Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Food Police Were Out In Full Force Yesterday!

Things I heard yesterday. ..

-is it ok for you to eat that?

-oh.. none of that for you!

-I thought you couldn't eat that?

-nope.. not for you!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

So in the middle of dinner I stood up and said, 'Listen, I do not need any of you to police what I'm eating. You need to pass everthing to me like you always have and I am perfectly capable of choosing for myself whether or not I can or can't eat it. It's my choice! And if there is one more comment I am leaving'!.

Well, everyone was a little shocked but the comments stopped and I was able to really enjoy the rest of the evening without feeling like I was under a microscope. Geesh!

Thank God I never heard a word yesterday. Most people there (was at my sister in laws in laws - if that makes sense) and about 1/2 of them don't know. Not because I'm hiding it but because it just never came up.

My hubby is usually my food police. By my 2nd bite of anything, he starts "have u had enuf yet? Don't overdo it". 2 bites? really? He was so busy stuffing his face yesterday I don't think he even noticed me eating!

Things I heard yesterday. ..

-is it ok for you to eat that?

-oh.. none of that for you!

-I thought you couldn't eat that?

-nope.. not for you!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

So in the middle of dinner I stood up and said, 'Listen, I do not need any of you to police what I'm eating. You need to pass everthing to me like you always have and I am perfectly capable of choosing for myself whether or not I can or can't eat it. It's my choice! And if there is one more comment I am leaving'!.

Well, everyone was a little shocked but the comments stopped and I was able to really enjoy the rest of the evening without feeling like I was under a microscope. Geesh!

Nothing and I mean NOTHING annoys me more than the food police. The other day I literally said to someone "I've lost 70 pounds in 9 weeks eating what I like and without your advice, I don't need your input. Thanks' and shut them up real quick.

well done to all of you :)

Bang bang.... Guns ablazing!!!! Good for you... I just heard jokes about not being able to eat... I took that in stride...lol

Awesome..I have been lucky enough not to hear any of this. I had Thanksgiving at my Bff's house and since she was sleeved 6 months ago, we know what to eat and both hubs had no comments nor did her kids.

Sunday I will be having yet another holiday dinner at my aunts house. I am sure no comments will be made there either. She knows what I have done and joked that she has a childs plate ready for me...Gotta love her...LOL

well done

Au contrair, I ate a spoonful of this and that and a few other bites and stopped. My sleeved sister did the same. Unfortunately my daughter, mother and brother were all groaning afterwards. It makes me sad but we try not to lecture either way

Since I was doing most of the cooking.....there was no one to tell me anything.

I must admit, I'm more guilty of being the food police these days to others. When I see someone eating way too much of the nasty unhealthy food they shovel in their mouths....it's all I can do not to tell them how many calories they're eating. I have to bite my tongue because I don't want to be that person.

Butter bean I'm the same.. I'm always stopping myself from the desire to educate others on what they're eating.

Since I was doing most of the cooking.....there was no one to tell me anything. I must admit, I'm more guilty of being the food police these days to others. When I see someone eating way too much of the nasty unhealthy food they shovel in their mouths....it's all I can do not to tell them how many calories they're eating. I have to bite my tongue because I don't want to be that person.

Ive found myself wanting to do that also. Very easy to become "that" person, isn't it? Lol.

Since I was doing most of the cooking.....there was no one to tell me anything. I must admit, I'm more guilty of being the food police these days to others. When I see someone eating way too much of the nasty unhealthy food they shovel in their mouths....it's all I can do not to tell them how many calories they're eating. I have to bite my tongue because I don't want to be that person.

Ugh guilty...

But I have no filter...

So it actually comes out, ask my daughter,

But she eats crap all day long!!

I just say "hey why not some Protein you've bean eating carbs all day"

Then her young (and still skinny azz) laughs and says things like look who's talking.. :(

Yeah, people don't like food advice from a former fatty..

Amen, Laura. My daughter (thin) reminds me all the time! Zealots have a hard time shutting up! LOL

Amen, Laura. My daughter (thin) reminds me all the time! Zealots have a hard time shutting up! LOL

I only do it because I care...

She is my daughter and has my genes.

But then she shows me her abs and laughs and tells me "I'll never be like you, I wouldn't let myself get like that"

Gotta love a 17 year old when your talking sh*t about her Taco Bell and hot Cheetos :P

I prefer to model the behavior I want others to have. And when others comment on what I eat, I say " yeah, I can eat that! Isn't it great?" I hate drama so I usually try to say something that doesn't have a comeback and doesn't encourage them to keep yapping. Lynda