Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am going shopping for my post-op items. Once I am off Clear liquids, what should I buy? (My surgery is scheduled for November 21st and I am trying to plan ahead.)

Thanks!

I haven't had surgery yet. I am scheduled for the 21st. I just wanted to get my pantry stocked as much as I can before having surgery.

I haven't had surgery yet. I am scheduled for the 21st. I just wanted to get my pantry stocked as much as I can before having surgery.

You should get a detailed post op diet before surgery.

If you haven't received one then call your surgeon and ask for one. They all have different diets to follow so it's imperative you find out exactly what yours requires.

Best wishes.

Hi there, my protocol was one day clear then on to full liquids. Some people are on clear for much longer and mostly I found In these six days home mostly what I want is clear (I was banded last Tuesday). I have tried Protein Shakes a few times but don't want them. I have a favorite tea and I am enjoying that which gets a lot of Fluid in; I drink Water with a splash of cranberry and aloe -- my comfort drink. All goes down well for me -- have not had any problems with swallowing, etc. I have no fluid in my band. I've enjoyed broth -- that savory saltiness -- and yesterday I made egg drop Soup. Even though eggs are not on my list for a few more days, the surgeon made a hand-written addition of egg drop soup to the full liquids list. That was yummy -- I kept those strands of egg in my mouth a long time and worked at the whole slow slow slow thing. I only had a tiny bit but it was delicious. I set up a placemat and napkin, sat at the table with my husband, who had thirds on the soup. Unbanded me would have been right there with him! I don't do artificial sweeteners -- for me having a little bit of sugar is better than the other stuff so the Popsicles I have are higher in calories. But not that much and I am so under the allotment it's fine for now. So I've enjoyed a few pops every day. Favorite has been MiniteMaid soft lemonade which comes in a box half raspberry half lemon. Those are delicious and gone. Kids in the house have been enjoying as well. I did get some things in the fridge like Muscle Milk and another pre-made drink high in Protein but so far they are just sitting there. My hunger has not returned yet. Good luck to you -- we'll be thinking of you on the 21st!

Hi there

I am 5 days post op and still not hungry , my doctor said just 1 day clear liquid and then full liquid diet for 3 weeks, keep in mind all doctors are diferent , I have sugar free jelly, sugar free popsicles, Tomato juice, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury shakes with skin milk, Soups i drink creamy Soup once at day i add Water and make it like regular soup and drain it before eat it, cream of chicken , Tomato Soup also cream of mushroom low sodium and also broth ( beef and chicken) one thing I like is to make liquid oatmeal with skim milk and a dash of cinnamon in the morning and then mixed in the blender with the Unjury vanilla shake is delicius and it fell so good in the morning , also you will need tea and drink a lot of Water daily good luck in you surgery.:)

Hi there, my protocol was one day clear then on to full liquids. Some people are on clear for much longer and mostly I found In these six days home mostly what I want is clear (I was banded last Tuesday). I have tried Protein shakes a few times but don't want them. I have a favorite tea and I am enjoying that which gets a lot of Fluid in; I drink Water with a splash of cranberry and aloe -- my comfort drink. All goes down well for me -- have not had any problems with swallowing, etc. I have no Fluid in my band. I've enjoyed broth -- that savory saltiness -- and yesterday I made egg drop Soup. Even though eggs are not on my list for a few more days, the surgeon made a hand-written addition of egg drop soup to the full liquids list. That was yummy -- I kept those strands of egg in my mouth a long time and worked at the whole slow slow slow thing. I only had a tiny bit but it was delicious. I set up a placemat and napkin, sat at the table with my husband, who had thirds on the soup. Unbanded me would have been right there with him! I don't do artificial sweeteners -- for me having a little bit of sugar is better than the other stuff so the Popsicles I have are higher in calories. But not that much and I am so under the allotment it's fine for now. So I've enjoyed a few pops every day. Favorite has been MiniteMaid soft lemonade which comes in a box half raspberry half lemon. Those are delicious and gone. Kids in the house have been enjoying as well. I did get some things in the fridge like Muscle Milk and another pre-made drink high in Protein but so far they are just sitting there. My hunger has not returned yet. Good luck to you -- we'll be thinking of you on the 21st!

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I am so happy that you are doing well. Keep up the good work! On to a healthier you.

Hi there

I am 5 days post op and still not hungry , my doctor said just 1 day clear liquid and then full liquid diet for 3 weeks, keep in mind all doctors are diferent , I have sugar free jelly, sugar free popsicles, Tomato juice, Unjury shakes with skin milk, Soups i drink creamy Soup once at day i add Water and make it like regular soup and drain it before eat it, cream of chicken , Tomato Soup also cream of mushroom low sodium and also broth ( beef and chicken) one thing I like is to make liquid oatmeal with skim milk and a dash of cinnamon in the morning and then mixed in the blender with the unjury vanilla shake is delicius and it fell so good in the morning , also you will need tea and drink a lot of water daily good luck in you surgery.:)

I'm going to try your oatmeal tomorrow, thanks! Also forgot to mention those carton boxes of Imagine and Pacific brand organic soups are really yummy. We have them in the regular grocery store here. There's a creamy potato leek I've tried and a creamy mushroom. Organic, no dairy, etc. Only problem is I have a few spoonfuls and that's it. Today I had I a cooking fest and used up the opened cartons making stews, etc. for the family this week. I love to cook and am happy in the kitchen -- just no need to have the product myself, at least not now. I also steamed some beets and whizzed them up with a stick blender, adding plain yogurt to get the pourable consistency. This was absolutely delicious -- like a faux Borscht. I practiced eating with a baby spoon and the clock, one spoonful a minute.

Hi there, my protocol was one day clear then on to full liquids. Some people are on clear for much longer and mostly I found In these six days home mostly what I want is clear (I was banded last Tuesday). I have tried Protein Shakes a few times but don't want them. I have a favorite tea and I am enjoying that which gets a lot of Fluid in; I drink Water with a splash of cranberry and aloe -- my comfort drink. All goes down well for me -- have not had any problems with swallowing, etc. I have no fluid in my band. I've enjoyed broth -- that savory saltiness -- and yesterday I made egg drop Soup. Even though eggs are not on my list for a few more days, the surgeon made a hand-written addition of egg drop soup to the full liquids list. That was yummy -- I kept those strands of egg in my mouth a long time and worked at the whole slow slow slow thing. I only had a tiny bit but it was delicious. I set up a placemat and napkin, sat at the table with my husband, who had thirds on the soup. Unbanded me would have been right there with him! I don't do artificial sweeteners -- for me having a little bit of sugar is better than the other stuff so the Popsicles I have are higher in calories. But not that much and I am so under the allotment it's fine for now. So I've enjoyed a few pops every day. Favorite has been MiniteMaid soft lemonade which comes in a box half raspberry half lemon. Those are delicious and gone. Kids in the house have been enjoying as well. I did get some things in the fridge like Muscle Milk and another pre-made drink high in Protein but so far they are just sitting there. My hunger has not returned yet. Good luck to you -- we'll be thinking of you on the 21st!

Glad to hear your recovery is going well. Can't wait to get banded.