Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dont No How To Feel At This Point

So I had a 2 for 1 appt today, first one with my Dr's PA that doesnt like to give fills. I stayed the same weight since last visit (5 weeks ago) so we talked about why I was hungry, the frustration of only having 1 fill (in july) , how to fix my hunger issues....etc....so she kindly gave me a .5 cc fill. FINALLY!!

But i still dont like her that much.

Ok now I see my surgeon. Dr Courcoulas is amazing. I discuss the torture of the PA not giving me fills, i told her the PA said that they dont like to fill the band past 5cc and ask if this is true?

The look on her face was priceless. Answer NO not true!!

So my surgron said there are actually 3 PA's at the office. She said Marianne the PA i seen is very very conservative. But she does not want me to see her.

She said Amy a diffrent PA is a little more aggessive with fills. And i will be seeing her instead.

All of the things i told my surgeon about was like she had no clue what her PA was doing to.people what torture! I am finally glad i did this and its being tooken care of .

To make it so bad the PA Amy told me that as long as I was ok with it the bariatric coordinator would give me a call and discuss this same issues with her to try to make things better.

There are people on this forum that are going through the same thing regarding fills...please switch to Amy. She already told me that if i think i need a fill i can have one, i shouldnt be told no. I am the customer. I am so glad i did this now maybe my band can help me a lil bit more instead of me feeling like im doing all 100% of the work.

Isn't it funny how some people, even professionals, cop this attitude about how we should be living our lives and controlling our eating habits. PA#1 sounds like one of those people who believe we need to control ourselves around food. As if we could have? We wouldn't need surgery if we could control our eating habits. Hell, we wouldn't need the PA, doctor or clinic if we could cure ourselves.

Grrrrrrrrrrr. Sorry, I'm ranting and done now.

Hey thats why i had to make an appt with the surgeon. I was like please tell me this is not true. I was so frustrated and PA #1 even.seen it, i told her if i am hungry im going to eat , i eat already like 130 grams of Protein on each day almost how much more do you want me to eat to curb my hunger? Errrr......I can say one thing nice about her though is that she taught me to look at foods i ate each day , the value and Protein in each. All was not lost in her it would of just been nice to get a fill every once in awhile.

But what i learned from her was complete bs i feel like. Other than the food. Things like with the band etc....

That is why I chose my surgeon to do my fills,. My surgeon is a lapband patient. He understands head hunger, and everything else, too.

i love my surgeons pa. she only works with lapband patients and is so knowledgeable about this subject. somewhere since surgery one of the surgeons put in my chart that i had a 10cc band. so my fills have been small trying to get to the green zone. well the pa looked at my surgery report and low and behold i have a 14cc band. she said we have some catching up to do so i will see her every 2 weeks for fills. she would like to do more of a fill but i live over 2 hours away from them and if i have a problem she didn't want meto be that far away. and before everyone wonders whats wrong with my surgeon, well he moved to florida after my surgery and i have his partner now and thats where the mistake was made. so it's another lesson about your medical care, it's your own so own it. i complained about my band which made the pa look. so i am excited to be moving forward on this journey.

I do not think and this only my opinion that aggressive fills are necessarily the right thing to do. Many people get aggressive fills then end up back at the doctors office begging for Fluid to be taken out so that they can eat something. Going slower gives your body time to adjust to the pressure the band is causing on your stomach. So what happens when you keep getting fills and there is nothing left to fill. The band only does 10% of the work we do the other 90. I know what most will say I didn't go through this to have to work but that is a fact. I am coming up on four years and have 3 cc's in my band and have plenty of restriction. Hunger is not always taken away because of the band. Some will always be hungry. Just my opinion.

I do not think and this only my opinion that aggressive fills are necessarily the right thing to do. Many people get aggressive fills then end up back at the doctors office begging for Fluid to be taken out so that they can eat something. Going slower gives your body time to adjust to the pressure the band is causing on your stomach. So what happens when you keep getting fills and there is nothing left to fill. The band only does 10% of the work we do the other 90. I know what most will say I didn't go through this to have to work but that is a fact. I am coming up on four years and have 3 cc's in my band and have plenty of restriction. Hunger is not always taken away because of the band. Some will always be hungry. Just my opinion.

I agree. I dont want aggressive fills! I just want someone to listen to me. For me its just a matter of having a PA that is very very conservative or a PA that is a little more aggressive. I tried the Conservative PA and she does not like to give any fills, not saying I need a fill every month I am seen, but, if I feel that I need a fill it should at least be discussed and not ignored.

I did recieve a fill yesterday of .5 cc. I have to wait until it settles in to see where I am at. I workout like crazy and count everything I eat. I take in average 100+ Protein each day. I am working full speed at 100% everyday and there is nothing more I want but to succeed.

and succeed you will. Take each day and claim it. This is what it is all about.

Pittsburger, you are losing weight really well. It has only been 6 months correct? I've actually skipped a few fills that have been offered cuz I don't want to be too tight and I think I'm doing ok. I've noticed that my weight hasnt budged in the last 2 weeks, but my clothes seem to be getting bigger. I go to the gym religiously and monitor my intake closely. I have appt in 2 weeks and don't know whether I'll take a fill yet. But the last thing I want is an overfill.

Yes it has been 6 months. I am the same weight this visit as last visit so my weight didnt move. I am gaining muscle and losing fat.

Yes it has been 6 months. I am the same weight this visit as last visit so my weight didnt move. I am gaining muscle and losing fat.

Good for you. It will eventually be reflected on the scales

Oh I know, as long as im doing my part I will see that scale move again.

That is why I chose my surgeon to do my fills,. My surgeon is a lapband patient. He understands head hunger, and everything else, too.

Did he give you any good ideas on how to deal with head hunger? I so struggle with this way to often.

Great you should be proud of sticking up for yourself and countless others !!

Did he give you any good ideas on how to deal with head hunger? I so struggle with this way to often. Thanks :)

I have a cup of diet hot chocolate. It satisfies all the needs and is only 24 calories. Water also helps, but for me I plan a cup of hot chocolate into my evening