Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got my surgery date, Jan 20th, bypass, im looking for a buddy/penpal for moral support. Anyone else having bypass around that date?

I had the stomach scope done it's no big deal. Don't even remember it they drug you up and I slept most of the day.

Day 1 went well. 2 protein/fruit shakes and vegetable Soup. My goal is shakes, veggies, ff yogurt, sf Jello and Popsicles for 7 days. I'm hoping to lose the 5lbs I gained last month before my next appt on the 13th. I set my alarm for 6am to try and get in some exercise tomorrow morning.

I thought about waiting til after the new year, but I'm sure that was just my brain trying to talk me out of getting healthy!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Wow Alex, that sounds great! Good for you! I know you'll do well! I'm waiting until I have to do it.

I'm glad I didn't need any of those other tests, that would have been something else for me to worry about. I worry about everything.

I am looking forward to getting back on schedule after the holidays. I hope you all Have a great New Years! This is going to be OUR YEAR!

Day 1 went well. 2 protein/fruit shakes and vegetable Soup. My goal is shakes, veggies, ff yogurt, sf Jello and Popsicles for 7 days. I'm hoping to lose the 5lbs I gained last month before my next appt on the 13th. I set my alarm for 6am to try and get in some exercise tomorrow morning.

I thought about waiting til after the new year, but I'm sure that was just my brain trying to talk me out of getting healthy!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Hi Alex, I am happy to hear everything is going well. It is great that you didn't wait until after the new year to start. I am going to try a similar diet to yours. Keep up the good work!

Hi All,

I am scheduled for surgery on Feb. 3rd. I am so excited! The nervousness has not hit me yet. My friends are more scared about my surgery than I am. I think it's because this is God's path for me, and there is no need to worry.

I have my appointment with my dietician on the 9th, bloodwork on the 20th, and surgeon on the 21st. I will start the liver shrinking diet the following day. I have not heard anything about a need for an edoscopy. I guess that depends on the surgeon.

I have become addicted to this forum. I have a running list of items I will need to have on hand after surgery. Any suggestions you have would be welcomed. So happy to be able to talk with others to learn about your experiences as we all go through this at the same time. Prayers for each of you for a successful journey. I look forward to hearing how it's going.

Good luck Sparky! Keep us posted with many updates before and after surgery!

I've incorporated some exercise- Bob Harper has kicked my butt this morning! The (mostly) liquid diet is going well. I'm a little hungry at times, but nothing insane. I like that things are portioned out for me since I know I can't be trusted yet to portion out food for myself yet. I've been faithfully logging food into MFP and that has helped too.

I have this looming fear that my ins won't cover surgery even though the patient coordinator assured me that everything looks good...

The Surgeon wants to get a look at my stomach prior to surgery. I am nervous because they go into your throat with a camera.

I was nervous about the endoscopy but it was easy. I remember going into the room and looking at the monitors while waiting for them to get it started. The next thing I remember was waking up. I told the nurse that I wanted to watch them do it on the monitor. She said well you were laying there looking at it the whole time. LOL.

Sparky, I too believe this is Gods path for me! It is in his hands at this point. I know we will all overcome our weight and lead healthy lives! Keep us posted, I'm praying for us all.

Congratulations Alex! You are doing great! I feel like I only have a week left to eat, so I'm just trying not to eat everything!

Mine is the 20th as well

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2014 is our year!

Happy New Year to all!