Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone getting sleeved next week ?

Well, due to the snow storm in Northern NJ I didn't get sleeved until 8pm last night. My surgeon said everything went great and I passed my swallow test this morning. Been every nauseous since I got out of surgery, the nurses thinks its associated to the anesthesia and not my sleeve. Did begin my liquids around 2pm today.

My surgery was delayed until 5pm. I didn't get out of recovery until 11pm. I have been in sooo much pain and discomfort. I too passed my swallow test but I'm just ready to feel better.

Well, due to the snow storm in Northern NJ I didn't get sleeved until 8pm last night. My surgeon said everything went great and I passed my swallow test this morning. Been every nauseous since I got out of surgery, the nurses thinks its associated to the anesthesia and not my sleeve. Did begin my liquids around 2pm today.

Congrats on your Surgery,

You can ask for Zofran an anti nausea medication or similar. Il continue to pray for you to have a speedy recovery Welcome to the loser side.

Edited by Ballermom

My surgery was delayed until 5pm. I didn't get out of recovery until 11pm. I have been in sooo much pain and discomfort. I too passed my swallow test but I'm just ready to feel better.

Congrats on your Surgery, remember to hit the pain button.

Welcome to the loser side.

Edited by Ballermom

I had mine done on 12.12.13! I feel like I'm doing ok. The pain has not been terrible, and I had been worried about it.

Congrats on your Surgery,

Welcome to the losers side.

It's going to be fine, really. I was sleeved three weeks ago and I was as nervous as a whore in church! I couldn't sleep for days. Once you are knocked out, you'll wake in recovery. You will not be in pain, you'll be full of pain meds. When I got to my room, they gave me pain meds ever 4hours through my IV. I was sent home with pain meds and took them for only two days. I had phenegran for nausea. I'm not going to lie, you may be uncomfortable the first week. Each day gets better and better! It will all be worth it. You just need to remember to walk, walk, walk and sip, sip,sip! Hang in there!

This is very positive words. This is what I like to hear. I go in today for my sleeve at 10 am. Thank you!

I go 12-23 and am on the same roller coaster. Lost 7 pounds the first week on liquids, and nothing this week. I am bummed about that. The negative side of my brain says maybe you won't lose much or very fast with the sleeve. The intellectual side says it is just a shock to the system and will work in the long run. I try to keep busy to keep my mind off of things, but it is difficult. There are so few posts about bad surgery and hard recoveries that I am sure it will all work out.

I'm feeling ok, thank god no gas pains. I was sleeved on the 17th of December. It went great says my doctor. Even tho I cheated on my liquid diet . Now I can't eat at all. Went in at 293 3 days after 271 I know this is the beginning. Good luck to all.

Congratulations on your Sleeve my date is January 7th I am very excited and can't wait to see the changw. Do you think I will lose my Stomach lol

Edited by thicvik

Hi Rhonda! How are you feeling? My date is schedule for January 7th I am excited by nervous at the same time.

Hi Rhonda! How are you feeling? My date is schedule for January 7th I am excited by nervous at the same time.

Hello, it is normal to feel scared , as I was I feel great !!! No gas pains doctors was really surprised on how fast I recovered. My stomach is my only trouble. My kids and my husband helps me sit up and down. Just can't wait to fully recover. You will do great! I took an exlax before I went in maybe that helped me with the gas pains . Keep me posted on your surgery, I know you will do great and loose your stomach in due time lol.