Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone else has this problem?

Ok I had my sleeve surgery January 18 2013. It's almost 1 year from surgery.

I weighed 280 went down 219 lost 70 pounds

Well I struggled with eating a lot. compare to others in a matter of 3 months after surgery.

I struggle with depression for years I take meds for it.

However I gained 35 pounds and I'm not even a year in. I crave and want food like crazy. I'm worse than before my psy and dr say try eat healthy. But I can't. I don't know what's wrong with me.

i have no job. Struggling to find one for years. I eat junk all day and sit around all day.

I can't seem to be motivated and just eat right. It's like I don't care.

I know I'm depressed and need to fix that. But what I want to know. I'm almost a year in surgery dose anyone face this problem that they can eat and eat and have no problem? It seems that I can't never be full. I can eat like before. Which is weird and gained 35 pounds and more. Help please. Give me advice positive advice. Thank you and god bless everyone on their journey.

Can I eat and eat and have no problem? Yes and no. If I eat junk, I could eat a lot, stop for a little while, and eat a lot again. I could do this over and over all day long without a problem. Slider foods, chips, crackers, ice cream, Cookies, candy, cake, most junk foods are slider foods meaning they slide right through you and won't fill you up.

Now, if I stick to eating dense Protein first and then veggies I fill right up, even at 2.5 years out. If I eat like this, I can't eat all day, there isn't enough room in my sleeve and it stays full longer.

I am sure you have read this many times, your sleeve is a tool. We didn't have surgery on our brain, only our stomach.

You already know what your problems are because you said them in your post. You are depressed and using food to cover your emotions. You eat junk all day and sit around all day. You can't seem to be motivated to eat right and you don't care. I am sorry you are struggling with depression, it's not a good place to be.

My suggestion to you is to get help, go to a new counselor, maybe try a different medicine. Many of us here suffer from food addiction and depression.

I would also start with getting rid of the junk food in your house and replacing it with foods that are good for you. Protein, and lots of it. Veggies and fruit. It will be hard at first but after a week or so your cravings for the bad stuff start to go away. Also try to go for a walk every day. Just getting up and moving will help a little with the depression.

The good news is, you will always have your sleeve and you can make it work for you, but you have to do the work, both mind and body.

Can I eat and eat and have no problem? Yes and no. If I eat junk, I could eat a lot, stop for a little while, and eat a lot again. I could do this over and over all day long without a problem. Slider foods, chips, crackers, ice cream, Cookies, candy, cake, most junk foods are slider foods meaning they slide right through you and won't fill you up.

Now, if I stick to eating dense Protein first and then veggies I fill right up, even at 2.5 years out. If I eat like this, I can't eat all day, there isn't enough room in my sleeve and it stays full longer.

I am sure you have read this many times, your sleeve is a tool. We didn't have surgery on our brain, only our stomach.

You already know what your problems are because you said them in your post. You are depressed and using food to cover your emotions. You eat junk all day and sit around all day. You can't seem to be motivated to eat right and you don't care. I am sorry you are struggling with depression, it's not a good place to be.

My suggestion to you is to get help, go to a new counselor, maybe try a different medicine. Many of us here suffer from food addiction and depression.

I would also start with getting rid of the junk food in your house and replacing it with foods that are good for you. Protein, and lots of it. Veggies and fruit. It will be hard at first but after a week or so your cravings for the bad stuff start to go away. Also try to go for a walk every day. Just getting up and moving will help a little with the depression.

The good news is, you will always have your sleeve and you can make it work for you, but you have to do the work, both mind and body.

If I eat protein it's the same I can eat a lot. Then get hungry again. It's both sliders food as protein food. It seems to never get full. I have no insurance so I struggle and don't want to keep going changing meds. Because I have no money. An can't afford. That's why it's so hard. Does anyone know anything thing I can go for free insurance or free programs? Thank you for your comment your right I need to get up and walk.

To ag333,

Have you gone to social services and applied for Medicare/Medicaid? If not, please do so or try you local health department which will see you at anytime.

I

Hi Ag333, your struggle is so real and I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time right now. What state do you live in? What are the free health insurance options for you there? I live in NY and if you don't have a job, you can get Medicaid which is pretty good for free insurance. But I know every state is different.

Right now is a good time to start looking for support systems. Joining a group (free) with other people who are struggling with depression. Not feeling alone goes a long way. Staying in your house and eating all day is, as I'm sure you know, totally symptomatic of depression and anxiety. It feels safe there while the outside world begins to seem scary. It is a lie that your emotions are telling you. Increasing the amount that you get out of your house will start to help combat some of the anxiety and a little of the depression.

As for the unemployment. Again, I don't know where you live so I don't know what the job market looks like. Are there temp agencies that can help you as you're looking for employment? Or part time work? Two part time jobs will bring in income, get you out of the house, allow you to engage with new people, challenge your brain which is stimulating, and hopefully help you begin to regulate your eating (since you won't be so focused on the negatives).

Lastly, you HAVE to start exercising. It will get your breathing flowing which is very calming when your anxious. It gets you out of your head space since you're focusing on your body movements. It will stimulate your metabolism and increase your energy levels. And it'll naturally help you regular your eating habits (of course with intentional efforts on your part). To aid in exercise being meaningful, you MUST get rid of the junk food in your house. It's like having tasty poison sitting and waiting for you to fall. Don't leave traps around you, if you can help it. There are tons of resources on this site from people posting what their eating. Lots of great, tasty, stuff. And even if you're overindulging on Protein as well as junk food, at least the Protein offers something for your body. So try choosing the protein.

