Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Long Is Surgery For A Revision From Band To Sleeve?

I having my revision surgery on 11/27/13 from Band to Sleeve and was wondering with no complications how long the surgery was?

I was in about 4 41/2 hours I think, that was to remove the band, repair a hiatal hernia and do the sleeve.

Mine was 2.5 hours it it also included the removal of the band (I had zero scar tissue), hernia repair, and the sleeve.

What do you mean by hernia repair? Is it common to get a hernia with the band? Because right now where my port is feels swollen and if I turn or bend the wrong way it feels like a sharp pinch or stabbing, pulling feeling right where my port is. not sure how to explain it lol. I am just hoping it's nothing serious and my surgery go's easy on the 27th.

A hiatal hernia is when your stomach bulges up through your diaphragm, that is the cause of reflux and heartburn. They are common in most overweight people and usually most do not even know they have one. It is standard practice for my surgeon to fix it if you have one though this may not be the case with others so you may want to ask.

My revision was a little over 2 hours with no hernia repair. I had tons of scar tissue though and an incredible surgeon or it could have been longer. Good news....no complications at all and so happy to get band out to revision to sleeve. I have not thrown up once with the sleeve and I was vomiting everyday with the band. You will be so much happier, I will be thinking good thoughts for you on surgery day.

My surgery took about 2 hours. Band to Sleeve revision.

I had my revision on 11/27/13 and it was 5 hours to remove the band and do the sleeve. I had a TON of scar tissue.

Too bad we don't know if we have scar tissue until they get in there. blah.

Wow 5 hours. I'm sorry to hear that. How are you feeling? I had a lot of scar tissue as well and had a band to sleeve revision. My surgery took 90 minutes, however there were 2 surgeons working on me.

Recovery was hard. I stayed in recovery for 4 hours and I remember yelling help me at one point because of the pain. Day 1 and 2 were horrible. After day 2 it turned into a much easier recovery than either of my previous abdominal surgeries.

Best of luck to you!

My revision took about 90 minutes. I was lucky and had very little scar tissue and I was surprised to find that I didn't have a hernia after throwing up every day for almost three years. My recovery has been easier than the band. I have little pain worth mentioning other than gas pain and feeling a little sore. Very happy with my decision!

My revision from band to sleeve took 3 hrs. But I also had tons of scar tissue from the band being in for ten yrs. plus he fixed a hernia and yanked the ol gallbladder. First two days were rough. Day three was a big improvement in fact I rode seven hours home and went shopping at Walmart. Feeling much better now. Walking is the key.

My revision from band to sleeve took 3 hrs. But I also had tons of scar tissue from the band being in for ten yrs. plus he fixed a hernia and yanked the ol gallbladder. First two days were rough. Day three was a big improvement in fact I rode seven hours home and went shopping at Walmart. Feeling much better now. Walking is the key.

So how are you feeling now? Hope all is well.

My surgery is in 5 days and I have had the lapband in since 04, can not wait to have it removed.

Mine was just a couple of hours. It included band removal, hernia repair and sleeve. From what my dr. said prior to surgery it will just depend on what is found once inside. I know I'm not the typical and things have gone very well for me.