Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got my surgery date, Jan 20th, bypass, im looking for a buddy/penpal for moral support. Anyone else having bypass around that date?

Kcamp what is you pre-op diet? Should I be worried about my calorie intake? I am on day 4 of a voluntary pre-op diet after logging everything tonight I realized even though I am full I only had 500+ calories!

KCamp- Good luck with your diet- you're almost there now!

2Big- 500 calories?! Is that safe? I wonder if you'll feel satisfied after days of just 500 cals... Have you tried using MFP to help track calories?

Thanks Alex. How are doing with your diet?

Big lamb, my NUT has me on Bariatric Advantage Protein shakes. I drink 5 a day. They are 160 calories each. They taste awful!! I can hardly finish them. I asked if I could just drink my own shakes that I had been using (pure Protein from target) she said if I did I would have to take ALOT of supplements with it. I need to have the supplements to get my body ready to handle the surgery. So........I just gag and drink it anyway :-( I hope this helps. Can you ask your Dr or NUT to help with a diet?

Day 2 here I come.......

Day 3 on peop liquid diet.....wasn't as bad as day two. This is hard.... I feel light headed all the time. On the plus side I have been sleeping well.

K- I hope things are going better on your diet. You're so close!

I met with the surgeon today and he is scheduling me for an endoscopy next Monday. It all seems so real now!

My final doctor's appointment is February 10 and that's when everything will be submitted to the insurance. I'm nervous on about 6 different levels...

Thanks Alex. Today was day 5, and it was okay. No tears today:-)

I know your nervous, but it's all just another step. I think God tests us to see if we are strong enough. I thought waiting to hear from the insurance was hard, even though it was a covered benefit. But I called them every week, they kept me informed. Once it was submitted properly it only took 2 days to approve. We are all nervous together. I know I can't wait to hear how all my new friends are doing after surgery!! I have a wonderful family, but this forum has become invaluable to me!

Yesterday was D's big day- I can't wait to hear from her!

K- you're just 3 days away- how are you feeling?!

Can't wait to hear from D!!

I'm doing okay Alex, excited and scared. The liquid diet is easy at this point. They will call me today with a time to be at the hospital Monday. This is gonna be a long weekend! How are you doing? Did you submit to insurance yet? Oh, I see you have to wait till the 10th. When are you hoping to have it?

Edited by KCamp

Just got my call from the hospital ...... 530am on Monday.

K- that's so awesome! I'll most definitely be thinking of you all weekend!

I am hoping to schedule during March which is when my spring break is. I'd like to call off 5 days instead of 10.

Edited by alex76

K- hope hope all is well for you today! Can't wait to hear from you :)

My endoscopy was this morning and it was easy peezy- wish surgery was this easy! Lol

My surgery will likely be February or March, so I am pretty close to your date. I am definitely interested in having a support buddy!

If you still need a support buddy! I'm here anytime

Surgery scheduled for 1/16

How are you making out?

Hi All,

I am scheduled for surgery on Feb. 3rd. I am so excited! The nervousness has not hit me yet. My friends are more scared about my surgery than I am. I think it's because this is God's path for me, and there is no need to worry.

I have my appointment with my dietician on the 9th, bloodwork on the 20th, and surgeon on the 21st. I will start the liver shrinking diet the following day. I have not heard anything about a need for an edoscopy. I guess that depends on the surgeon.

I have become addicted to this forum. I have a running list of items I will need to have on hand after surgery. Any suggestions you have would be welcomed. So happy to be able to talk with others to learn about your experiences as we all go through this at the same time. Prayers for each of you for a successful journey. I look forward to hearing how it's going.

If you need a support buddy, let me know.

Well, I'm home. It was pretty tough! Still in pain and nauseous. The hard part is I'm still hungry. I'm sure everyday will get easier. I'm only a few days post op.