Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got my surgery date, Jan 20th, bypass, im looking for a buddy/penpal for moral support. Anyone else having bypass around that date?

My surgery will likely be February or March, so I am pretty close to your date. I am definitely interested in having a support buddy!

Hi KCamp and Alex, I am hoping to have surgery in February. I would like to keep in touch with you both on this journey. I am nervous and excited at the same time. Just think how much better we will feel and how different we will look this time next year.

Edited by Autumn Breeze

Hi Autumn! I am definitely looking forward to following both of your stories as we finish up our pre-surgery paths!

How have your appointments been so far- did you lose much weigh during yours? I gained 5lbs at my last appt, so I am working hard at taking those lbs off before my next appt on Jan. 13 :(

Thank you both!! I am a little worried about the ten day liquid diet. I will start that on January 8th. It's so nice to know we are not alone in this adventure???? I will keep you up to date. My next appt will be with my nutritionist for the liquid diet. Then I see my surgeon to sign consent. Woo hoo!

My weight has stayed the same since I met with my surgeon. I am having a hard time losing weight. He wants me to lose 15 pounds prior to surgery....I feel like I need to try my favorite foods for one last time. I am going to start eating less and start to exercise regularly. I meet with my surgeon for an Endoscopy in 2 weeks and I would like to be down a few pounds by then.

My doctor never gave me a specific # of lbs to lose like I've heard other people were given. I was maintaining until my last appt. I was shocked and embarrassed, honestly. I don't feel like I'm intentionally eating more prior to surgery, but that is definitely what it looks like.

I am thinking of trying the bariatric liquid diet for a week starting Jan. 1 to help boost weight loss and to prepare me for what I will eventually have to do before my surgery.

Did either of you have to complete the psych. evaluation?

I am excited for all of us too!

I did the psych evaluation and met with the nutritionist on the same day. I have my endoscopy on January 15th and I am really nervous.

I already did the psych evaluation. It was no problem.

I didn't loose much weight during my classes. I kinda went up and down, I was working on kicking soda, and morning carbs! That was tough. I am soda free now. Why don't you try just doing your Protein drink for Breakfast?

I haven't been told that I will have an endoscopy, but I think I will ask at my next appt.

I already have Protein shakes for Breakfast, but I am determined to lost the lbs. that I gained last month. I figure that trying it for 1 week will get me ready for the 2 weeks that are coming up.

I didn't need an endoscopy. What is that for?

I will start my liquid diet soon, so let me know how you make out. I scared of headaches!

I should be the last week in January, I have my endoscopy on Jan 2 and an esophageal manometey on jan6 then a follow up with the GI Dr then pre-op appt with surgeon, if all goes well I should get either sleeve or bypass after jan 20th

Wow, those tests do sound scary. I didn't have anything like that! I hope you both do well. I'm sure it will be worth it. I guess to more the doctors know going in the better. Please keep me posted. I will pray for us all!