Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My gas has gotten extremely better and I am about eight weeks out but everyone is soo different! Keep ur chin upas get bettet

Hmm.....no issues with gas here either.

My gas has gotten extremely better and I am about eight weeks out but everyone is soo different! Keep ur chin upas get bettet

I have just accepted that this is the new me. At 1.5 years post op I doubt it will be changing.

I had my op on the 29th Jan and I thought I'd escaped any gas post surgery...I had open and assumed it was going to be better (nurse told me that was true).

I was fine until two days ago...but I also got horrendous diarrhea today which seems to have eased this gas somewhat.

Music 1618 what are the things you eat and does it get better with the pouch? Or did you have sleeve?

Music 1618 what are the things you eat and does it get better with the pouch? Or did you have sleeve?

I had the RNY and it does not matter what I eat. I have had it checked by several docs and they have all concluded it is the new me.

I mean trying to unix new food and some ideas on what you eat?

8 months out and still very gassy. I do 'duck-farts' - because the sound is like quacking ducks! Lol

My gas problem got a little worse after my gall bladder removal in December. I was told it takes quite a while for your body to adjust to not having a gall bladder.

I burp and it isn't always controllable! Sometimes I could be talking and it comes out. I was talking to my daughter one day I burped and just went on talking. She thought this was funny !

I mean trying to unix new food and some ideas on what you eat?

I'm not sure I understand your post. Are you looking for new ideas for food?

Yes what are the things you can eat?

Yes what are the things you can eat?

I eat anything I want, but it has taken some time to get here. I tend to find something I really like and eat a lot of it, and then move on to something new. I am on a oatmeal kick right now, and who knows what tomorrow will bring.

During you first year I recommend you try things over and over. What made me sick at 3 months had no effect on me at 6 months.

Thanks for your reply I know they say things change the longer you have your pouch . I like to get a perspective of how it will be. Can you eat bread at all?

I have no problem w/high Protein wraps. I can only eat 1/2 of one. I can eat some pretzels. I was told by my doc to never eat anything white - bread, potatoes, rice, or Pasta. Only whole grains and preferably w/some protein. Aside from the wraps and pretzels I've had sweet potatoes and quinoa.

Thanks for your reply I know they say things change the longer you have your pouch . I like to get a perspective of how it will be. Can you eat bread at all?

I have found that I can eat bread, but it goes down easier if it is toasted. You and your new stomach will have a relearning process. Everyone is different. Things that made me sick early on I have no problem with now. It is all trial by error. The one thing I really stay away from is soda. The bubbles hurt.