Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shopping list for the hospital etc.

Thank you ladies soo very much :) I am so excited. My shopping list is getting longer for sure

I had a long list and packed it all. I am a planner and usually use everything.

But what I actually used was...

Chapstick

Extension cord/charger/phone

Lozenges (but they wouldn't let me use my own the dr had to order them and they have them to me)

My own pillow

Clean underwear

Just used hospital grippy socks and their gowns are built for bariatric patients so closed in back just fine!

Left hosp on clothes I arrived in.

Oh they wouldn't even let me use gas x if I had wanted. They would give me gas meds, but wouldn't allow anything from home

Oh they wouldn't even let me use gas x if I had wanted. They would give me gas meds, but wouldn't allow anything from home

Thank you so much. I will take them with me just in case :) thanks

You do not need towel, cloth and soap. All that is provided. Besides, I wasn't allowed to shower until two days after surgery and I was home then. I brought a robe. You will be walking the hallways. Some are fine with tying gown tight, but I wanted more coverage.

I everyone. My surgery is December 30 and I need your help.. Please tell me what I should take with me at the hospital.... Also, even though I don't have to do a liquid diet, I wanna know whys some good Protein shakes I can try that are tasty since I am not a shake person.. Also what should I take for gas, stomach/throat growling etc.. Please give me some idea what I should buy. Need to buy them tomorrow. Your help will be appreciated...

How come no liquid diet?

You don't need much!!!

Go home clothes( make sure they are comfy)

Your phone charger

Blistex - most important

Money for the tv/ phone

Deodorant

Lotion

Bath cloth

Towel

Soap

A warm sweater it's very cold

I don't understand the money for tv and phone? I brought my cell but could use, send and receive, phone calls in the room phone? And their television received more channels than at our home....and I wasn't charged for it?

You shouldn't need towels or lotions or bath cloth or soap....it is also provided.

I brought a bathrobe for walking the hallways. Gas X that I used once. All my other meds were provided for me and they specifically asked us not to bring any outside meds.

Sweatpants and t shirt for ride home helped too.

I everyone. My surgery is December 30 and I need your help.. Please tell me what I should take with me at the hospital.... Also, even though I don't have to do a liquid diet, I wanna know whys some good Protein Shakes I can try that are tasty since I am not a shake person.. Also what should I take for gas, stomach/throat growling etc.. Please give me some idea what I should buy. Need to buy them tomorrow. Your help will be appreciated...

My surgery was December 18th. One thing I did not think about before going to the hospital was that my abdomen would be bloated and a bra was very uncomfortable even for my short ride home. No one recommended GasX for me but wish they had. I like the OhYeah shakes but I think they contribute to my gas issue. I'm still struggling with getting all my fluids in, but feel better every day.

A moisturizing chap stick is so important. Phone charger and extension cord if your charger isn't long enough. I brought my own pillow because I hate hospital pillows.

A pillow is also good to use on the ride home to keep between your incisions and the seat belt.

I brought more than needed, bc my hospital provided alot(Chapstick, hand sanitizer, Shampoo, conditioner and soap, tooth brush and paste and a small travel type pillow)

Here's what I actually used:

A few pairs of clean underwear(they allowed me to wear them the second am)

PJ bottoms for under my gown which I was required to wear

House cost for walking halls

My own pillow from home(different color pillow)

Travel pillow(I brought a firm small pillow for coughing and standing, but the gave me the perfect one too)

Brush, deodorant

iPad, IPhone & chargers

A magazine

The BEST thing I brought was my ear plugs!!!! So happy since I was outside of nurses station!

Also not sure if your doctor used Lovenox post op for you at home, but learn my lesson no one informed me it needed to be ordered, I figured they'd give me a script at discharge, thankfully the office had enough samples for me! They dropped the ball BIG TIME!

I was not permitted to use any gas x strips they provided me with simethicone there(liquid if I remember)

How long is the hospital stay after the surgery (sleeve)?

Take the things you need to be comfortable for a long plane ride (because like on a plane, they aren't going to let you sleep either). Top of my list:

moisturizer

eye drops (for dry eyes not red eyes)

chapstick (Burt's Bees)

a great toothbrush and toothpaste (you can't have liquids for 24 hours, but brushing your teeth every few hours will save your dry mouth sanity--just be sure not to swallow)

slippers (they'll give you socks, but since you'll be walking every 2 hours, I like having my deerfoams

face cleanser and moisturizer

dry hair Shampoo

My stay was 2 days and since I wasn't allowed to sleep much, doing the grooming thing really helped me feel more human

An extension cord came in handy for charging phone and iPad...otherwise I could not have reached it while charging. Good luck!