Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Year not ending as planned

So far the holidays have not been going as planned.

I got a fill right before Thanksgiving and I've felt good restriction I'm eating less and slower at meals again but I am getting horrible about grazing especially with Christmas treats. I gained 6 lbs over the last 2 days. I'll probably lose 4 of them today but it's the type of swing on the scale that really knocks the wind out of you.

I need to really buckle down and get back to exercising more regularly and hopefully with the days getting longer again it'll be easier to make that happen.

I'm hoping by publicly admitting my shortcomings and stating my goals I'll feel more commitment to make the changes I need to.

Anyone else want to share?

Hi Fred,

Me and my husband are right there with you. I know my husband has been struggling over the last few days, eating some holiday Cookies and cakes and all that delicious stuff that seems to be everywhere!

I need to get moving more and try to focus on implementing a program that I can stick to and at least get some kind of exercise in 3-4 days out of the week to start would make me very happy.

I haven't gained any weight, but I haven't lost either. Not sure what the hubby's status is I think he's shying away from the scale right now and plans to do a bit of a re-set today to get back on track with his eating choices.

I'm resetting today as well after overdoing it a bit the last several days. That's the thing -- it isn't just one day but a whole series of events. I know I am having so much less than I would have without my band, but still it is too much grazing and not enough stopping. So today I am back to clocking my food. Just had first intake, a 20g. Protein bar and I won't have anything else until four hours have elapsed. No cruising the fridge or pantry! Also we are going to yet another gathering this evening. Boxing Day. I am going to have a Protein shake before we go and plan not to have anything but Water at the party. The wine cellar is closed! Not to mention the cheese shoppe. Good grief!

I have managed to exercise and really worked out hard this morning. That felt good. And yesterday I called a friend to go for a walk on Christmas afternoon between events. That was good -- to be that person who actually gets some exercise in on a holiday.

There are things still in the house that I'd rather not have in my zone right now. An enormous jar of almond butter given to our son yesterday along with some other goodies. Something about nut butters I find hard to resist. I think I may just sneak that right out of the house. Regift! There is chocolate, etc. that I can stay clear of but the leftover cheese and that one remaining piece of gluten-free apple pie -- yikes! As soon as my family gets back from errands I will make sure those items are gobbled up by some one so I don't have that chatter in my head. I am still so new -- seven weeks and two days. I really appreciate what the band is doing for me but I know I need to forgo certain things if I'm going to make my goals.

Best wishes, all, as we regroup. We can do this!

Father Frederic I have sinned:

I've eaten candy, Cookies, crème brulee, chips, biscuits smothered in sausage gravy, did I mention Cookies? There's fewer baked goods in the house now but I still have to hurdle the New Year's annual dinner of Prime Rib, mashed potatoes, gravy and cheesecake.

Don't bother with the hail Mary's, I've got it under control and just like every New Year for the last 40 years, I'll knuckle down and drop 20-30 lbs. But now, it's so much easier with the band. Not sweating this at all. Thanks Father Frederic.

tmf

Edited by 2muchfun

just jump, run back on the band wagon , Protein , Protein and we are only human and do make mistakes and give in sometimes, but just remember it iswhat you choose , as it seemed like forever to lose 3 lbs to me , then I went back to 3 Protein shakes a day and a couple of my Atkins candy Snacks in between then a small Portion Control dinner and next thing I know I had los 6 lbs it took 2 weeks but I did it , so choose what you want to do .

Hey, I think that we all need to jump back on the band wagon.Yesterday, I had Christmas burn-out! I stayed in my pj's all day and did nothing! I was too exhausted to come on here, to read my Kindle book or do anything productive, even a walk was too much!Today, is another day! (or as Scarlett O'hara said, "tomorrow is another day!") Dust yourself off, you will have many setbacks! Best wishes to us veterans!! Karen..aka.kll724

Well, fortunately, my son the Le Cordon Bleu chef was about to make this humongous chocolate chip cheesecake but he lacked an ingredient until yesterday so as I was leaving his home in GA TO get back to my house in FL, he had starting baking it and all I had as a memory was the aroma thank God! I still had two treats while I was there. They were chocolate truffles which did bring me over my limit but I'm good now. I've dusted myself off and am keeping within my limit. Happy New Year everyone!