Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You May Be More Successful Than You Think....

Laura-ven, I have an even 100lbs to lose also... SW 240 CW 202 GW 140 So I guess that makes 38% loss? I'm 6 weeks out. Now I'd like to know the average % of loss in certain stages (after how long). :-)

I read your stats and I'm further convinced I'm a slow loser and fearful I will never reach goal. My surgery weight was 239. My current weight is 218. I'm seven weeks out. Surely I must be doing something wrong. DEPRESSING

I agree, but math wasn't behind my knowledge, (nor has it ever been). If you think about all the diets we've been on in our life.. The one true fact is, the closer to your goal the slower you lose. So, the less weight you have to lose the slower you do. I'm at that stubborn last 10 pounds and let me tll ya.. It's not giving in at all.

Gamergirl. You're right on the mark and everyone should be happy with they're loss.. Fast, slow, a lot or a little.. Just say bye bye poundage anyway you can

What do you want to be at goal weight?

hey GamerGirl! Didn't realize I left thay out. Sorry! My goal weight is 130.

thanks!!!

So if pre-op was 236, and current is 181.4, with goal at 136, then I'm 54.6%

Surgery weight was 219.8, current 181.4, goal 136 gives me 45.8%

Doc wants me at 60-65% of surgery weight by 6months visit. That means I have to lose 54.5 lbs that's 19 more lbs. I don't even know what 162lbs looks like anymore, but I can't wait to see it!

I just realized that I only have 45lbs to go before I hit goal. Wow! That is crazy hard to wrap my mind around.

I am so jealous of how quickly you are losing. How have you already lost 55 pounds?? I was sleeved 9/16, and I've only lost 21! Would you mind sending me a PM with your average daily food intake and exercise? I'd REALLY appreciate it!!

hey GamerGirl! Didn't realize I left thay out. Sorry! My goal weight is 130. thanks!!!

41% of the way there Chickie!

So if pre-op was 236, and current is 181.4, with goal at 136, then I'm 54.6% Surgery weight was 219.8, current 181.4, goal 136 gives me 45.8% Doc wants me at 60-65% of surgery weight by 6months visit. That means I have to lose 54.5 lbs that's 19 more lbs. I don't even know what 162lbs looks like anymore, but I can't wait to see it! I just realized that I only have 45lbs to go before I hit goal. Wow! That is crazy hard to wrap my mind around.

How cool is that, right??

I read your stats and I'm further convinced I'm a slow loser and fearful I will never reach goal. My surgery weight was 239. My current weight is 218. I'm seven weeks out. Surely I must be doing something wrong. DEPRESSING

It's too early to get depressed! Tell us what you're eating. Calories, Protein, Water, carbs.

Tell us how much you lost before the surgery on your pre-op. Do you have pcos, thyroid, or other things that could slow you down? Are you menopausal? Are you having a period right now? There are SO many things that matter for women, it's too early to be depressed.

Just so you know, I lost 21 lbs the first month including pre-op---and then only 7 lbs the next month. See the chart I posted in the original post. You're doing fine.

Hi patty, I havent really figured out the PMssging yet. But I can respond here :)

First I want to say I was sleeved 5/21 so almost 4 months before you. I am just bbarely figuring this eating business out. I try to have a daily plan. Then if I venture from it I know where my extra calories came from. MEANING, I get up every morning and while I drive my daughter to school I have a glass of FF milk. To get my metabolism going. Its like 16 grams of protien for 16 Fluid ounces and 172 calories. It takes me about 20 minutes but I drink it in the car. THEN I come home and do my morning excercise 2.5 miles brisk walking (35mins) and ddrink my first wwater bottle. Then I have Breakfast. Usually 2 scrambled eggs 1 turkey sausage patty. 200 calories, 20 grams of protien. Then an hour later water bottle number 2 and allll my Vitamins. About 1 I have a salad for lunch. Open nature turkey, ham, and some lf mozzarella for protien. Not alot of protien but salad but less than 250 calories even with dressing. But I measure tthe tblspn. Then I force another Water and have a protien snack at 4. Lite muscle milk or mini protien plus bar. And I suffer through another water. Man I hate water I think lol. Then at 7 I make myself 2 chicken tenderlions, 1oz of Beans, and 1 oz of veggies.

What I have found for me, is tthat the first few months I didnt know what to eat so I just ate whatever was close and usually I was starving at the time. Once I decided that these meals worked for me at these times for bodyfuel and tthat anything else was for my benefit it got alot easier. I was in a 6 week stall and as soon as I committed myself, and everytime I recommit I pull out of stall. So now coming on 6 months... I excercise 6days a week atleast 1 time for 30 minutes. On good days I bikeride now also. For 30 40 mins. I eat about every 3 4 hours. Mornings are easier for me. I log everything in MFP now I didnt before and I felt I was eating clean, but I wasnt. I was constantly sneaking things in my mouth!! So I average between 800 1000 calories and 175 is my morning milk! Also, I was constantly looking for people like me who drank twice a week and ate Cereal at night sometimesss...but guess what when I do that I stop losing. I stall. So now I drink once a wweek. AND I plan for it. I drink the water before cut out extra calories and log everyshot I take!!No calorie counts on swigs I checked!! I am just now on the side of losing again and its truly because I know I do have to work at it.

Also you are just a few weeks out and sounds llike you are doing great. Remember eat for fuel. Even if bbutterfiners are delicious, you dont technically NEED them. But if you hhave one and tomorrow want to jnow what you can improve on...start with those. Also when I realized I was avoiding protiens because they were uncomfortable and not fun to eat (yes thats there wholllle point) I started committing myself to that uncomfortable fullness. Thats what my body was craving.

41% of the way there Chickie!

Well, when you put it like that, I feel so much better!

Thanks for the new out look!!!

Aw I'm sorry you aren't losing as fast. But to be fair, I didn't lose 38lbs since surgery. I lost 23. It's just that I had a one week pre op diet and lost 15lbs that week before surgery. But I always just count the total amount of weight I lost for the procedure, one week pre op and post. Which total to 38lbs. So truthfully, it seems that we lose at about the same pace. Hang in there. We'll be fine.

Soo, we're talking percentages so it should work just as well with kgs?

11.4/50*100

22.8%! Sounds way more impressive than 11.4 kgs.

Starting weight: 264

Current weight: 204

Goal weight: 130

Thank you!

I am at 64% at 15 weeks out!

SW - 269

CW - 190

GW - 145

That is a great way to look at our loss! Thanks GamerGirl!