Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thinking Of Having The Sleeve Done , But Im Scared Any Words Of Wisdom ?

<p>You will totally get used to not eating much, and after about 6-9 months your sleeve will relax (ie swelling will go down) and you will be able to consume more. I'm 3+ years post-op and usually my meals consist of 3-4 oz of Protein and 1-2 ounces of other (veggie, whole grains, fruit, etc.) Congrats on your sleeve, sounds like you are feeling great!</p>

Thanks for the support. I guess everyone goes through this and I'm glad to hear it's going to get more normal over time!

Yes it will get more normal, but it will never be what it was pre-op. However, I have to say that eating this way IS completely normal for me now, and it does take some getting used to. You will never again go to a restaurant and not box up leftovers from an entree. Only if you can order something from al la carte (like 2 eggs or something like that will you NOT need a box!)

I *wish* I could have been able to eat like this pre-sleeve, but having a whole stomach, yeah, well, notsomuch. I'm rarely frustrated by the Portion Control my sleeve enforces, usually it makes me quite happy! The first couple of months are the hardest and then it gets easier. :)

Edited by M2G

I'm 4 weeks post op and loving it. I was fortunate to have no side effects whatsoever. I can drink quickly and love the Portion Control. I'm just starting to eat more normal food but I don't miss it at all.

I have one more appt. with my surgeon, but I'm still undecided about the sleeve. I'm going to be honest, I'm a drinker and I need to know how's the sleeve working out for those who drink?

Lady D -- alcohol may be a no-no for the first 6 months after sleeve or bypass. SOME programs are less strict. I do NOT know about the band, so I can't comment.

A second concern is "transferring" a food addiction to an alcohol addiction... And that is a concern with ALL weight loss!!!

And I LOVE wine -- I have a substantial wine collection. At 6 months "T'Giving" I has two glasses of nice wine and at Christmas I will again, but I have work to do, and a lot of alcohol is not on my plan.

I have one more appt. with my surgeon, but I'm still undecided about the sleeve. I'm going to be honest, I'm a drinker and I need to know how's the sleeve working out for those who drink?

I'm so worried about down time I have a high level job and down time has to be minimal , how was the recovery , oh and p.s I'm a big baby when it comes to pain ? On a scale of 1 to omg what did I do. How would you rate it. , ;-)

You know, I was one of the lucky ones, no bad experiences. Came home after two nights in hospital on a Friday. Went to work half days on the following Wed and then full days the next week. Drug out, yes. Sick, no. Pain, very, very little! Tired, yes. But, overall, nothing like I imagined. And it's all uphill from there! Good luck!

its been 16 day since i was sleeved , and today i had a scrambled egg for the first time in 3 weeks ,i got to say i wasn't looking forward to it, i guess after 3 weeks of not eating and only drinking you get used to it , it went down easy and i have to say i couldn't finish it , LoL this coming from a guy that could easily eat three eggs in one sitting , I'm down 23LBS already ? thank you for the support and answers that you just cant get anywhere else ,

its been 16 day since i was sleeved , and today i had a scrambled egg for the first time in 3 weeks ,i got to say i wasn't looking forward to it, i guess after 3 weeks of not eating and only drinking you get used to it , it went down easy and i have to say i couldn't finish it , LoL this coming from a guy that could easily eat three eggs in one sitting , I'm down 23LBS already ? thank you for the support and answers that you just cant get anywhere else ,

That's impressive. I am almost 4 mos out and still can't do eggs except fried. Great loss so far! Keep up the good work.