Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All,

I am a little over 4 weeks out and feeling a bit discouraged because I have a lot of nausea every morning. I feel sick to my stomach most mornings and don't want to eat. food smells and looks good but I don't want to eat because everything I eat ends up making me nauseas or leaving a bad taste in my mouth the next morning. So I end up eating less and less. I'm just so scared that this is what my life is gonna be now. Nausea and wishing I could eat. It's making me depressed. :(

Did anyone else struggle with this? Is this what I have sentenced myself to now?

Thanks for your input and encouragement!

For the first month or two I felt nauseous in the mornings too. I didn't throw up, but was definitely nauseated. It did go away though, completely after the third month or so.

Edited by laura-ven

I am only 7 days post op so I am not sure but I do think this is very common. I know that a lot of posts that I have read, a lot of people do not feel good in the morning and are not able to eat or even think about food. I hope you feel better soon

I don't know why, but I've felt queasy all day and have been afraid to eat. How on earth can I feel totally full all day? I felt fine yesterday, didn't eat too fast or too much. Trying to eat a small portion of chef salad now, still feel the queasiness. I have the worst time with this at dinner time. I'm about 6 weeks out too. Some days my stomach just has odd times and makes it hard to eat anything.

I had LOTS of nausea the first couple months after surgery. I started wondering if I would ever feel normal again. Now at almost 120 days out, most days I feel good. I still have days here and there where I don't feel like eating, but for the most part the nausea is all gone.

One thing my PA told me...If you have some drainage (from your sinuses) overnight it will be sitting in your little sleevey in the morning. My PA suggested I start those mornings off with something hot to drink (tea, coffee). It will help melt/push through any drainage. It had helped me tremendously. I used to love drinking ice cold Water first thing in the morning...Now I have a nice hot cup of tea :)

Best of luck!

I felt nausea for the first week. It went away after that.