I pray for breakthrough in your life Ag333. I know it's hard as hell but you can totally get out of this black hole and get your life back!

To ag333,

Have you gone to social services and applied for Medicare/Medicaid? If not, please do so or try you local health department which will see you at anytime.

I

Really. I have to check that out. Thank you for the information. ????

Hi Ag333, your struggle is so real and I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time right now. What state do you live in? What are the free health insurance options for you there? I live in NY and if you don't have a job, you can get Medicaid which is pretty good for free insurance. But I know every state is different.

Right now is a good time to start looking for support systems. Joining a group (free) with other people who are struggling with depression. Not feeling alone goes a long way. Staying in your house and eating all day is, as I'm sure you know, totally symptomatic of depression and anxiety. It feels safe there while the outside world begins to seem scary. It is a lie that your emotions are telling you. Increasing the amount that you get out of your house will start to help combat some of the anxiety and a little of the depression.

As for the unemployment. Again, I don't know where you live so I don't know what the job market looks like. Are there temp agencies that can help you as you're looking for employment? Or part time work? Two part time jobs will bring in income, get you out of the house, allow you to engage with new people, challenge your brain which is stimulating, and hopefully help you begin to regulate your eating (since you won't be so focused on the negatives).

Lastly, you HAVE to start exercising. It will get your breathing flowing which is very calming when your anxious. It gets you out of your head space since you're focusing on your body movements. It will stimulate your metabolism and increase your energy levels. And it'll naturally help you regular your eating habits (of course with intentional efforts on your part). To aid in exercise being meaningful, you MUST get rid of the junk food in your house. It's like having tasty poison sitting and waiting for you to fall. Don't leave traps around you, if you can help it. There are tons of resources on this site from people posting what their eating. Lots of great, tasty, stuff. And even if you're overindulging on Protein as well as junk food, at least the Protein offers something for your body. So try choosing the protein.

I pray for breakthrough in your life Ag333. I know it's hard as hell but you can totally get out of this black hole and get your life back!

Hello, I'm 27 almost and I live in NJ so you know the job market where we live is horrible lol. I graduated college 2010. They don't even help me. I apply anywhere and anything still I get nothing. I don't know maybe it's my résumé I don't know. As of insurance I live with my parents can I still get Medicare I Defiantly have to check that out. And the junk food it's my family who bring it in. I tell them do t do that. They hide it but I go crazy searching for it and find it. That's how crazy I am lol. Getting out the house and exercising everyone tells me that but I can't seem to so that. I haven't seem my friends in almost a year. It's getting worse and worse each day. I just want to eat and sleep all day. But thank you very much for taken the time to reading my story and writing your opinion I really appreciate it. I defiantly will go by your words and go on here and look at the food people eat. Thank you :)

I've found that the junkier the food is, the more of it I can eat. I only learned this over Christmas staying with my in-laws. Now that I am back home, I get full very fast eating vegetables and Protein like I'm supposed to. I keep absolutely no junk in the house because I'm a real addict when I'm around it.

I really think you should see your doctor about getting on medication to deal with Depression. If you're already on medication, definitely look into changing it. It sounds like you are self medicating throughout the day. The right medication will be much more effective. I know this one from experience.

I've found that the junkier the food is, the more of it I can eat. I only learned this over Christmas staying with my in-laws. Now that I am back home, I get full very fast eating vegetables and Protein like I'm supposed to. I keep absolutely no junk in the house because I'm a real addict when I'm around it.

I really think you should see your doctor about getting on medication to deal with Depression. If you're already on medication, definitely look into changing it. It sounds like you are self medicating throughout the day. The right medication will be much more effective. I know this one from experience.

I take Paxil and deproqote. I don't go to the dr bc I don't have insurence.

I take Paxil and deproqote. I don't go to the dr bc I don't have insurence.

Go to your health dept, they can help you. Try and get outside if you can't walk just sit outside for a while. I know how hard depression can be, and ask your family to buy fresh veggies for you to snack on. Start back on your Water every 5 min. Maybe you could volunteer at a hospital, nursing home something just to get out of the house for a while. I wish you the best, Good Luck

Go to your health dept, they can help you. Try and get outside if you can't walk just sit outside for a while. I know how hard depression can be, and ask your family to buy fresh veggies for you to snack on. Start back on your Water every 5 min. Maybe you could volunteer at a hospital, nursing home something just to get out of the house for a while. I wish you the best, Good Luck

I tell them but I still somehow eat the bad food. Yea I need to just get out. Do something ASAP bc I gain 30 pounds it's crazy. And thank you I appreciate your words.

Who did your surgery? Most surgeons have a support group. They can also help you to get on track!

I tell them but I still somehow eat the bad food. Yea I need to just get out. Do something ASAP bc I gain 30 pounds it's crazy. And thank you I appreciate your words.

How are you doing today? I hope you are feeling better. I was thinking about you may call your surgeons office to ask if they have a support group there and join if they do. It will help talking to others going thru things you are. They may know where you can go to get help for your depression. If you need to talk I'm here any time.

Who did your surgery? Most surgeons have a support group. They can also help you to get on track!

Dr shimitt in Hackensack nj. They have a nutrients to go too. But that don't help me.

How are you doing today? I hope you are feeling better. I was thinking about you may call your surgeons office to ask if they have a support group there and join if they do. It will help talking to others going thru things you are. They may know where you can go to get help for your depression. If you need to talk I'm here any time.

I'm the same struggling thank you for asking. They have a nutrients I don't think they have a support group. I'm gonna call and see. Thank you I appreciate you caring. And also being there for me. I'm going to call tommowo and check it out. I will let you know. Take care god bless