Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All Appts Done Minus Psych Eval.

I think I am hesitating bc after I make that appt, I will most likely get my surgery date. Which is what I want of course, but I still have a fear of failing.

I mean, what if I go through ALL of this and still fail. Just like all the other times? On the other hand, I want more than anything to succeed, ya know?

We all have the fear of failing. But this may also be fear of the unknown also. I had the same type of issue. I was thinking of all the food I would be missing out on instead of the better health and way of life I was about to experience. I'm diabetic and am now controlling it with my diet and exercise alone. No more medication. I feel a lot better and have found a bunch of useful recipes on the site that I can make. Aside from the liquids for three weeks after surgery that I had to endure it has been the best thing I have done for myself. You can and will succeed. If I can do it, you can do it also. Good luck with the rest of your journey and please keep us updated here. Can't wait to hear about your success.

I think most people have that moment of pause whenever they've completed all or almost all of the requirements and surgery is very close. I know I did. Whenever I had that moment I just went back to my list of all the reasons I wanted to go through with it. As far as the fear of failing, we all had that and HAVE that now (at least I do) to some extent. I think the biggest thing for me is that this really is NOT another diet fad. This is a complete change of lifestyle and a complete change in your relationship with food.

Good point. I actually think of my Dad that passed away at 63. At 39 I'm healthy, aside from the weight. I learned recently how much weight can be a big factor long term to other illness/decease. I don't want to feel great today and pay for it later.

Got my psych appt lined up for Monday. Got my BA in psychology but nervous about breaking down and crying.

In other news, in 2 weeks I've lost, a pound. :-/ Errrr, yeah. At least it's progress. NUT cut me down to 1400 calories a day. I drink 18 cups of Water a day, but I struggle with that 1400. All in all, I'm coming along. I can see the light at the end of tunnel. I've come to far to turn back now!

I'm looking forward to the stage that LilBootch is talking about. Preparing for surgery I still get to eat some of this I won't be able to in a couple weeks. That last week before surgery will mostly be liquids. Then I'm pretty much on Protein Drinks a day (with sugar-&free Popsicles for variety) for day 1 after surgery to day 14. From the 15-30th I understand I'll be able to eat soft foods and expand the variety a little. I'll be looking for some 'step it up a notch' ideas from my nutritionalist to take away some boredom of the same two flavored of Protein drinks. Anything you 'lomg-termers' have picked up will help us newbies through the first couple weeks.

I'm a week sleeved today and it's been great......... I also had the same fears... It's normal........ The more I asked questions and read stories the better it was for me..... Good luck.........

Update. Had my psych appt. That chic almost made me cry! Had some "stuff" she asked me about and was a little caught of guard. My baby had me up several times last night and I was extremely fatigued! I feel as if I rambled on and on without really saying what I wanted to say. (like now maybe?) I'm feeling really vulnerable having shared personal details with a stranger. I've hardly eaten anything today bc I feel SO exposed. Pray for me. :-/

Take a big deep breath. They are instructed to touch raw nerves. You're not alone in finding the interrogation uncomfortable - particularly given the fact you had little or no sleep the night before.

This is not a bad thing, you know. It means you're human.

Chin up, honey. We're all the same and whether or not you believe it right now - you were probably very cogent and articulate.

Hang in there :)

Update. Had my psych appt. That chic almost made me cry! Had some "stuff" she asked me about and was a little caught of guard. My baby had me up several times last night and I was extremely fatigued! I feel as if I rambled on and on without really saying what I wanted to say. (like now maybe?) I'm feeling really vulnerable having shared personal details with a stranger. I've hardly eaten anything today bc I feel SO exposed. Pray for me. :-/

Girl I had a good night sleep and still cried...... She made me realize something I never realized before......... If was a very intense visit....... Remember ur never alone....

First off, Let me just say thank you for your responses! I haven't been able to make it to any local support groups yet. So as far as people being able to relate, this is it. It REALLY helps to know someone has been through the same emotions. She emphasized the fact that I don't get nearly enough sleep and told me "she was hearing me say," I was overwhelmed. Isn't every Mom overwhelmed thouth? We have five children, how else would I be, lol?

You're right. Do tell me, has this psych got kids herself?!!

One, singular two year old?

Uhuh.. Well, when she has 5 to look after 24/7, she can then comment with authority about what 'feeling overwhelmed' is like?!

I can appreciate she's probably trying to give you an opportunity to 'open up' and 'explore' that aspect - but unless you have maids and a nanny and an army of helpers - of course you're going to feel up against it. Statements of the bloody obvious!

Sorry, stupid statements like that make me feel militant :D