Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugh. Second Day Of Protein Shakes

My sleeve surgery is set for 12/9 and I'm so ready. I had a band in 2007 with lots of issues. Two port replacements and finally a slip. I lost 80 pounds with the band and managed to keep 68 of those off even when the band failed. The band came out this April and I had to do entire program plus extra requirements because its my second surgery. Everything is in place and I feel like this is it for me. I have lots of obesity relayed health issues. I am on day 2 of my Protein Shake diet and I just want to whine. Was it Linda Rondstat that sang "poor poor poor me. Poor poor pitiful me?". The 9th can not come soon enough!

I sure do wish I was poor poor pitiful you:)

Yeah, the shakes are what they are. I found if I tried to keep them interesting by adding flavored sugar-free syrups it helped. Torani makes a whole like of sugar free syrups that we can add to our shakes. My favorite is the Peppermint. Hot or cold, I love it in the winter. Also try adding PB2 , excellent Peanut Butter flavor. Try theworldaccordingtoeggface.com for shake ideas. Also search these boards, people can get very creative. It's not forever and you'll be starting 2014 newly sleeved and fabulous!! Good luck!

I found that my taste buds have become accustom to the two flavors I chose. I started the shakes on 11/22/13 and had all of my pre-op work done today 11/26/13. I lost 12 lbs. in 3 days. As I got dressed this morning wanting to find the light article of clothing, I placed a belt that only has three holes around my upper waist and it fell down. So I placed it in the very last hole and it continued to fall. Yes, I received the first feeling of success when it came to being relieved of my weight. I said all this just to let you know you rock and this too shall pass....envision that body and health you desire and chug those shakes down. I will be sleeved on 12/5/13. I have a countdown on my iPhone that is counting down until my surgery date and I smile from ear to ear with each hour that passes. Because I know I'm closer and closer. Great luck yo you and stay encouraged! You can do this!

I found that my taste buds have become accustom to the two flavors I chose. I started the shakes on 11/22/13 and had all of my pre-op work done today 11/26/13. I lost 12 lbs. in 3 days. As I got dressed this morning wanting to find the light article of clothing, I placed a belt that only has three holes around my upper waist and it fell down. So I placed it in the very last hole and it continued to fall. Yes, I received the first feeling of success when it came to being relieved of my weight. I said all this just to let you know you rock and this too shall pass....envision that body and health you desire and chug those shakes down. I will be sleeved on 12/5/13. I have a countdown on my iPhone that is counting down until my surgery date and I smile from ear to ear with each hour that passes. Because I know I'm closer and closer. Great luck yo you and stay encouraged! You can do this!

Keep up the great work............ Only advice is don't buy to many shakes before surgery cause ur taste buds can change.... What shakes I liked before I can't stand now.....

I feel your pain! My surgery is also on Dec. 9th and I'm on day 2 of my pre-op diet. I'm not on a liquid diet, just low carbs.... but limiting myself to 40g of carbs a day has been very difficult. I'm pretty miserable! I can't imagine being on a liquid-only diet. My classes are winding down and I have a lot of final papers and exams to get through before my surgery, so I'm already under a lot of stress, and not having food to help me 'cope' is frustrating.

But don't worry, we can get through this! :)

I do specifically remember days 2 and 3 being the worst for me emotionally..... Hang in there.... Once you get past that hurdle the rest goes a lot easier.

I will also echo others and say don't stock up on too much before surgery. I went way overboard and bought a ton of Protein shakes, puddings, jellos, Soups, etc and found that I liked very few of them. I ended up throwing out a whole bunch.