Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 Mexico Sleevers!

I am getting sleeved on Feb 11th with Dr. Cabrera....I am excited and ready. Let me know if anyone else is getting sleeved during that time.....

I am getting sleeved on Feb 11th with Dr. Cabrera....I am excited and ready. Let me know if anyone else is getting sleeved during that time.....

My sister and I are having surgery on the 10th with Dr. Cabrera as well! We're flying in Sunday!

I'm getting more nervous and having weird dreams about the surgery. After all the surgery I have had I can't believe I'm so worried. I'm sure the flying half way around the world and back on top is just getting me anxious!

Lots of activity and plenty of people getting sleeved today. You are all in my thoughts! Hang in there and good luck on the losing bench. I'll join you soon!

It's so funny- when I started this thread, I felt like there was nobody getting sleeved in Mexico in February LOL now I see how many people and it's incredible! The countdown is really on for me, I leave on Saturday to go to Mexico and my surgery is on Monday with Dr. Arielle Ortiz. I will be staying at the Marriott in Tijuana while I recover. You will be there at the same time, send me a private message and we can exchange email addresses. I won't be using my cell phone while there but I will be able to send emails or FaceTime.

I am scheduled for 2/24 with Dr. Aceves in Mexicali. I started a week early on his 6 day pre-op diet to prepare myself for the lifestyle change. Bye Bye Diet Pepsi & the drive-thru.

I am scheduled for 2/24 with Dr. Aceves in Mexicali. I started a week early on his 6 day pre-op diet to prepare myself for the lifestyle change. Bye Bye Diet Pepsi & the drive-thru.

Lol I started trying to do my pre-op diet over a month in advance bc I was worried it would be hard for me to adopt. Honestly it hasn't been too hard especially now as I'm nearing the end of my two week pre-op diet because I'm totally ready for this part of my life :-) i'm going to be 30! It's time to put myself and my health first. Best of luck to you! Can't wait to hear how everyone does after their surgeries.

It's so funny- when I started this thread, I felt like there was nobody getting sleeved in Mexico in February LOL now I see how many people and it's incredible! The countdown is really on for me, I leave on Saturday to go to Mexico and my surgery is on Monday with Dr. Arielle Ortiz. I will be staying at the Marriott in Tijuana while I recover. You will be there at the same time, send me a private message and we can exchange email addresses. I won't be using my cell phone while there but I will be able to send emails or FaceTime.

I had mine done there 8 days ago. Went perfect. I have a bit I heart burn now. But I'm working on it with some new meds. Good luck.

I had mine done there 8 days ago. Went perfect. I have a bit I heart burn now. But I'm working on it with some new meds. Good luck.

So glad to hear that! I'm getting nervous! I fly out on Saturday... what was your starting weight, if you don

t mind me asking. were you able to lose what you needed to pre-op? I'm only have lost 10lbs so far in a week and a half (started my 2 week pre op last monday.) down 25 lbs total. was hoping to be down 30lbs before surgery. :\

That's so good to hear! Glad everything went well I'm starting to get nervous now since I fly out a less than two days! My surgery is on Monday.. Did you have to lose a lot of weight before your surgery? So far in my two week pre-op I've only lost about 10 or 11 pounds, I was hoping for about 15 pounds. Did you travel alone or with someone?

I had my surgery 2 days ago in Tijuana with dr. Ponce de leon. It all went very fast. I got to the hospital at around 12:30 pm, the staff took me up to my room and told me to get changed. A nurse came in and put in my IV, then I had bloodwork done and a quick ekg...about 5 minutes later they wheeled me up to the OR and I walked in, met the "medicine man", & then I was out. To be honest I havent had any terrible pain, but my stomach is tender...hot Water bottle has helped. I did travel on my own and its been fine, but there have been a couple times where I wish my spouse had been with me, but I do realize that he wouldnt be able to do anything for me other than just be there for company...if that makes sense. The Doctors and nurses at INT hospital were very attentive and were always checking up on me. I would definately try to learn a few key words of spanish or bring a phone with google translate on it with you so that you can communicate your needs better if you dont speak any spanish at all.

As for two days out...Im not comfortable, but Im not in pain either...Im sure everyday will get better. Worst part for me (outside of having my iv veigns collapse 4 times - yep...4 times ...I have deep little veigns) was having my drain taken out...blech (be prepared...but know its only momentary). I havent had any naseau and like I said, gas pains are tollerable for me).

Good luck! Youll do just fine!!!

I am scheduled to be sleeved the same day with Dr. Elias Ortiz at Mi Doctor

Please keep me up to date as your surgery gets closer and with your surgery I'm set for April 15, 2014!! Can't wait to hear your experience!

Sleeve revision in Tijuana at Obesitynot4me with Drs. Alberto & Rafael Michel tomorrow 2/14/14

Diabetes is killing me!

So glad to hear that! I'm getting nervous! I fly out on Saturday... what was your starting weight, if you don

t mind me asking. were you able to lose what you needed to pre-op? I'm only have lost 10lbs so far in a week and a half (started my 2 week pre op last monday.) down 25 lbs total. was hoping to be down 30lbs before surgery. :\

Good luck. It's all pretty easy. My starting weight was 213 and I'm 5"1. I was suppost to loose 10-20 lbs and I lost 20. Only lost 8 on my preop liquid diet. They don't seem a bit concerned about the amt lost pre op. What was your starting weight?

Good luck. It's all pretty easy. My starting weight was 213 and I'm 5"1. I was suppost to loose 10-20 lbs and I lost 20. Only lost 8 on my preop liquid diet. They don't seem a bit concerned about the amt lost pre op. What was your starting weight?

My starting weight was 288. I started trying to lose weight when i booked my surgery back in November. As of this morning, I've lost 26 lbs including my 2 week pre-op diet.