Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my time...Monday at 5:15am

Good luck for Monday...are you ready?

Xx

Snow Daisy glad to hear we are surgery buddies!!!! Your hubby sounds like a great guy. I guess I'm not the only one having little nervous spats. I'm a bit nervous again my surgery will get canceled because I have the stomach bug. Good luck to you!!!!

My surgery is one day after you Meintraining...mine is on Wednesday the 29th. I had a mini panic attack today, but my husband gave me a big hug and reminded me that I'm going to be in good hands and it passed quickly. No doubt I'll feel like that on Wednesday Morning...I'm in a 6am. Well all the best to you Meintraining and anyone else who are having their surgeries soon too. Xxx

Good luck jlmckee.

My panic attack was Tuesday. I'm glad we've reminded ourselves why we started this and where/who we plan to be in the future

What are you packing to bring to the hospital?

According to my husband, the kitchen sink got snuck in my case...lol

Two pairs of PJ's

Dressing gown

Slippers

Scholl socks with grippers

Panties

Front opening bra's

Biotene for dry mouth

Loads of disposable toothbrushes with paste already on them

(But have regular toothbrush and toothpaste too)

Mouthwash

Deodorant

Moisturiser

Shampoo

Conditioner

Soap

Wash cloths

Brush and comb and hair bands

My own towels

Breath fresheners

Antibacterial hand cleanser

Will take iPad and phone

I did put all this stuff in small bottles.< /p>

I will also have clothes to come and go with....

Xxx

Holy moly that is a long list!

I think I'm ready. The hospital told me no to my own pjs and robe. I have toothbrush and paste, dry Shampoo, face wipes, Chapstick, brush, own pillow, undies, glasses w/case and lens cleaner and b/c Mother Nature is a b..., girlie products.

My friends and family still kinda suck as support. I'm allowed to eat today, liquids Sunday. I think I'm going to go to Chilis and have my favorite soup/salad.

God bless and good luck to all of us who are scheduled for surgery and God bless, fast recovery to those who've already had it!

Wow Snow Daisy. You are prepared. Good for you. Even if you don't need it all it's always good to have just in case. I haven't even thought about what I'm bringing yet. I've told very few peeps about my surgery so it's easy for me not to think too much about it. I need to get busy!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing :-)

According to my husband, the kitchen sink got snuck in my case...lol Two pairs of PJ's Dressing gown Slippers Scholl socks with grippers Panties Front opening bra's Biotene for dry mouth Loads of disposable toothbrushes with paste already on them (But have regular toothbrush and toothpaste too) Mouthwash Deodorant Moisturiser Shampoo Conditioner Soap Wash cloths Brush and comb and hair bands My own towels Breath fresheners Antibacterial hand cleanser Will take iPad and phone I did put all this stuff in small bottles. I will also have clothes to come and go with.... Xxx

Jlmckee great list too. I was wondering if they would let me bring my own PJ's? I have a ton of paperwork and info from my hospital and docs but curiously enough nothing about what to bring to the hospital.

Holy moly that is a long list! I think I'm ready. The hospital told me no to my own pjs and robe. I have toothbrush and paste, dry Shampoo, face wipes, Chapstick, brush, own pillow, undies, glasses w/case and lens cleaner and b/c Mother Nature is a b..., girlie products. My friends and family still kinda suck as support. I'm allowed to eat today, liquids Sunday. I think I'm going to go to Chilis and have my favorite soup/salad. God bless and good luck to all of us who are scheduled for surgery and God bless, fast recovery to those who've already had it!

Hi everyone. Kimberly - we had the same surgery date (Jan 6). I had a little bit of a rough start after the surgery (nothing major). I have an identical twin sister who had the R&Y four months earlier than me - and we live together. Great support. I'm really glad I found this forum!!

Carrie

None of my papers told me what to bring either, but when the hospital called yesterday to tell me what time to get there, I asked. I mentioned pjs and robe. The lady said oh no, you'll be wearing our gowns and we provide the gripper socks. She said that they will provide the necessities. But I'm still bringing some stuff. I forgot to list my phone, charger, nook and headphones.

Anyone?!? My surgery is Jan 6th and looking for others :)

I haven't been scheduled yet but my case coordinator advised that it will be in January!!

Im doing well. Im excited for you! Im not sure how to just reply to you in an easier way? LolCarrie

That's what my hubby was saying. The hospital will provide gripper socks and their gown,etc. my question is what do you wear while walking around the hospital. I'm told they get you up right away.

None of my papers told me what to bring either, but when the hospital called yesterday to tell me what time to get there, I asked. I mentioned pjs and robe. The lady said oh no, you'll be wearing our gowns and we provide the gripper socks. She said that they will provide the necessities. But I'm still bringing some stuff. I forgot to list my phone, charger, nook and headphones.

Edited by Meintraining

I packed pjs, robe, extension cord for phone, socks, dainties, deodorant, toothbrush and toothpaste...but honestly, the hospital provided everything and I didnt even get my bag out of the trunk. Everything I needed was in my purse [chapstick, phone charger & phone ]. I wore the clothes I wore to the hospital home. Those two days fly by, but had I stayed longer, I would have needed my bag. Blessings to you all! I am 12 days post op and doing great. It still feels like a miracle, really!

Anyone from Philadelphia? Maybe we can pal up n support eachother. ..talk n ask questions make sure we have someone to talk too that knows what your going through.

Gas X thin strip, Gas X thin strip, Gas X thin strip, Gas X thin strip, Gas X thin strip..............

Someone told me they don't work but I disagree. I took one every time I ate or drank for the first couple of days. Pretty much all my surgical gas was gone by day 5 and I never had too much pain with it. I've had several abdominal surgeries and it has made a big difference in the recovery process to me.