Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2014 Sleevers?

Anybody else get really bad cramps right after you take a drink of something? It's making it really hard for me to get close to my liquid requirements :-/

I get that! It doesn't happen if I take super tiny sips or just suck on ice. I'm thinking about freezing my Isopure clear Protein and chew the ice to get my protein!

Anybody else get really bad cramps right after you take a drink of something? It's making it really hard for me to get close to my liquid requirements :-/

Yup. But they will lessen over time. I still get them occasionally, but not nearly as bad or as often. I'm only 9 days out, and they've lessened a bunch.

14 days post op...got home from my second hospital stay two days ago. I have a picc line in my arm which is incorrectly placed and causing me chest pain..Also one line is clogged or kinked and cannot be flushed. All of my food I'm getting through 24 hour intravenous infusions. Filled with regret and really depressed.

It's very hard for me to be positive and upbeat. I haven't really been getting my fluids or Protein in so I'm worried about what my two week update will entail. Just know that I'm keeping you in my thoughts and here if you wanna talk.

April

It's very hard for me to be positive and upbeat. I haven't really been getting my fluids or Protein in so I'm worried about what my two week update will entail. Just know that I'm keeping you in my thoughts and here if you wanna talk. April

April I'm sorry your having such a bad time! Your upbeat posts and great humor always made my day on here!! I hope things get better for you soon ! Maybe at your two week they can figure something out. My doc told me anytime I felt like I needed it to just come in for some Iv fluids. Maybe a little hydration boost would help you?

It's very hard for me to be positive and upbeat. I haven't really been getting my fluids or Protein in so I'm worried about what my two week update will entail. Just know that I'm keeping you in my thoughts and here if you wanna talk.

April

Have you called your doc about not being able to get hardly any nutrition or fluids in?? You really should! You don't want your body to shut down while it's trying yo heal from this surgery.

<3 you girl! But somethings gotta give, and it shouldn't be your health.

I'd almost rather do ANYTHING than have another IV. The thought literally makes me feel like I'm gonna faint.

So, I've figured out that my tiny tummy will hold 3 ounces of RTD shake. Not a drop more. Same with cream Soups, yogurt or pudding. I just have to premeasure everything. Which is fine. It can hold more if it's like propel or a clear liquid. So I am going to try to stay hydrated above all else. The first 2 weeks my doc stresses hydration above all else so that's what I'm gonna focus on. I honestly don't think my tummy is ready to process a lot more than that yet.

I have a funky metallic taste in my mouth that I thought might be ketosis, but I doubt it since I'm putting milk in my cream soups. My tastes have already changed. Sweet stuff gags me. It's way too sweet. I love plain Water, now it hurts.

I'm actually not disappointed in my results. I'm glad I can only hold such a small amount right now and that my tastes have changed. The only thing that scares me is my Fluid intake. I actually think I'm going to focus each morning on my fluids and start my day that way until I get into a routine.

I know I seem to complain a lot and I'm sorry it seems that way. I'm just more or less trying to update on where I'm at. Lol

Even though I am struggling in certain areas I'd do this all over again. In an instant. I'm just trying to figure out my groove :)

April

Thinking of you, girly! Been noticing you're not on here much. So sorry you're having a rough time. I was too. Had an emotional breakdown myself yesterday thinking about how much I've given up - diet coke, coffee, and especially cigarettes. I wanted to smoke so bad yesterday and I literally sobbed about it. All I can say and think is that this will be all worth it eventually.

Please let me know if you need anyone to talk to. Here for you. <3

Is anyone taking something daily for Constipation ? I know this is TMI but I am having a very hard time with this . What works best ??

Is anyone taking something daily for Constipation ? I know this is TMI but I am having a very hard time with this . What works best ??

I don't have that problem now but I know lots of people drink Smooth Move tea or mix Miralax into liquid and drink it.

I called my dr's office cuz I was having the same problem. They told me to add benefiber to my liquids and take a Dulcolax. I did and it worked for me.

Two days post-op! I will add a must have item for home post-op if you are a side or stomach sleeper... Body Pillow! It felt so good to lay on my side with the pillow supporting my lap sites! It is true that the pain gets worse 2 days post-op.

Amen to that! sleeping on my back right now is a terrible thing but on the side with my body pillow is letting me get some good sleep, that and my lazyboy chair. I just finished my 1st walk around the culdesac and feel good but tired! I can't wait until it stops hurting to swallow, at two days post surgery I know I just have to be patient.

Thanks April and Glitter! I am def going to go shopping to get some relief!!

So my super awesome parting gifts from surgery apart from losing 10 pounds since Monday (holy sh!t!!!!!) is a nice yeast infection, and lovely rash that won't quit from my binder. Thankfully the yeast infection doesn't itch, and the rash isn't awful, it's just not going away.

I also went out today without my binder on. Walking around was just fine. Sitting in the car, not so much. I had to recline my seat to low rider status, and then it wasn't so awful.

I wish I had a binder I feel like I have to walk around holding my insides in lol