Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stalled after the first week?

I am 13 days post op and I feel like I've already been stalled for a week. I have heard of the 3 week stall, but one week, really? I am at the puréed stage and I eat 3 meals per day (1 egg w/cheese for Breakfast, 3 oz chicken salad for lunch, 3 oz puréed chili w/ cheese wedge) plus one Protein Shake amounting to 600-700 calories and 70-80 grams of Protein per day. I haven't started exercising yet but plan to start walking next week. I have lost 8 pounds since day of surgery. Is it too soon to panic? Please help? Does this seem like too much food too soon? Thoughts?

Also, this may be TMI, but my monthly visitor is here this week. Could that be the issue?

Im 5 weeks post op. I stalled after week one, for 3 weeks. I don't know why, but once i started making Water and Protein a priority the stall broke. I freaked out too. Try and relax and know that everyone's body is different and obviously have stalls at different times. Im back on track at this point and know there will be more stalls ahead of me. Good luck you will be ok!

You have to take into account pre op too. I hit the three stall just before 2 weeks out and it lasted forever. .. now the weight is flying off. It's not an exact science. Keep up with your program and I promise it will work for you.

I am at three weeks now. Stalled since week one. I was not hitting my Water and Protein marks. When I spoke with the urse yesterday she said it canbe any number of things. This really is a drstic thing we have done to our bodies and sometimes it takes our body a while to catch up. She said our body sometimes goes into a starvation mode and clings to everything we do consume and oes not let go of anything at all hence no loss. She told me eventually my body will get the message that it is getting food regularly and I will start to lose. You will too. I guess we just to hang in there.

I would cut out the twice daily cheese. Dairy is not good for weight loss. Your calories seem a bit high, and you should be walking every day. I am 7 days post op and am down 15 lbs.

Hi Lyn, the calories look fine to me (600-700 is about what I remember at that time.) You can always double check with your NUT. At this point it really is a leap of faith. Keep doing what you are doing and you will see some changes.

I think TOM could definitely play a part; it was responsible for my first blip upward of a pound or two, about 2 weeks post op. That was followed by some nice loss the next week. Good luck!

It took me two weeks to get back to my pre-surgical weight!!! We are all so very different. Just keep on keeping on with your program (and don't weigh!)

I am 13 days post op and I feel like I've already been stalled for a week. I have heard of the 3 week stall, but one week, really? I am at the puréed stage and I eat 3 meals per day (1 egg w/cheese for breakfast, 3 oz chicken salad for lunch, 3 oz puréed chili w/ cheese wedge) plus one Protein shake amounting to 600-700 calories and 70-80 grams of Protein per day. I haven't started exercising yet but plan to start walking next week. I have lost 8 pounds since day of surgery. Is it too soon to panic? Please help? Does this seem like too much food too soon? Thoughts?

Also, this may be TMI, but my monthly visitor is here this week. Could that be the issue?

i was posting this about a week and a half ago. i stalled after the first week and it was that time of the month as well. but even after that was over i still didnt lose any. i was eating 3 meals a day but not hitting the protein marks. ill get my official weight on the 19th...if cut myself down by having a Protein Shake for breakfast and lunch and then 1 meal. im hoping that will break the stall.

in addition i did also read the article on butterthebeans signature about stalls so early out and it sometimes takes your body time to catch up to what we have done. good luck

<p>I would cut out the twice daily cheese. Dairy is not good for weight loss. Your calories seem a bit high, and you should be walking every day. I am 7 days post op and am down 15 lbs.</p>

cheese is on my puréed list from my nut. I really use it more for Protein than anything else. I always use 0.5 oz of Cabot sharp extra light for 30 calories and 4.5 g Protein or laughing cow light wedges for 35 calories and 2g protein. I will begin an exercise program next week. I am a bit tired still this week as I have already gone back to working 12 hour night shifts. I am really just hoping that I am not the one person that the sleeve doesn't work for. I have been meeting my protein and Water goals everyday. I am thinking of cutting out a meal and going back to 2 Protein shakes. But in all honesty, the Protein Shakes have more calories than my small meals.

The same thing happened to me. After one week I stalled for two, then it broke. I also got my TOM two days after surgery.

This is great guys!! I am 3 weeks out and really disapointed that I have been stalled for almost 2. It felt like the weight was flying off before and then it just stopped. I knew this would happen but it was still madning :angry: . Thanks for the info, all helpful! :D.

Help I am 6 weeks post op and stalled 2 weeks ago with no weight loss. I did lose 19 # in the first month which is great. Is this normal after such a short time?

Help I am 6 weeks post op and stalled 2 weeks ago with no weight loss. I did lose 19 # in the first month which is great. Is this normal after such a short time?<br><br>

At least you got 4 weeks of weight loss. I guess it is normal.

I'm 7 weeks post op. I stalled for about 2.5-3 weeks right in the middle. I just kept going with my plan and wasn't worried because I knew it would come off and frankly, I wasn't gaining so I didn't mind the break.

I felt it gave my body a chance to catch up with things I guess.

Just stay the course and you'll be fine. I'm now up to 50 pounds lost so far.

I stalled at week 4 and then again at week 9 - 10. I just started loosing again. .5 per days for the past 3 days. Yippee!