Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tis The Season....

Sometimes I read so many negative posts, or posts about people struggling, I just have to scream it out!!!!

Christmas / Holiday parties starting up already!!!

This Friday my Wife's co. has a big one at a swank Country Club....all that great food, open bar, live music and dancing.....

This will be the first of many in the next few weeks and I can't wait...bring it, I'm all in.......every Hospital and clinic I go to is having some kind of party....

Why am I excited?

Because of the band....I can enjoy myself and have no fear of being around food, no temptation, no guilt, no possibility of overeating because the band will not allow it...and bottom line, I have no interest!

I don't need to get motivated, psych myself up.....the band is the band is the band and that's is what is important most of all....THE BAND!.....does not matter if I'm at a party, on vacation, or sitting in front of the TV.....

Once upon a time I would eat everything I could get my hands on...but now, because of the band....it allows me to eat just so much, and then that's it...I can secretly enjoy myself watching other people pile it on their plates....

And the best part is, it does not bother me, nor do I miss being a glutton....because of the band hunger and cravings are under control....No Mas..a thing of the past.....

Getting this surgery was the absolute best thing I could have ever done...why didn't someone tell me about how great this can be earlier.....but at least I can enjoy life to it's max right now!!!

And thanks to the band, that's what I am doing everyday!!!!

It has truly Changed and Saved my life.....It just doesn't get any better than this....

Sorry to vent, but this is so great I just have to shout it sometimes to clear all the cob webs out and put myself back in my reality....

I clicked "New Content", scrolled down the list of topics and...."WHERE"S ALL THE HAPPY GLORIOUS SUCCESSFUL BANDED PEOPLE?"

I hope they did not move on......

Edited by B-52

I'm happy about my glorious band!!! It has changed my life and and given me new found momentum in living life instead of just getting by. Already I am seeing life in a new light and am making many positive changes for me and my family. My children love my new energy and outgoing attitude. The band is to thank. Couldn't do it on my own.

I too look forward to the events now that I don't have to feel like I should hide because of my insecurities and can just join in on the fun. B-52 you're not alone in feeling like shouting from the rooftop.

I'm happy about my glorious band!!! It has changed my life and and given me new found momentum in living life instead of just getting by. Already I am seeing life in a new light and am making many positive changes for me and my family. My children love my new energy and outgoing attitude. The band is to thank. Couldn't do it on my own.

I too look forward to the events now that I don't have to feel like I should hide because of my insecurities and can just join in on the fun. B-52 you're not alone in feeling like shouting from the rooftop.

Thank You....sometimes this forum can be so depressing...even those encouraging each other sound like their stuck in quicksand or are terminally ill......when and IF they get to the finish line, they're going to collapse from sheer exhaustion....

I understand fully that there are new members everyday who are looking for the most fundamental information, and are confused....but it seems that is all there is here at times.....it should be the other way around...where newly banded people can read positive stories of success...but it seems their is only new members talking to other new members who are all struggling with the same things....before you know it they will start to believe what their struggling with, or their frustrations, and how hard it is to loose weight and make this thing work, etc, is normal and this is as good as it gets...that that's the way it is for WLS people....well,

NO IT"S NOT!!!!

You are NOT alone! I love my new life! :)

Thank You.....

When I first came to this forum, there were many people here who were successful, and I followed many of them and read all their posts....they were my inspiration....I recall one person in particular. Have not seen him here in almost 2 years.........for some reason they are no longer here, save but maybe one or two....

I'd hate to think they all eventually failed, or died or something.....I'd like to think they are out there enjoying their new life.

I do believe many people with positive successful stories are scorned by those who don't share their views..."It can't Possibly be that easy"..if you don't agree with them, then you must be wrong....HERETIC!....Stone Him!

All one can ever do is point to the door....what people choose to do is totally up to them.

Like I said....I log on each morning, click "New Content" and scroll down the pages....how depressing and it can get to you day after day....

To all the new people...There's more to it than what you're reading!!!!!!

Edited by B-52

Wonderful post, thanks this was very nice to read

nice post B

like you, my band will not let me (overeat)

i also agree many people are (overthinking) and not letting the band actually work and do its thing....the band will only help (or any WLS for that matter) if the person does their part....(eat better, exercise, remain focused on health and not the scale numbers that change every 5 min).

happy holidays all

I'm still a newbie (3 months post op tomorrow), but I LOVE my band. Best choice I've ever made in my life. No, I won't be baking this Christmas, but that doesn't get me down, no way! I'm not hiding from parties. I'm going full steam into them knowing this year I get to party without guilt! I won't be concerned whether people are whispering "Did you see what she ate? Gross!" All that is gone! I'm loving my life. I was walking out of the office yesterday and one of the managers in my department was behind me. I turned around to say good-bye and she had this shocked look on her face. "Diane...I wouldn't have known that was you. You are getting so skinny!" I love her to pieces...so, thank you Band. And thank you veterans for showing how happy life can be with the band. Love this forum!

I posted last week about how spectacularly my life has changed in the year since being banded. I even mentioned that I hoped newbies were reading it to help inspire them. Just as you have gotten your life back B-52, so have I. Sometimes I fear folks will think I'm bragging, but your comments here are confirming how important it is to post positive stories so I will continue to do so.

There are others out there with terrible joint pain and limited mobility, same as me a year ago. Today, with the weight loss and subsequent hip replacement surgery, full mobility is within my reach and I said on my post that I feel reborn and I'll say it here. This band saved my life. In fact I'll do what you said and shout it from the rooftop...THIS BAND SAVED MY LIFE!!!

Have a great day everyone...it's snowing here in NYC to beat the band right now and I have to go out in it. I'd rather just watch it from my living room, but we must do what we must do... :)

Thanks B-52, you and Carolinagirl both write such uplifting posts! Happy partying! I am just about partied out, 2 in 2 days! I came home last night, and did something I never do. I had 2 glasses, that's right I said two glasses, of wine! And I was tipsy and slept real good! Take care folks, love to you all! Karen...aka...kll724

Edited by kll724

The band has taken away my anxiety around eating. All that chatter -- should I have this, am I on or off my diet, can I have more, etc. -- gone. What a relief! I still love food but I'm not thinking about it all the time. I enjoy what I have but I'm out of food jail. I know I'm very new at this and there are ups and down in all of life, but this area feels secure now. So, I guess I did take the easy way out, because this sure is easier than my last two decades of questioning and worrying over everything I ate. Yippee!

I love reading posts like these!! I LOVE my band, and it does it's job beautifully! The band has changed my life, and I know I wouldn't be where I am today without it!!! I, however, still struggle with the mental side of food (I still have to stop and think "do I need this", "should I eat it"...blah blah blah), and need to remember that the band is there for a reason, and I need to learn to trust it!