Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seriously.. What's up with yogurt these days?

Why don't yogurt containers come with lids any more? I have never been able to finish an entire container and even if I could I like to split it between snack times. I miss the old kind that came with a lid for easy storage.

I hear you... my favorite brand is Muller with the fruit or carmelized almonds in the corner... I almost always throw away a bit of yogurt.

I eat my whole yogurt, too. But not to throw the thread off topic, when did yogurt become so sugary? Have you compared the nutritional information on the back of these things? Some of them are worse than candy bars.

But it's yogurt, so it's healthy ... right?

I eat my whole yogurt, too. But not to throw the thread off topic, when did yogurt become so sugary? Have you compared the nutritional information on the back of these things? Some of them are worse than candy bars.

What he said. I'm so frustrated with having to read all the labels, compare the sugar from the milk to the sugar they added, then divide by a log factor of the Protein and multiply by the square root of the ounces, and then face Mecca, throw salt over my shoulder before randomly choosing one that I've stopped eating yogurt that much. And I used to love greek yogurt. Now they seem to label everything Greek yogurt and the Protein amounts all vary. What is up with that?

Sucks.

I eat my whole yogurt' date=' too. But not to throw the thread off topic, when did yogurt become so sugary? Have you compared the nutritional information on the back of these things? Some of them are worse than candy bars. But it's yogurt, so it's healthy ... right?[/quote']

I asked this in another thread last week. All the Greek yogurts have so much sugar it makes me cringe.

My family gets bored each time I approach the wall of yogurts..I compare about everything up there..secretly hoping I will stumble on one that isn't so high in sugar. Natural sugar or not, just can't get myself to do that to my tiny tummy now.

I asked this in another thread last week. All the Greek yogurts have so much sugar it makes me cringe.

My family gets bored each time I approach the wall of yogurts..I compare about everything up there..secretly hoping I will stumble on one that isn't so high in sugar. Natural sugar or not' date=' just can't get myself to do that to my tiny tummy now.[/quote']

hi,

I did some research and found that the best thing to do is make my own . I make easiyo yoghurt which have low fat and carbs and good percentage of Proteins. you can buy it from Amazon and its not rocket science to make it. hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using BariatricPal

What he said. I'm so frustrated with having to read all the labels, compare the sugar from the milk to the sugar they added, then divide by a log factor of the Protein and multiply by the square root of the ounces, and then face Mecca, throw salt over my shoulder before randomly choosing one that I've stopped eating yogurt that much. And I used to love greek yogurt. Now they seem to label everything Greek yogurt and the Protein amounts all vary. What is up with that?

Sucks.

I don't like yogurt, Greek or otherwise, but my husband has gotten hooked on it. His favorite, and it's also reasonably priced is Lucerne, Plain Greek Yogurt. He adds a stevia and I change it up for him, right now I have some granola for him to add. Some times he'll add Grape Nuts, some time mini choc chips. Sugar is not a concern for him, but it's 10.9 grams per 8 oz serving.

hi' date=' I did some research and found that the best thing to do is make my own . I make easiyo yoghurt which have low fat and carbs and good percentage of Proteins. you can buy it from Amazon and its not rocket science to make it. hope this helps. Sent from my iPad using BariatricPal[/quote']

Yes, I have made my own Greek off and on for the last two winters. I do mine in the crock pot and then wrap it all up and let it sit in a warm oven overnight. Then strain it. Long process but I guess a much better option than the sugary store stuff.

It is a pain I just put mine in a zipper seal sandwich bag and it keeps it from getting all crusty and gross

I wish there were lids, too. And there is way too much sugar. Plain with a bit of sugarfree Torani Syrup works.

I cook with plain a lot but I haven't eaten in plain in a long time. Maybe it's time to go back to that, or add Torani sf Syrup. Good idea!

I eat my whole yogurt, too..

Yep, ... Just like wine is fruit

I am with Laura piggy piggy BonBon! I have been able to eat an entire 5.3 oz greek yogurt since about day 6 post op. This kinda worried me. I was starting to think I got the fat gurl sleeve. Thank goodness once I started eating some pureed Protein I could only get about 1 1/2 tablespoons down before sleevey told me STOP.

On topic. I have no idea why they stopped making lids for the yogurt. I liked 'em!

Back to the best Greek yogurt. I like the Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurts. Here are the nutritional facts

Nutrition Facts

Dannon - Light & Fit -greek Yogurt - strawberry

1. Servings: 1 container (5.3 oz/150g)

Calories 80 Sodium 55 mg Total Fat 0 g Potassium 160 mg Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 8 g Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 6 g Trans 0 g Protein 12 g Cholesterol 10 mg Vitamin A 0% Calcium 15% Vitamin C 0% Iron 0%

Edited by 1SuperBonBon