Was it just the Constipation? Can I take stool softeners this early out? I don't want to go through that again!!

Hi all. I have been doing great up to this point. I am four weeks out. The last two days I have been unable to have a bm. Well today, all I had was my Protein Shake at breakfast, and Water, then right before lunch I got sooo sick I couldn't go, then finally started to, then I started to vomit foam. This all went on for over an hour! It was miserable! Has this happened to anyone else? Was it just the Constipation? Can I take stool softeners this early out? I don't want to go through that again!!

Miralax and such is safe to use because it doesn't have any stimulants in it to cause issues. My surgeon said that in the beginning there may be days between BM. A bit TMI but even 7 weeks out I go maybe once every three or four days. Because our amount of food has significantly smaller than what it used to be our body has to adjust.

Hello All, just joining in on the group and hit the 3 week mark today. Glad to see all the posts and know that others are going through the same thing.