Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what the........?

I was banded on October 17th and have been doing well. no fill yet and little interest in food. Then came my own personal tsunami. I ate chocolate I had to give to my sister, then Cookies, then sugar...sugar...sugar, I even stole chocolate out of my kids advent calendar.(pathetic I know!) I realise this is referred to bander hell but it came out of NOWHERE. I feel like I have lost all the control I had. One taste of chocolate and I am in BIG TROUBLE. My next doctors appointment is Jan 10th (hopefully i will get a fill) What do I do in the meantime? I feel like the gates are open and the dragon's unleashed. feeling sooo powerless....

I am 5 weeks in and I know exactly what you mean... I feel that way as well... I just go back to Soup and Protein Shakes until I get back on track. Good luck to you ... keep your chin up

you get right back on track..that is what you do.....you are in total control..

am sure you didnt do as bad as you are making out....

so eat if truly hungry and there is nothing wrong with eating..

chocolate or whatever...3500 calories is a pound whether its ice cream or steak....

you got this...drink more, stay busy but def give yourself some credit..you ARE in control

Edited by ☠carolinagirl☠

You have to decide what you want worse, the weight loss or the chocolate. Banders Hell doesn't last forever and just as you probably used will power to make it through your pre op diet, you need to use it to resist unhealthy foods. If you get hungry eat Protein, it keeps you full longer and you need protein to help your body heal properly. Also make sure you're getting enough fluids in. As for the chocolate, if it was me I wouldn't bring it into my home if it was a weakness for me. It's much easier to resist foods if you don't bring them home. One thing is for sure though, when your band is properly adjusted to give you restriction, the cravings are much less and more manageable. You can make it through this difficult time, just get your mind in the game. Best wishes :)

Welcome to the lap band roller coaster!

Strong one minute or for a few days the next day you're weak as wet tissue paper.

My chocolate cravings are strongest during that TOM, after that im strong again.

So stay on top of ur fills once they start.

Also its best to go every two weeks if ur clinic allows it.

Might I also add, No one expects us to give up chocolates and the unclean foods we love forever.

Eventually and once ur fills start u'll crave them less & smaller amounts will satisfy the urge.

So just count your calories in a journal & wrkout until the band is tight enough to restrict you.

Edited by Pepper28

You're newly banded....in other words, other than having the surgery, you are no different now than you were before the surgery...left to your own will power, determination, motivation, etc, etc.

And if any of us could loose weight with that, we never would have needed surgery...you're still at a place were you can fail just as before....yes...BANDSTER HELL.....

You are now in the next phase where YOU and your Band gets adjusted, and eventually find that place where everything comes together optimally.....it can take some time...after my first fill I GAINED weight....absolutely no control...took me at least 4 months and 3 fills...then another 2-3 months of learning how to deal with it.....

Everyone is slightly different....and goes through a slightly different adjustment phase with slightly different results based upon your comfort level...where You and your Dr. feel it works best for you....

That's why this is adjustable after all....you'll get there, for now you just have to "White Knuckle" it, and follow traditional diet plans as though you wee never banded...but it will change...

BTW...I'm not a chocolate lover, but I do have my favorites...So WHAT??? You have to look at the big picture...a lifestyle....NOT a day by day, hour by hour slow torture.....actually, living with the band is very liberating....

Edited by B-52

Climb back out of your hole that you are putting yourself into, and dust yourself off. You are much to abusive of your one failing! We all have had an error in judgement. Today is a new day!! Karen...aka...kll724

My goodness! I just finished posting my own chocolate dilemma (I'm 2 years post surgery though) and then I saw this.

Chin up, focus on Protein now. Lots of protein. Whether you're in bandster hell or 2 years out, we all choose what we actually put into our mouths, lol. No one is perfect, but it's a good goal for all of us to choose right foods the m

Oh shoot, hit send on accident! Anyway, don't wallow in your misery, makes you feel worse. But it is not OK, either, and you obviously know that. White-knuckle with me, sister, at least 3 days til the sugar cravings give way and we are sane once again!!!

<p>I was banded on October 17th and have been doing well. no fill yet and little interest in food. Then came my own personal tsunami. I ate chocolate I had to give to my sister, then Cookies, then sugar...sugar...sugar, I even stole chocolate out of my kids advent calendar.(pathetic I know!) I realise this is referred to bander hell but it came out of NOWHERE. I feel like I have lost all the control I had. One taste of chocolate and I am in BIG TROUBLE. My next doctors appointment is Jan 10th (hopefully i will get a fill) What do I do in the meantime? I feel like the gates are open and the dragon's unleashed. feeling sooo powerless....</p> <p> </p>

My Nut gave me some suggestions for those times that I would like that chocolate taste. Sugar Free Chocolate Jello pudding or sugar free fudgicles. Just a thought.

thanks everyone

i had a clean" day yesterday so feeling returning to be on track. I do not feel sad so much as panicked that returning to old ways is as easy as putting hand to mouth. it feels like such an illness. ok. back on track, back to high hopes and strong will. thanks my friends!

ps: the advent chocolate was really BAD anyway!!! :-)

Hi there, here's to another clean day and do you suppose they'd move that fill appointment up a bit for you? I personally cannot have a display of chocolate on my wall or a cheese shop in my fridge; just not ready. I know we will be in a place where we can have little bits of everything we like but until that appetite is dimmed through proper adjustment of the band I think it might be better to go get a PlayMobil calendar and say no thank you to all the sugar that gets pushed on us at this time of year. And fake sugar sets up cravings, too. Next year will be so different! Here's to a life without outlawed foods -- it's coming. But maybe not for 2013?