Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill

Had my first fill yesterday, all went well yesterday but feeling very full and uncomfortable today. Does your body need to re-adjust?

Had my first fill yesterday, all went well yesterday but feeling very full and uncomfortable today. Does your body need to re-adjust?

Yes, your body.....and sometimes our minds/habits need to readjust. Take it slow with introducing solids. Not sure how much of a fill you got, but if your "feeling full", sounds like a good thing to me! Congrats! :)

The short answer is yes. On one fill it was almost 2 weeks before I felt it. On another fill, it was the next morning before realizing I was overfilled. Each time, I could drink Water with no problem in the docs office. If you can get water down, I have been told, no need to panic. If you have problems, evaluate yourself with the basic rules about bite size, eating too fast, eating too much, drinking too soon, if you still have problems and you are uncomfortable, you may need to adjust the fill in the band. Good luck, it seems like each person is a little bit different. You are unique! Have a great day!

Hi Jakki, I just had my first fill, too -- it seems like learning to listen to all the body's signals is the key to the whole thing. So happy to be in this place, a month out. Seems like just yesterday we were waiting to be banded! It's all happening, just a process.......good luck to you!

Oh yes, your body (mind too) has to adjust to every fill. You will need to learn how to eat with each and every fill. Take it easy and follow your doctors orders. As you get more restriction you will need to learn new eating habits.

Good luck to you, you are on your way.

Edited by ♕ajtexas♕