Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey KCamp welcome back! Glad to hear it went well! I too can easily eat more then the 1/2 cup I should only be eating! I am really going to have to rely on measurements and stuck to only eating that portion at a time. I also need to work on taking my time I can have my Soup finished in under 10 min :(.

Sure hope you get your pain under control soon!

Hello everyone. Thank you for the well wishes. I am home. I had to stay an extra night, we got a lot of snow. I am in a lot of pain, the meds at hospital are much better. I'm very nauseous. Doctor doesn't want me on more meds so I'm stuck. Here is the kicker, I'm still starving !! Hoping it gets better.

It's so nice to hear that your doing well! I am home as well but very sore. Just try to burp and pass gas and you will feel so much better afterwards.

So far so good, still very painful to stand or sit but once I am up and walking its not too bad. Had my first bout of nausea this morning, not sure if its because I hadn't eaten or drank since 7:30 last night. Woke with a pounding headache and felt like I was going to be sick. Took the anti nausea pills Dr gave me, so far they have held it at bay. Managed to drink 8oz Protein Shake that seem to be helping with the sickness. Other then the hot flushes all is going well.

Hello everyone! I had my surgery Tuesday and am going home from hospital today. Feeling pretty good. Not much pain. It was nice to be able to meet 2biglamb, as we are at the same hospital. Just waiting for my ride so I thought I'd update. Ttyl.

Hello everyone! I had my surgery Tuesday and am going home from hospital today. Feeling pretty good. Not much pain. It was nice to be able to meet 2biglamb, as we are at the same hospital. Just waiting for my ride so I thought I'd update. Ttyl.

So glad your doing well. This has been more difficult than I imagined, but everyday seems a little better than the last.

Kcamp how are you doing with hunger and pain?

Edited by Meintraining

Well.... I still want a darn cheeseburger. When my family eats, it just kills me! I've definitely had second thoughts. I think, what did I do? Then I try to remember, I did this for my husband and my eight year old, so I can be here for them! I just have to remember that! The pain is getting a little better, I think I can handle that. My emotions are all over. When is you surgery? I will tell you I have not thrown up once, I'm very scared of that so I'm glad it's not an issue.

Hello all! I'm back! Surgery was January 13th. I had a few complications in the hospital. I had some internal bleeding the day after surgery. I was passing it through my bowels. They took me off the blood thinners and it slowly stopped. I also had a cat scan to see where it was coming from. But they didn't see anything. I was nauseous the first three days after the surgery. But I haven't had none since. My nerve in my back was pinched during surgery. So I was having back and leg pain in the hospital. I stayed from Monday to Friday. They didn't let me drink anything until Thursday night. I had a half of Popsicle and I was done. Since I have been home I have been on liquids. I haven't had any problems with in take. I did an issue with me leg and foot on Sunday night. They filled me so full of fluids almost ten pounds to be exact that it all settled in my left leg and foot. It felt like it was on fire. I went to the er and had to get some liquid codeine. It's been getting better every day. The day of surgery I was 422. That Thursday I weighed in the hospital to see how much fluids was in me I was 430. Today was my first weigh in and I an 408. So I am down 13pounds since surgery. Ten days ago. If I was counting from the hospital it would be 22! I'm feeling really good about my decision to have the bypass surgery. I love being full after 1/4cup or anything. Lol it takes me an hour to drink one shake! I can't wait to see where I am in a month! Thanks for listening! I hope everyone else is doing as good as I am!!

Remember, if your feeling hungry drink first, after you eat do not drink for 30 min, and if your surgery is fresh and you cause yourself to puke you can pop a stitch and cause a leak. Try adding clear Protein Powder to what your eating to help fill you up..

Kcamp my surgery is Tuesday. I just had a mini freak out moment. I've been so sure and so ready until last night when I started to get nervous and second guess myself. Fortunately I'm back on track and looking forward to having this done. I know it won't be easy at times but I'll have to get through it like everyone else.

I am so happy for you!!!!! Hope your feeling stronger everyday.

Well.... I still want a darn cheeseburger. When my family eats, it just kills me! I've definitely had second thoughts. I think, what did I do? Then I try to remember, I did this for my husband and my eight year old, so I can be here for them! I just have to remember that! The pain is getting a little better, I think I can handle that. My emotions are all over. When is you surgery? I will tell you I have not thrown up once, I'm very scared of that so I'm glad it's not an issue.

Sorry to hear you had some complications but happy you are doing better. Congrats on your weight loss already!!!!

Hello all! I'm back! Surgery was January 13th. I had a few complications in the hospital. I had some internal bleeding the day after surgery. I was passing it through my bowels. They took me off the blood thinners and it slowly stopped. I also had a cat scan to see where it was coming from. But they didn't see anything. I was nauseous the first three days after the surgery. But I haven't had none since. My nerve in my back was pinched during surgery.

Edited by Meintraining

My surgery is one day after you Meintraining...mine is on Wednesday the 29th.

I had a mini panic attack today, but my husband gave me a big hug and reminded me that I'm going to be in good hands and it passed quickly.

No doubt I'll feel like that on Wednesday Morning...I'm in a 6am.

Well all the best to you Meintraining and anyone else who are having their surgeries soon too.

Xxx

I got my time...Monday at 5:15am

My surgery is one day after you Meintraining...mine is on Wednesday the 29th.<br><br> I had a mini panic attack today, but my husband gave me a big hug and reminded me that I'm going to be in good hands and it passed quickly.<br><br> No doubt I'll feel like that on Wednesday Morning...I'm in a 6am.<br><br> Well all the best to you Meintraining and anyone else who are having their surgeries soon too.<br><br> Xxx

My panic attack was Tuesday. I'm glad we've reminded ourselves why we started this and where we will be in the future.

My surgery is one day after you Meintraining...mine is on Wednesday the 29th. I had a mini panic attack today, but my husband gave me a big hug and reminded me that I'm going to be in good hands and it passed quickly. No doubt I'll feel like that on Wednesday Morning...I'm in a 6am. Well all the best to you Meintraining and anyone else who are having their surgeries soon too. Xxx

My panic attack was Tuesday. I'm glad we've reminded ourselves why we started this and where/who we plan to be in the future