Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Choosing To Keep Vsg Private..for Now. Need A Story Though.

My surgery is in two months.

I have shared with two "non-judgemental' friends and for now, that's it.

I still heard, "Are you sure there's no other way?" I'll exercise with you"

People can't understand the fighting arguing and disgust in my head.

They can't know how it feels to want to be invisible in a room.

I missed a good friend's wedding as I couldn't stand to be me in a room of beautiful successful people.

For now, I opt to keep my decision private.

Problem:

I can't disappear for a week unnoticed.

People will ask questions and I will fold under pressure. :(

I am healthy with no history of stomach issues, other than 2 c-sections.

No hernia or ulcer history, nothing.

Looking for a believable story that requires only the briefest of explanations story.

I have virtually no medical knowledge so I'm not able to do any improvision.

Tks all.

if you have to tell them something-- tell them you had your gall bladder out. Then hope and pray you dont need to have it out for real anytime soon. :)

I feel compelled to respond to your post because your story is similar to mine. I literally became a prisoner in my own house because of the self loathing I had for myself and I missed so many special events as a result. I told people that I was having gallbladder surgery. People asked very few questions. I may one day choose to share my story with more people but for now I don't feel comfortable sharing with everyone. With gallbladder surgery it is also laparoscopic and similar recovery time. good luck

My surgery is in two months. I have shared with two "non-judgemental' friends and for now, that's it. I still heard, "Are you sure there's no other way?" I'll exercise with you" People can't understand the fighting arguing and disgust in my head. They can't know how it feels to want to be invisible in a room. I missed a good friend's wedding as I couldn't stand to be me in a room of beautiful successful people. For now, I opt to keep my decision private. Problem: I can't disappear for a week unnoticed. People will ask questions and I will fold under pressure. :( I am healthy with no history of stomach issues, other than 2 c-sections. No hernia or ulcer history, nothing. Looking for a believable story that requires only the briefest of explanations story. I have virtually no medical knowledge so I'm not able to do any improvision. Tks all.

Thankfully I'm goin to Mexico for my surgery, so I'm telling people That I'm going on vacation to California and I'm gonna spend a few days out there afterwards enjoying my recovery in the sun and warmth rather than back on the east coat where it will be cold and gloomy :)

you can always say you're having some kind of woman surgery, like a myomectomy (removal of uterine fibroids), or an ovarian cyst removed.

I have to give my 2 cents, coming out with my surgery was the best thing I ever did. The pre op diet was so obviously torture, that there's no way I could have played it off that it was my choice. Plus I have been able to give others hope that they too can do something to get hope back again.

Tink: thanks for the laugh!

Camilla: thanks for the details, that is going to be my story. and I'm stickin to it!

Cova: enjoy you're downtime in the sun, no way I can pull off a vacation. I think I'm the week before you at MI w Dr Garcia

Unbe: not ready to play advocate.

Thanks everyone, it's a load off!

I'm just saying I'm having woman trouble because I work with a bunch of men and as soon as you say woman trouble they don't want to know anything else. :) and I had a hysterectomy 11 years ago so I know that won't act up again.

I wouldn't tell any untruths but you certainly don't need to tell the entire truth. Just let them know you are having a medical procedure, you are fine but it's personal and you don't want to discuss it further. Period. Nothing else needs to be said.

Smile and leave it at that,

Ahem, I will be "going out of town" (Tijuana) for some "training" (surgery). That's the story for family so they won't worry about me disappearing for four days (husband and best friend know full scoop.)

At work I took some vacation days. I have a desk job and hope like hell I'm up to returning soon. Surgery is on a Thursday, returning to work Tursday.

Once u start losing some may put two and two together. Some. Rude folks may even ask u did u have surgery to lose the weight. Many will ask. What are u doing to lose so much weight. For those I didnt want to tell I said I eat 5 small meals a day and I am excersising that seemed to satisfy the curious

I wouldn't tell any untruths but you certainly don't need to tell the entire truth. Just let them know you are having a medical procedure, you are fine but it's personal and you don't want to discuss it further. Period. Nothing else needs to be said.

Smile and leave it at that,

I couldn't agree more! While I'm an open book I do understand the need to keep this private for some of you. I don't understand the desire to flat out lie! Tell them it's private or personal and leave it at that. Lying always catches up to you