Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How will you celebrate reaching your goal?

We have a local shop that sells the knock offs, it's $25 for the Bracelet with 3 charms, and then they are $3, $5, and $7 depending on what they are made of, and how intricate they are. She is a bit higher on her website, because she has to pay Amazon a commission, but I bet you could place an order directly with her (over the phone) and she would work with you. Or you could tell me what you wanted and I can get it for you, just paypal me the $$. I live like 5 miles from this place. http://www.islandimportsandmore.com/

I am actually getting pretty close to my goal, but instead of being super excited, I am a little scared - I know that MAINTAINING that weight will be the real challenge. I haven't really thought about celebrating yet. At the moment, I know we can't afford plastics, and we already have plans for a family reunion vacation in Hawaii next Summer. Hmmmm. I need to put some thought into this....

When I hit my goal, I hope to Celebrate my accomplishment by getting plastic surgery work done (tummy tuck, breast lift, and butt lift), and a pair of Tory Burch riding boots. We will see how things change as the months progress...

So I've been thinking of this thread and I think when I reach goal, I'll try hard to believe that I can maintain it. Because I don't think I'm going to trust that I will be able to keep it off. I think it may take me a few years to believe I actually made it. And that's the truth.

I will be having surgery in March but i already told my bf I will reward myself at goal with a pair of christian louboutin black patent leather heels :)

Haha, I don't even have a firm ending goal yet, much less a plan for how to Celebrate it. At 320 lbs, the number 180 seemed like a good goal number, but I always figured I'd revise that as I got closer. However, I turned 49 a month before my surgery & I decided that next year when I turn 50 I'm going to celebrate by doing something physical that was not possible for me to do on my last birthday. I will be 11 months post op & I don't care if I'm at "goal". I want to usher in my new decade by doing something that is newly possible.

Get it girl! This seriously just brought tears to my eyes! I'm with you on not having a firm goal. My goal for now is 150 but that's only because that will put me at a normal BMI. I've always been big, I don't ever remember not being big. There are so many things that I can do now that I could never have done before and I think your "doing something that is new possible" for your new decade is a fabulous idea!

Does it say something about how driven I am when I tell you that my ONLY plans for when I each goal were to start to work on a maintenance plan?? That I had no thoughts of celebrating at all? Isn't that terrible?

Your thread reminds me I should think of celebrating somehow.

I'm totally with you. As I was reading through these my thought for celebrating goal was just to keep going every day. To keep up this life I'm learning to live and be successful at it. But now... maybe a nice tennis Bracelet? ? ha ha ha ha ha!

Get it girl! This seriously just brought tears to my eyes! I'm with you on not having a firm goal. My goal for now is 150 but that's only because that will put me at a normal BMI. I've always been big, I don't ever remember not being big. There are so many things that I can do now that I could never have done before and I think your "doing something that is new possible" for your new decade is a fabulous idea!

Thank you!! It may not be anything more complicated than being able to walk around & explore a new city I've never visited before, but I'm definitely gonna think of something.

I am 5 pounds from my goal and when I had my followup with my surgeon my mom went with me' date=' she has been my rock this whole journey. When he told her that he already considered me a success, and that if I didn't lose another pound he would still consider me successful she just beamed. Seeing her be so proud of me was reward enough. But 2 days after the appointment she called and asked me to come over, she needed to talk to me, I was worried that something was wrong. When I got there she told me that she pulled my daughters school calender up on her school's website, and saw that she had a long 4 day weekend, in Jan, and that since she knew she was doing well in school, it wouldn't hurt her to miss another day or 2, I was shocked that MY mom was advocating missing school, and now really worried that she was going to tell me something was wrong and she had to go somewhere far for a medical procedure or something. Then she hands me an envelope, when I open it, it's the documentation for the cruise she has booked for them, myself and my daughter. There is room for my husband and if he can get the time off work, they are going to pay for him to go as well. I have never been on a cruise before, and they go on several a year, so she booked the best of everything. We are going to the Bahamas, the private island, and a few days at sea. When I came home and told my husband what she had done for me, he said that he wanted to wait to give me his gift until I was at goal, but since I would be needing thing to wear for the cruise he would give it to me now. He has paid for a 3 hour photo shoot, an hour at the location of my choice, an hour in her studio and an hour for my make-up/hair/clothing changes. I will get every picture that the woman takes, edited, and on a disk with a release so I can print as many of them as I want. And while I am cruise shopping I am also going to be shopping for some things for my photos. He found a woman that specializes in vintage pin-up style photos. Something I have ALWAYS dreamed of being able to do. I am madly in love with Bettie Paige, and this is really just perfect. I guess 15 years of being together, and 13 years of marriage made him know me better than I know my own self. When I started the journey I bought a pandora style charm Bracelet, (still silver, but a knockoff) and every 10-15 pounds I have added a charm that represents what I'm doing, or where I am in life. I have a gym shoe charm (for when I started walk away the pounds), a hair dryer charm (for when I actually started trying to look better each day), I found a blender charm (for my post-op liquid phase), I found a bikini charm (to be added at goal), the camera charm is for when I finally took a picture and didn't cringe at the sight of it, you get the idea. The funny thing is now it falls off if I'm not careful, but the place that sells the knockoffs is going to make it into a charm strip for me to either hang from my rearview mirror (seems fitting to use it to look behind me, or to put somewhere in my house. There are too many charms to make it small enough to fit my "tiny" wrist now.[/quote']

Your post made my cry. I'm so happy for you!

Oh I am most definitely going to get some tattoo's!

I am one month shy of being 2 years PO :rolleyes:

reached goal one year ago :)

I got a tattoo with the 3 letters on my right wrist, with a heart under each letter -_-

M organ A ndrew E than

:wub: :wub: :wub:

they are the reason i am a very "proudgrammy" :)

I promised my DH i won't get another tattoo for the next 57 years :rolleyes: :lol:

kathy

Goal seems so far away. There are two things though. The first is that I'd like to wear a bikini. We will have to see if my extra skin agrees with that. The second is that I want to get through all of the major CrossFit workouts as written. (Rx them, for those in the cult.)

Great ideas everyone!

When I hit goal I will Celebrate by getting my 7th tattoo. A quote from the Beatles song, Blackbird.

"You were only waiting for this moment to be free"