Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nah....I've been married so long, I have no self esteem left.

More like, I've been married so long I know I'm not getting any anywhere else so why care? :P

As an aside.. Does anyone know why my 'status' has been, what appears to be 'halved' over the last week?

I've gone from 1,300 posts to 600 something?

Because everyone's post count was messed up in the switch over. It's been corrected. Mine was saying over 10000 posts which certainly wasn't correct.

The actual number of posts that show how much time I have spent on this site is bad enough... much less doubling it...haha

why my 'status' has been, what appears to be 'halved'I've gone from 1,300 posts to 600 something?

Madam Reverie

cuz people only listen to 1/2 of what you say :lol:

sorry bud - the devil made me do it :lol:

couldn't resist

i/we all love you - 1/2 the time anyways :lol:

kathy

I am a food addict....I was always excited for the food at gatherings, I would eat alone in my bed watching TV at night. This way I could hoard my candy without having to share....I didn't feel comfortable with being in front of people because of my weight...

I am now a recovering food addict, 4 week on Monday without any "cheating" old habits creeping up and 2 weeks post op.

did you tell your thansgiving story at your sister in law yet?if yes please tell us where...li have not seen it....

She had it in the call me evil thread. Hope that helps!

What you see here is my belly, the tray table, and all the extra seat belt! I'm on my way to India for two weeks (for work)! Running shoes are packed.

post-146075-0-02926000-1386477681_thumb.jpg

So I have had people ask me "how did you do it?" - I mean beyond the WLS, Savvy people know that even post surgery many people don't lose more then 50-75% of their excess weight. For me, just eating normal with the help of the sleeve I could get down to say under 200# but getting to the size I am now took being a little radical - low carbs, exercise, great reduction in consumption. Not saying it is what everyone should do or needs to do - but when high BMI people "hope" to have success similiar to mine I tell what it took for me. That is interpeted as being radical or hardcore -no, it's the truth.

I have chosen to re-arrange aspects of my life to be less food centered. Easter we didnt do our usual food orgy Breakfast, we hiked to the top of a ridge with a beautiful view. I simply don't hang out with food oriented people anymore because I cannot spend so much time planning food, cooking food, and I expecially don't want to hang with the food pushers.... it all triggers my desire to overeat. I have alot of "willpower" - I always have - the difference is I am smarter now. I make the decision ONCE (ie don't buy the box of Cookies, tub of ice cream or spend the day with a foodie person) instead of a thousand times - like everytime walking by that open box of cookies would force me to do.

Anyway, this weight loss journey is a challenge. None of us vets got to the current "headspace" overnight and along the way, we saw alot of people NOT reach a healthy weight and feel disappointment over that. It is easy to come across very strident about these things we feel passion over and just cringe at all the happy backslapping over all the great stuf that a sleever "can eat". In the end, each person has to make the choice themselves (do I eat it because I CAN or becuase it's what my body needs) and I sometimes wonder if trying to share insights from the school of hard knocks actually helps anybody at all.

I agree with just about every word! If you look at my history, I was an AVID pusher of massive amounts of exercise and massive amounts of Protein. Can't tell you how many discussions I got into over carbs to protein ratios. But I did what worked for me.

It is VERY scary when I read folks talking about eating so far out of the plan! For the first month, I was terrified to put ANYTHING solid in my mouth!

The enablers...the happy back slappers...the pushers...the confessors today who will do it again tomorrow...I must say I have a hard time understanding.

But I will always encourage in the right direction and hope that today is the day that they "get it" and learn to live happily with their wonderful tool.

Maybe tomorrow it will be me who needs encouragement!

Did someone just say my name?

Yes? No?

Excellent.

I shall go back to sleep then :blink:

<retreats under her covers to soothe her fairly robust Guinness hangover>

Did someone just say my name? Yes? No? Excellent. I shall go back to sleep then :blink: <retreats under her covers to soothe her fairly robust Guinness hangover>

How'd you go with beer? I haven't attempted anything bubbly since surgery.

Well, Guinness isn't as gassy as lager. I still can't drink lager. Its just not worth it for the feeling of total burpy-bloat.

Guinness and cider, however, are all good in the hood :D

What you see here is my belly, the tray table, and all the extra seat belt! I'm on my way to India for two weeks (for work)! Running shoes are packed.

What a fabulous photo!!

Well, Guinness isn't as gassy as lager. I still can't drink lager. Its just not worth it for the feeling of total burpy-bloat.

Guinness and cider, however, are all good in the hood :D

I love my cider too.. And whilst in Edinburgh sampled ginger grouse.. Ginger beer with whiskey! Very nice for a treat!! Hope the hangover has gone :)