Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers Points

If you're doing Weight Watchers, how many points to you eat a day?

to much food allowed on weight watchers for a person banded. don't need to count points if you are eating the desirable amount of food for the band.

You can never eat the amount of points that weight watchers gives you. Why don't you just follow the diet your doctor gave you. If we all wanted to still yo yo diet we wouldn't have had surgery. Let your band guide you and follow your doctors plan he put in place for you before surgery.

Thanks guys...and I agree, however I'm not in the green and the band isn't 'doing its job,' therefore I'm eating too much. Just trying to find the balance if how much vs. what I should be eating until I get to the right restriction.

For example, when I go out to eat, I have to order a salad. If I order something that us high in Protein, ie a chicken dish, I eat too much of it and consume too many calories.

WW definitely messed with my head -- counting everything like crazy and squeaking a point in, calculating, calculating.....but that's just me, a restricter. I personally hope I never see a WW anything ever again.

I agree with the others about WW. Your going to find it hard to fit into the "points" of WW when you are banded. Mostly because you are going to need to eat a high Protein diet.

Your going to get your chicken, fish and meats in first before you think about vegies and fruits. WW. primarily likes to focus on those for volume rather then the Protein and that is not inline with your band diet. You can still attend the meetings and keep track of your intake and weigh in if that helps you to be accountable to yourself, though for me the cost out weighs (no pun intended) the benefit of WW.

I would and do use my fitnesspal(free application/ website) to track your food and calorie content and try to stick with band friendly foods that have higher protein levels. Don't worry so much about WW points, as much as calorie in and calorie out.

You could still measure the amounts you eat and try to keep those WW proportions those are pretty on target for band sized portions of food. Eg. 3oz of chicken etc. as you work toward your greenzone.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks guys...and I agree, however I'm not in the green and the band isn't 'doing its job,' therefore I'm eating too much. Just trying to find the balance if how much vs. what I should be eating until I get to the right restriction. For example, when I go out to eat, I have to order a salad. If I order something that us high in Protein, ie a chicken dish, I eat too much of it and consume too many calories.

For now it may be helpful to avoid Entrees that are partial meat and stick with solid meat and some veges. Starches will get you in trouble. I use to love WW but I believe they were part of my problem...the encourage low calorie high volume therefore discouraging good protein and encouraging fillers. That isn't good for us. Even without good restriction, if you focus on Proteins you will do fine

I go to meetings with my mom just for support..I did WW by the book for years and it never worked for me..But a few ideas for you if you choose to eat chicken or something other than salad..portion it out. Cut the chicken in half..or thirds and put the extra in a box to go before you even start eating. It's 90% mental..Also - ask where ever you are eating at for a lunch portion or order off of the kids menu.,Just a thought.

WW has this program called Simply Filling, which is a eat lean Protein, fruit, veg, whole grains etc plan. No counting points or tracking in the usual WW fashion. If you really felt like you wanted some structure and/or support that you aren't finding elsewhere I think that would be a good plan for a banded person. And also some good meal ideas and recipes. I joined WW thru work because it was basically free and I've found that I like that plan. They give you a nice list of what they call power foods too.

I joined WW for the accountability and for the support more than anything. I didn't count points or anything just stuck with the simple start in which they have meal suggestions and you can substitute to build your own as well. With any of the meals I cut out the starches and it was okay.