Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I falling back to old habits

I'm in the same boat. 4 mths post op and losing and gaining the same 2 lbs over the past month. While I started at a lower weight (174 - was a band revision) I think losing 22 lbs in 4 mths is a bit ridiculous. I had wls so I can quit dieting and counting calories to me is dieting. So I eat whatever I want just a few bites of it.

Now, after eating my previous words, I think I'm going to start counting calories, keeping it under 1000. I really would like to lose the 22 lbs I have to goal. And what I'm doing isn't working. Guess I'm gunna have to cut back on the carbs (cookies, Bagels, Cereal, etc) and increase my Protein.< /p>

Don't know what to tell u about smoothie King, since I live on the West Coast and I've never heard of them. We have Jamba juice and my fav smoothie (and it's 1/3 less calories than the regular) is 250 calories for a small. Way too much, unless it's Breakfast and then I'm hungry about an hour later. I think I'll leave smoothies for occasional treats.

Good luck to u!

the myfitness pal is a good way to track calories and Protein, etc. I think nuts are a good source of protein but like everything else they can be too high in sodium.. 3 cans a week are too much .. solid protein is what my nutritionist told me to do. try eating some chicken salad, tuna salad or egg salad and I have to eat eggbeaters and turkey sausage at breakfast.. Protein Shakes do not stay with me long enough.. they are okay in a pinch but not every day... You have to look at the sugar content on some of them.. I prefer Muscle Milk or GNC Lean shakes.. high protein, low sugar.. 10% rule applies.. if your shake is 200 calories your protein should be at least 20 gms and less than 5 gms sugar...Good Luck...

If you MUST supplement with shakes, I would recommend Isopure Zero Carb (cookies & cream is my personal fave). It has 25g per scoop and none of the other garbage. My NUT said to drop down to one 25g shake a day and get the rest from food. I do eggs in some form most days (boiled, scrambled, or in egg drop soup), cheese, precooked chicken breast strips with some sort of light sauce or marinade, or precooked turkey meatballs with diced tomatoes. All easy to measure out, simple to heat, etc.

Thank you everyone, for the tips and information. I'm deciding to let this be the last week I depend on almonds, Smoothie King Gladitator smoothies, and Jerky as my eating choices. Everyone is right me eating like this is not healthy, and thus the weight loss results are not coming like they were becuase I'm not eating properly. My nut and Surgeron has recommnded the Smoothie king Gladitator because of the high Protein, and very little sugar, low carbs,so overall not a bad choice but I have to admit there have been days where I have asked for double protein, and that makes me intake my whole 90 grams of protein in one setting. That leaves the rest of the day to graze (lol ), not my intetion.

I believe that it has become a mental thing with me being to eat slider foods and drinks. I can consume more than when I try to eat real food. Protein like beef or chicken feels me up quick, and thats the way its suppose to be. I have just lost my motivation and 85% of my stomach for a reason ,and I'm sure it wasn't to regain weight or eat liek a mad man.

It's very strange how I used to be additceted to sweats, and I would over eat meat and consume large amounts of food. This is my wake up call and I have to keep on teh right track. THANK YOU to everyone for setting me straight.

I wonder if it is a 3 month thing Miss Erika, I am approaching my 3 month date and I am really not wanting Protein in meat form either. I am by nature a vegetarian, hating beef, the way it taste. I want to throw up,Thank goodness for Vegiburgers. Nuts scare me, one nut leads to many nuts, I am afraid nuts are a trigger food for binge.In the mean time, until the protein aversion goes away, I will be having a nutitious greek yogurt. Yum Yum

Yes I will add this to my mental list of food that makes me binge , almonds, and beef Jerky or terky jerky, chips of any kind. I need to stay away from sliders all together. I'm going to do my best for the next 2 weeks to stay away from these trigger foods. I could be lowering my weight instead of playing with the scales.< /p>

I wonder if it is a 3 month thing Miss Erika, I am approaching my 3 month date and I am really not wanting Protein in meat form either. I am by nature a vegetarian, hating beef, the way it taste. I want to throw up,Thank goodness for Vegiburgers. Nuts scare me, one nut leads to many nuts, I am afraid nuts are a trigger food for binge.In the mean time, until the Protein aversion goes away, I will be having a nutitious greek yogurt. Yum Yum

I think we just get burnt out on foods really. I've never been a big meat eater (unless it's fried...heh) and I preferred a high carb diet (like vegans, which I used to be. :/) which is centered around fruits, vegetables and healthy grains and fats. Sadly my body prefers me on a higher fat/high protein diet...I bloat the second I eat carb and don't lose for a week, even if it isn't much. :angry:

I got high protein greek yogurt as well and have been eating that. It's delicious! I just have to be careful as well because sometimes when my sleeve is "more hungry" I don't get satisfied. I find myself trying to wake up and think, " Okay, am I going to need real food or can I just have Soup and yogurt today?"

Oh well. Hopefully we can all find what works for us soon enough....and not get sick by it.

I think we just get burnt out on foods really. I've never been a big meat eater (unless it's fried...heh) and I preferred a high carb diet (like vegans, which I used to be. :/) which is centered around fruits, vegetables and healthy grains and fats. Sadly my body prefers me on a higher fat/high Protein diet...I bloat the second I eat carb and don't lose for a week, even if it isn't much. :angry: I got high Protein greek yogurt as well and have been eating that. It's delicious! I just have to be careful as well because sometimes when my sleeve is "more hungry" I don't get satisfied. I find myself trying to wake up and think, " Okay, am I going to need real food or can I just have Soup and yogurt today?" Oh well. Hopefully we can all find what works for us soon enough....and not get sick by it.

You know I used to hate meat before the sleeve too. Much happier as a vegetarian. It's part of why I create recipes that I post on the blog. What I'm finding is that if I spice the meat well so it doesn't taste like meat, I do better :P

I have also learned that the longer I keep eating it, my taste buds are re-setting and now when I'm hungry, that's what I crave.

Fix your head and the rest will follow....There are reasons why we are battling weight. You need to find out what you get out of it, what triggers it and then is this pattern you are setting up what you really want in life....

It is a life long battle to stay as close to the program...All of us have times that we slip up.....make mistakes and have to pull ourselves back.

Will power and knowledge of what is your weaknesses can change the game quite a bit.....Break the pattern. Go through the detox again and start from the beginning.....

Eat real food as much as you can eh...It is meant for our bodies not these Protein drinks...However in a pinch I will drink one or eat a Protein Bar if I am stuck out of the house....

I eat apples at night...Snacking is always fruit or yogurt...Try to replace the bad with the good and you will be happy once more as you travel this road...No one promised it would be easy...Rewarding yes! Life changing yes! Learning about you and what makes you tick yes!

It is truly all about your success and remember that the sleeve is a tool for you to use to succeed...not a fix all...There like I said you need to really think about why you are doing this to yourself...You know why trust me....you just need to say it and own it and you will go on!!!