Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2013 Post Op

I'm so thankful for this forum. I'm 3 days post op and wondering if this was worth it. Unfortunately my pain management was never really under control due to the fact everything that was prescribed was an IM injection and the first time the nurse gave it to me, She got me in the knee! Already being in enough pain I refused the morphine all together. Now that I'm finally on oral pain medication, I think it's getting better, but I'm having a rough start!

Hi Kremmell welcome and congratulations, hope your feeling better. I had surgery on the 12th and I'm almost back to myself. It does get easier.

Thanks Janifer for starting the Nov group! Now if I could just figure out how to get around on this site! LOL

MY BYPASS WAS THE 18th... My rebirth day... Happy Focus on my Family Day to everyone! Dyan

Hi Kremmell welcome and congratulations, hope your feeling better. I had surgery on the 12th and I'm almost back to myself. It does get easier.

I got banded on the 12th. 16days post op and feeling great. Sticking to the rules and eating is so much easier :-) how are you getting on?

I had surgery November 19th and I feel great. Stomach is still a little tender but all is well. I go for my two week check up on Monday and I hopefully start mechanical soft foods

Thanks Janifer for starting the Nov group! Now if I could just figure out how to get around on this site! LOL<br>

MY BYPASS WAS THE 18th... My rebirth day... Happy Focus on my Family Day to everyone! Dyan

Thank you Birthsjourney for your kind words. Congrats on your surgery and joining us on the bench! Trust me I too am still trying to navigate around this site????! Lol! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your loved ones. Please keep us posted on your WL journey.

Gobble gobble gobble Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Yea for the November Surgeries... So much to be grateful for! Many blessings to you all this wonderful day with our loved ones!

Hi all..I'm 10 days post op and feeling better in some ways and lousy in other ways..mostly I think it's the liquid diet that's killing me:( can't wait to add in some pureed foods! I feel weak and tired all the time from low calories! Protein Shakes have become difficult to drink as well..i know things will get better though:) oh and I'm down 17 lbs since surgery on 11/19!:)

I'm 2 days post-op. I am SO unbelievably sore. I honestly didn't think I would feel this sore. My stomach I can handle, it's pain in my shoulders that is driving me nuts! I've been told a bunch of times now that it is trapped gas from the surgery and I have to walk around to move it out. I'm taking Dilaudid for pain (which I find has been helping) and hot showers are a blessing. Today was easier than yesterday. I just want to feel a little like myself again!

I needed stronger pain meds my first four days....and then after a week, I was able to use normal pain meds....it does get better. It's a very personal thing: some are back to work after a week, some take longer to heal. Keep moving your shoulders and walking. You'll feel like yourself before you know ut.

Anybody else still on a post-op liquid diet? I haven't even come close to fluid goals let alone Protein goals. I feel so sick and I think it's bc I'm not getting enough in. I was able to get my first Protein Shake in today at 15g. I'm almost a week out of surgery. Any suggestions?

I'm 3 weeks out (1 month on the 5th) and still on liquid diet. I couldn't handle the Protein Shakes I had so I got the intek brand that has 30g for just 4-6oz and I got the Cookies and creme flavor and I mix it with almond milk. Goes down much easier and I have one for Breakfast and dinner. I'm not getting anywhere near enough Water but at least I'm getting Protein and I've found it does make me feel better.

After two weeks on liquids I was told to then go on to two weeks mushy food, which I'm on now. I find my band is accepting everything I eat/drink. I find I can also eat more than I thought, I can eat a whole childs bowl of something like fish pie. Is anyone else having this problem and do you think its because the mushy food goes through easier?

I'm still on stage 3 liquids. I'm on them for 2 weeks post op. My first week is over and to be honest like everything else over the past few months - this too shall pass. My first few days were really rough trying to get Proteins and fluids in. I didn't feel like putting anything in my mouth. Now, I'm doing better. Today is day 8 post op. There are no other words to describe how I feel except - FANTASTIC. I haven't experienced getting up and feeling no pain in my joints in probably, years. I have so much energy and am happy. I am able to bend down without hearing my knees crack, able to walk a little without getting winded - I can't believe the amount of change I feel only from a little weight loss.

I know someone said they were struggling with getting Proteins and fluids in. I can say this - I drink from sun up to sun down. I always have something nearby to drink whether it be a Protein shake or Water. Remember to that things like Decaf tea, Jello, broth are all liquids so count them! I have found the Protein shakes I thought were great, I can barely stomach anymore. After switching it up again, I am able to drink more and it tastes better.

Other than my incisions being a little sore, my stomach feels pretty good. I had a lot of shoulder pain in the beginning and that passed after a couple days thank goodness!! My hw: 345. I was 322 the day or surgery. This morning, I weighed in at 311. I consider 11 pounds in one week a win. And I'm still fat. Go figure!! Lol - I desperately wanna see the 200's on my scale.

Princess - I had gastric bypass and am still on liquids however, I can eat yogurt and I notice with yogurt that I can eat the whole cup!! It takes me a little but I can do it - I've heard people call these slider foods. Some foods of down easier. I don't know the ins and outs of band patients, but I would think that it is more normal than not.

4 days post-op and this is not what I imagined. This first few days has been tough. Praying it gets greater later.

Trust me it will get better