Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

horrible couple of weeks

So the last couple weeks have been bad. I feel off the wagon big time then hit run over by it lol. I don't know why but ice cream and candy and crap were my bff. I feel guilty but I woke up and decided NO more. So I ate a small bowl of oatmeal. The good news while I was being a self indulging cow I kept up with the gym and I didn't gain weight or lose

I take it you are still in the early stages of this weight loss experience???

Don't worry...the first phase after surgery is the absolute hardest...at least it was terrible and frustrating for me...

But as I continued with the Dr. follow ups and adjustments, as well as me adjusting and learning, things did get better and better...

That's one of the things about lap band...it is adjustable and takes time/tweaking...not "Plug N' Play"

Mea culpa, Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa! Okay, you are forgiven. Now, sounds like you have started anew. So happy new you in the New Year. Karen..aka.kll724

you are not alone!!!! I had a horrible couple weeks! the deliciousness staring me in the face was to tough to resist. but i was like you....kept at the exercise and havent gained. but haven't lost, either!! time for both of us to get back on the horse....we can do it!! happy new year!

Don't worry...the first phase after surgery is the absolute hardest...at least it was terrible and frustrating for me...

But as I continued with the Dr. follow ups and adjustments, as well as me adjusting and learning, things did get better and better...

That's one of the things about lap band...it is adjustable and takes time/tweaking...not "Plug N' Play"

Thanks so much for this. I have been in a slump and really struggling with food. I know from reading posts for so long that this period is the hard time -- I go next week for my fourth fill and I'm hoping that will get me there. Really working on listening to my body so I can listen to the band but until there's real restriction I am not hearing much back. Unless I totally screw up, which is not really my mode. My problem is the grazing and going back for more because I deprived myself earlier on -- round and round I go. That said, I managed to lose three pounds in the month of December so I am doing alright. But he's this is the hard part. I have a lot of enthusiasm and energy but bootstraps are needed right now. Pulling myself up, up, up.....and grateful to every one here for the support.

Ah friend...it happens and it's great that your picking yourself back up and dusting yourself off. You stuck with the gym and that's awesome.

I would take a second and ask yourself why candy and ice cream became your bff at this time period. What was going on....?

You don't have to share your revelations just take some time to reflect on them for yourself. I find that when I do this I am able to recognize those feelings/events when they surface again and it helps me to not get hit and run over by the wagon if I happen to fall off :)

Every day is a process of learning something new. So I am always new, there will never be a day when I think I know everything there is to know about my band or myself.

I had surgery on November 19

Hi Lovebug, Nov 5 for me so we are two weeks apart....the Bandster Hell we have heard all about! But we have got this -- timing for New Year is pretty nice. BlueGirly, too! Let's be fierce.

Thanks so much for this. I have been in a slump and really struggling with food. I know from reading posts for so long that this period is the hard time -- I go next week for my fourth fill and I'm hoping that will get me there. Really working on listening to my body so I can listen to the band but until there's real restriction I am not hearing much back. Unless I totally screw up, which is not really my mode. My problem is the grazing and going back for more because I deprived myself earlier on -- round and round I go. That said, I managed to lose three pounds in the month of December so I am doing alright. But he's this is the hard part. I have a lot of enthusiasm and energy but bootstraps are needed right now. Pulling myself up, up, up.....and grateful to every one here for the support.

Bandista, you are doing fantastic!

I am finally at a good restriction, I can eat just about everything in moderation and that's what the band is for. I never want to get to the point where I am only drinking or where I can't partake of something I might want to like pizza or steak.

If I want to have a bite while out to lunch at a Pizzeria with my co-workers or friends I want to be able to do that. I want to be able to LIVE my life and not be restricted by my WLS which I had to make my life better and healthier not to restrict it.

That said I think there are times when we all struggle with food choices. Especially being women I think we struggle a bit more with the cravings then the guys do. That is just my experience of going through this with my husband. He rarely has a craving for anything, while I have them occasionally. Sometimes for the "wrong" things like ice cream and chocolate and sometimes for things like steak and fish and even vegetables!

I listen to what my body is telling me and I think at times when it's craving things like that it's because I need it. Maybe not the chocolate and ice cream but I think those things too have their place.

Anyway I think your right on target and doing awesome! Have a Happy and Healthy New Year! 2014 is going to be a GREAT one!

Im at 7.5 in a 10cc band and the clean foods im "suppose" to eat hurts the most to get down.

So now, funny as it sounds, ice cream and chips, sliders, etc, are really my bffs.

So its definitely a catch22

Im at 7.5 in a 10cc band and the clean foods im "suppose" to eat hurts the most to get down. So now, funny as it sounds, ice cream and chips, sliders, etc, are really my bffs. So its definitely a catch22

If you can't get good foods down you are too tight. This will cause you to gain not lose.