Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting For Approval!

Well I have completed my 6 months of nutritional evaluations, medical evaluations, and appointments! I am waiting to hear back for the final confirmation and if everything goes through, my surgery will be on January 2nd!

Excited with fingers crossed!

Congrats on coming this far. The waiting for approval phase is a bear! I had to wait five weeks for my approval and every minute was a nail biter.

I hope that you get your approval soon and can start your new year with a new band! :D

Congrats and prayers it's a positive for you!

Sounds like everything is moving along nicely! Congratulations on your hard work getting to this place. What a way to start 2014! Fingers crossed for a quick and positive response.

I had a five month wait. Really dragged at times but in the end I was glad for that time to prepare mentally. I'm really glad I upped my exercise so after I was banded I could move right into that mode. Something switched in my head and now I actually want to exercise. The band did that for me -- I never had the willpower before. Good luck to you -- you will be there soon!

Congrats! This wait is probably the slowest part! (Well, besides bandster hell, lol)

Hopefully it won't be that long of a wait! My surgery date is a month from today... so I hope to hear back soon! They did call me to tell me to go ahead and get the required chest xray, EKG, and upper GI prior to surgery. I have to make an appointment for the GI and will probably walk in for the other two tomorrow.

Continue staying on course to complete all requirements you can fulfill. It's better to get them out of the way. Start getting your diet in order, strt getting Protein shakes, sugar free jellos, sugar free popsicles and Soup broths. You will need all these. Lowfat greek yogurt I purchased at a Fresh n Easy store. I flavored with stevia .

Best wishes and Keep the Faith.

Best wishes, let us know when you get your date! Karen

I am playing the waiting for approval game, also but the Doctor has promised a surgery date by the end of 2013 if approval comes quick enough. My friend and weight loss surgery partner had her surgery 1 month ago today. We share the same doctor and insurance companies. She was approved within 2 weeks of submitting the paperwork to the insurance co. So keeping my fingers crossed for a similar timeframe!

The waiting for approval wasteland is a hot, dry, terrible, lonely place, isn't it? I languished there for five weeks, while my insurance company kept me waiting for their decision. It was h*ll. H*ll, I tell ya! :angry: Hang in there. You'll hear, soon, get your surgery date and be all set to go. :D

Hello All! Well I had that horrible upper GI this morning and I still feel sick! Bah! What horrible stuff!!!

I sure hope the insurance company hurries up because I already have a surgery date of January 2nd! I am excited but trying not to get too excited in case they deny me. Though the whole medical team says I'm like the perfect candidate and they don't see why I would get refused. Ya never know!

I'm still waiting and will post something when I find out!

Thanks all for the warm wishes and thoughts.

Ugh... this insurance company is frustrating me! Okay I had a surgery date of the 2nd which can't happen. They said the insurance company had a 15 business day time frame to respond which is TOMORROW!!! And obviously they won't be doing anything on New Years Day so I had to reschedule my surgery date to January 9.

My rep at UPMC said that there is no reason they would deny me but they take their sweet time for elective surgery. She even told the guy with the insurance company that it is really inconvenient to change the patient's surgery date when they have had the information for such a long time. Grr

On the up side, I am glad that they had something available next week. Hopefully I will get the final approval in the next day or so!

Well I have completed my 6 months of nutritional evaluations, medical evaluations, and appointments! I am waiting to hear back for the final confirmation and if everything goes through, my surgery will be on January 2nd!

Excited with fingers crossed!

Best wish for a speedy recovery.