Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

no weight loss after 2nd fill

I had my second fill right before Thanksgiving, and from then until now, I have not lost any weight. I go for my next fill on January 3rd. I had my surgery on Sept 19th, and I have lost about 35 pounds so far. Just discouraged I haven't lost anything since my last fill.

Maybe you are restricted too much or not eating enough calories. Your body could be in starvation mode and holding on to what it can. Perhaps try adding a few more calories

It is not uncommon to stall even early on. I have read about many banders who didn't really start losing until third or even fifth fill, and then others who get to goal with no fill at all.

Stick to your foods, add some xtra walking, drink all of your Water ... And go to your next appt even with no loss. Your doc will know what to do. Some of us are slow, slow losers ... But eventually we get to goal anyway! You're down 35, not gaining any, you are doing well. Remember, this is a life-change not a regular diet. You will reach your goal; just keep plugging ahead! X

i went a full month without losing any weight and it was depressing but i knew i was eating healthy and exercising so i didn't sweat it to much. i just saw my doctor and had a fill and lost 6 lbs. in one month. so hang in there. our bodies will do what they want to do. just do what you need to and your wt. will come off. best wishes

35lbs is amazing! Congrats!! Try not to put all your focus on the scale, as it can play mind games sometimes! If you know you're doing everything right, and following the band rules, the weight will come off!

This is one thing that people need to understand: you can get all the fills in the world but it is not the fills that make you lose weight. Weight loss is achieved by eating less and burning more calories. Your band is working if you are not hungry for three to four hours after eating on small amounts of food.< /p>

Are you tracking every bite? Its easy to overeat and not even notice it. MPF is a great app and there are others.

This is one thing that people need to understand: you can get all the fills in the world but it is not the fills that make you lose weight. Weight loss is achieved by eating less and burning more calories. Your band is working if you are not hungry for three to four hours after eating on small amounts of food.

And, this is absolutely correct. The band will help the hunger, not necessarily the calorie intake if you are having head hunger and responding to it.

Ive had lap band 5 months and have finally got my 1st ever scale victory of 7lbs.

I didnt lose anything pre nor post op.

Getting to 7.5cc's a week agao and finally! Finally! 7 whole pounds!!!

I must have a different band because my band does not help w/hunger.

Im always hungry.

My band does drastically limit my food intake.

After 4bites, im "stuck" 6 bites, "slime" and together its enough to make u forget about any craving you've ever had...

Pepper. You should sit down with your doctor and nutritionist and discuss how this works. You shouldn't be stuck w/ slime and the band should be giving you a little satiety by now.

@2muchfun

I get stuck and im forced to stop eating after a few bites.

I dont stop eating because im satisfied i dont get there, stuck arrives, so im not reaching the "fullness"

If this keeps up into the 3rd week im gonna get an unfill.

have you had to buy smaller clothes?

are clothes getting way to big?

are you feeling better? is your mobility better?

have you lost inches??

if so, then you are losing actual weight even of the scale says nothing, or doesnt move or even goes up...being discouraged solves nothing......its not a overnight thing..its a process of eating day in and day out just do what the dr said to do (and losing 35 pounds, it seems you are..great job)...and keep going forward in your journey..each persons journey is different.....some lose fast (usually us bigger ones)...and some slower

but a loss is a loss with any WLS

your mental thinking will work with you or against you

Edited by ☠carolinagirl☠