Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 6 Post Op Eating Solid Food With No Problems! Is This Ok

What harsh and rude remarks? No one was either with you, that I can ascertain. Truthful, no nonsense, caring and a touch of tough love. However, you indulged in a bit of "shouting" back. ;)

I am going to echo earlier posters... Follow the food progression chart/directions that your doctor gave you and follow it faithfully. Every surgeon progresses their patients at different rates. Some keep new bandsters on liquids for two weeks. Or longer! Some progress you faster. The purpose of the odious post op diet is to aid in healing and let your band settle and get ready to rock it's job. Not to make up your own rules, second guess your surgeon and "test" your system. :)

My plan from my surgeon is: 48 hours Clear Liquids. Days 3 to 7 full liquids. Day 7 on for three weeks, mushies. I was banded on the 21st, had my first mushies this morning. Cream of Wheat for brekkie. I ate a fraction of what I normally would have and was so happy and satisfied with it. I love my band, already. :)

I am tempted as anyone to "sneak" a taste... Just one bite... But I am not and won't. I have come too far, made too huge a change to revert to my old b*llsh*t thinking about food and what I am doing about it. I also refuse to jeopardize my healing and long term well being for food I shouldn't eat just because I think I can or to prove a point either to myself or others. Just seems a nonsense reason to cause yourself possible harm :)

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. :)

I'm only 8 days post op and I'm following my dr instructions. Before I was banded I made sure I knew all the odds and ends about it. The reason why it is so important to follow your drs instructions is it gets your stomach used to having the band around it. It also acclimates your body to a new eating habit. Ik it's not fun being ion such a strange diet but it doesn't last forever. I really hope your journey goes well. Good luck

Again thank you for your comment at The Icy One. I am now on the mushies as well but chose to maintain the stick with the liquids. Your probably older than I so your healing would probably be different than mine. Everyone does not heal the same an as far as me saying rude one comment to me was rude. But again I'm a BIG GIRL love the feedback and is here for support!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

Again thank you for your comment at The Icy One. I am now on the muskies as well but chose to maintain the stick with the liquids. Your probably older than I so your healing would probably be different than mine. Everyone does not heal the same an as far as me saying rude one comment to me was rude. But again I'm a BIG GIRL love the feedback and is here for support!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

Someone pass me my walker. :P I probably am older than you, Undertaker1220. I am forty-nine. However, my advanced age doesn't seem to be having a negative impact on my recovery. I feel as if I am bouncing back beautifully, just as I did after my two previous surgeries. The last one was in March... So two major surgeries in one year and this old, decrepit broad is still going strong. And for the record, my post op diet is the same one given to all of the patients at my surgeon's practice. Yep, even the whipper snappers. ;) #getoffmylawn

I am all about giving support and encouragement but I don't sugar coat and tell someone that potentially harmful behavior is okay. I also don't make snide, backhanded comments and baseless assumptions based on someone's age. There are plenty of people much younger than myself who have a much tougher time of surgery and recovery than I have. Just saying. ;)

Again thank you for your comment at The Icy One. I am now on the muskies as well but chose to maintain the stick with the liquids. Your probably older than I so your healing would probably be different than mine. Everyone does not heal the same an as far as me saying rude one comment to me was rude. But again I'm a BIG GIRL love the feedback and is here for support!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

Someone pass me my walker. :P I probably am older than you, Undertaker1220. I am forty-nine. However, my advanced age doesn't seem to be having a negative impact on my recovery. I feel as if I am bouncing back beautifully, just as I did after my two previous surgeries. The last one was in March... So two major surgeries in one year and this old, decrepit broad is still going strong. And for the record, my post op diet is the same one given to all of the patients at my surgeon's practice. Yep, even the whipper snappers. ;) #getoffmylawn

I am all about giving support and encouragement but I don't sugar coat and tell someone that potentially harmful behavior is okay. I also don't make snide, backhanded comments and baseless assumptions based on someone's age. There are plenty of people much younger than myself who have a much tougher time of surgery and recovery than I have. Just saying. ;)

your old broad made me smile..you crazy girl LOL

OMG so funny. Icy One, you are hilarious -- thank you from the bottom of my 52 year old heart. Hell, I'm just getting started!

OMG so funny. Icy One, you are hilarious -- thank you from the bottom of my 52 year old heart. Hell, I'm just getting started!

:D

Um never ask you to sugar coat SH*T at THE ICY ONE and I dont have to sneek comments what come up comes out if Im coming off on here as rude is because you and the some of your ppl where rude to me, not all but some, a SIMPLE QUESTION is all I ask not for any ones OPINION, And by the way your not the only one that has had two major surgeries within a year Ive had three so you point!!! YES GET YOUR WALKER YOUR PROBABLY GOING TO NEED IT HERE SOON!!! You and the rest of your friends on here.*SMILE* ;) NOW THATS BEING RUDE. (ALL CAPS)...CARRY ON AND DO NOT CARE TO READ YOUR REPLY YOURS AND NO ONE ELSES UNLESS, AT THE THIS I ASKED THIS QUESTION IT WAS BENEFICIAL TO ME!!! ;)

let me say, i dont think anyone was rude by reading over the post again...

advising someone to listen to their dr and follow their dr instructions (via pre and post op)

is not only the correct thing to do but its the right thing do...and if someone chooses not to listen to their own d's advice, well, i believe those people will struggle...its major surgery..not a manicure appt...for best results, we all, no matter what WLS has, need to do what our dr's advised us to do...

you asked a question..you got responses...

i wish you nothing but the best on your journey to better health.

At CarolinaGirl actually your post to me came off a little rude and again I appreciate your feedback, I got this surgery just like the rest of you did for a reason and Im following my Dr's order if your re-read thru the my post then you too would have known I was getting ready for the mushies the next day just started earlier and havent had any since then Ive sticking to Soups, popsicles for now. I didnt have the same diet plan as most of you probably had 1-2 liquids 2nd week mushies if tolerated my mushies was a piece of broiled chicken chewed very well...Thank you again, I dnt like to come off like this and no hard feelings my way maybe I should have reworded my post *Smile*

well, if me saying for best results its best to follow your dr;s instructions, then i am rude..but i am also right.

i will continue to say that to any and everyone.

hang in there.

seems to me if you are concerned about eating then you already know the answer to your question... that was a little rude comment.....but hey its over and done with and as always thank you for the advice!!! *smile*